Shaman Wards Bug Reducing Ward to 1/2 or less.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sentrasia, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

I don't think group make of has anything to do with it.

Out MT Defiler, Marranda above, gets this issue just as much as me and our group make ups are entirely different.

Defiler Group: Defiler, Zerker, Dirge, Inq or Warden, Swash, Ranger.

My Group: Mystic, Troub, Conj, Conj, Wizard, Bst.

Second Mystic Group: Mystic, Monk, Fury, Troub, Conj, Brig or Ranger.

However, I've also had issues when my group was just: Mystic, Monk, Brig just three people.
  2. quisling Well-Known Member

Logs? Screen shots?
  3. Vulnere Active Member

The guild I'm in has been experiencing this for the past two weeks.
    Without a shaman, the entire raid force wipes almost instantly.. and there
    are people with 90 million health

With a shaman in a group, that group survives for a while...maybe 10 minutes..
    The battle is pretty long for us..still working out how to keep both mobs within
    1% of each other, to stop the memorization of heath/heal mechanic.

I'm a part-time, newish raid shaman.. I have good stats and large wards.. I
    layer up to 4 wards on some people at the same time, but eventually the
    bug hits, and the wards are like tissue paper and the entire raid suddenly
    wipes.

I'm an ACT newbie.

This bug has ground our raid progression to a dead halt. I suspect we will stand in that
    one pull spot and wipe repeatedly for 3 hours today at raid. Our ACT experts will pour
    over the logs.. but at most, it will confirm the bug, not fix it.
  4. Vulnere Active Member

5. Vulnere Active Member

I must amend my post.

Today, the excellent guild I am a member of, the Forgotten Souls on Skyfire
    cleared the Doggies in the tower. Now.. I won't lie.. it took 1 hour and 23
    minutes.

But I can report, that the "ward reduction" issue.. is not a bug.. it's an
    encounter mechanic, and can easily be countered with something
    very standard.

I won't spoil the fun of others by telling what that counter is.It was a huge
    head rush to beat those dang doggies.with. "armed and fully operational
    death wards.. " so to speak.
    Argosunited likes this.
  6. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

It's not a "mechanic" on the dogs. I've killed them dozens of times between two guilds.

Not talking about the massive damage that comes from fail condition on the dogs.

This is a bug that can happen on ANY fight for at least the last two expansions. Some report seeing it as far back as ToT.

Just seeing it more and more often.
  7. Vulnere Active Member

well we saw it on the dogs. we tracked it carefully. It happened multiple
    times on the dogs. We never saw it anywhere else, as mobs died too
    fast to even worry about ACT.

We did the "mechanic" and it never happened again, for 2 shamans
    over 83 minutes.

Before it struck after 5 minutes.

so perhaps the mechanic works on more than 1 fight?

I'm not going to argue about it.. I only have the one fight to use
    as a comparison, and it's never visibly happened to anyone
    else in our guild, ever that I know of.

Of course your mileage may vary.
  8. Conmonnn Member

this is definitely not a mechanic on any fight that i have seen (other than the fail on trak). we have killed the dogs multiple times and NEVER had this issue, and as a matter of fact all 3 of our shamans (2 defilers and a mystic) have never had this problem with anything. And before the other dude comes in and tries to tell me that that i don't know how to play my class i dig in ACT after every single raid and closely monitor my numbers all of the time.

What you are referring to on the dogs is a fail in the script that causes their dmg to go through the roof (using an entire ward before the numbers ever show on a spell timer) or your tank is placing the mobs wrong. if your taking an hour and 23 minutes to kill the dogs your not following the script or you have no idea what it actually is. when my guild first killed the dogs it was like 20min tops, tonight for example it was a 7min fight with one or 2 deaths from people not being flagged
    Mermut likes this.
  9. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I thought it was script fail or imagined but have now had several mystics complain about this. Their solution has been to relog.
  10. Vulnere Active Member

I just heal for treats.

My days jobs have been nuclear engineer, cloud systems engineer, and
    business owner.

By the time i come home, it hurts to even think at all.. I'm sure that I
    could dig through ACT and master it.. but I don't want to..

I want someone to tell me what to do, while i stupidly mash buttons.

Everyone has a role they want to play.. and get something different
    out of the game.. I won't argue about the wards.. since i don't have
    accurate information.

I guess the "mechanic" I mentioned.. just kept the damage from
    crazily escalating and eating up the wards.

Yah, Clint there was tanking..

It's worth noting.. that we basically defeated the dogs with 10
    people, only 2 of which did respectable DPS.
  11. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

Had it happen at least eight times tonight across shamans in our raid. Half of which were fighting t3.

Getting old really fast.
  12. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

happens to me on a regular basis.
    it sucks. only fix ive found it relogging
  13. Marranda Active Member

Ok there are people here thinking this issue can be tracked on ACT, Sorry but NO it can not. This bug is not referring to the bleed through. This is a total separate issue. Example if my normal ward is 500mil. When the ward breaks it cast for 250 then if I do not relog it goes down to 75. After that will continue until the actual amount of the ward is 0... and will only parse on ACT the Heal no ward. I cant find the only fight were we continued and my wards actually went to only the heal. But it happens. And please look at the amount of the ward , not at act! This is getting bad when its stopping us from progression. Its one thing to wipe on a mob because people mess up, and another to wipe because the wards break mid fight. Dev's really need to look into this issue. Please! Having to relog 5xs or more a raid is starting to get old.
  14. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

1000% done with it.

Think I counted at least 4 times tonight it happened to the shamans in raid.

I guess on a plus, maybe a plus, zoning to GH did fix it once. Not sure if that was a fluke or zoning will fix it now?
  15. RescueMe Member

Zoning has always fixed it. It's just that typing /camp self is a lot quicker than going through two zone screens and a call back to the raid.
  16. Chellema New Member

Marr anda has it right. I’ve been seeing this bug for the last few weeks but only in pop raids or at least that’s when I notice it because I’m not really paying attention to ward amounts in heroics. I usually ward for around 800mil on group ward. When it breaks my wards hit around 400mil and then if I don’t zone out or relog it will decrease to zero. And no it’s not a numbers error because my tank/Group start spiking and then go down very quickly as soon as it starts to happen.

It’s a crazy bug because once I rezone and we redo the fight it doesn’t seem to reappear. I haven’t been able to pinpoint what it is exactly. I’ve banned all fury buffs on me, I’ve stopped using pots. I can’t say if these things trigger the bug or not because it’s not frequent enough to work it out.
  17. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

We stopped using Wraths Blessing and it seems to have stopped them breaking. Tried testing with wraths blessing on me and was able to get wards to break 3 times in ~15 mins.

Not really sure if it was a specific spell the fury was casting that was causing it to happen, or if just having the buff on was doing it, as I was testing just before raid and did not have long.
  18. Conmonnn Member

It’s been confirmed on another forum post that wrath’s blessing is in fact the issue. The issue is casting ascensions, wrath’s blessing has not been updated for the large hits from ascension abilities and freaks out and ends up applying a negative modifier to heals. Has been tested my another player extensively with same results every time
  19. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

It's not just ascs as the fury I was testing with did not have any ascs (being only level 95).
  20. RescueMe Member

21. Mermut Well-Known Member