Have to keep logging in to LP

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-noluuk, Jun 14, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Jethal_EqRangers Guest

At the very least, i'm glad it's not just me.. but on the same hand.. it's not just me.. and that's a problem - more of a minor annoyance, but still
  2. ARCHIVED-Piestro Guest

We're aware of the issue with LP4 not remembering passwords, and this is something we are actively working on. No resolution on the immediate horizon, but I'll forward on the feedback.
    Thanks,
  3. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

Piestro wrote:
    i got thismessage from a ticket
    so the question i have is why the change
    Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. The new update of our launchpad has removed the feature that saved user's names and passwords. We are constantly working to test new products in our Launchpad and will periodically remove and add items as we evolve our it. We encourage customers to check in regularly to see what's new as we will be implementing more and more changes and tests moving forward.
  4. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Now the "remember password" radio is gone altogether but it remembers my UN...
    Let me put it this way SOE, since you made this unreasoning change to the forums, I log in and post maybe once a month? Since you made this change to the LP, my playtime has already dropped. It's a F2P game, so how long do you think it will take before I get to the point I no longer see any reason to support the game monetarily, as I do now, because I have no desire to participate in this FORCED action of logging in?

Change it back, change it back now. Seriously. The forum change was stupid enough, making this change to the LP borders on idiocy. We didn't ask for it, we didn't require it. Find some other way to deal with YOUR security issues because compromising our personal security to deal with your problems is no answer at all.
  5. ARCHIVED-noluuk Guest

Ok so I just tried logging in after dinner at 8:00 pm est and now..I no longer have my ID stored it says [object object] and in the PW box is a bunch of dots letting me know a PW is there but I didnt put it there. This is on both of my accounts and on two different computers. Kudos SOE not only did you not fix it you broke it even worse. And I just tried to log in only to find Im force to that frikkin streaming crap I hate so bad. Really
  6. ARCHIVED-LucidArioch Guest

Same condition for me has noluuk explained above. "[object Object]" as my Station Name.
    So, the entire 'remember me' feature is useless.
  7. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Hello My friends! The launchpad should be fixed. Thank you again for your patience and understanding on the issue!
  8. ARCHIVED-Mordraeth Guest

The launcher still won't remember my login/password after today's patch.
    If it is intentional to no longer retain the password, please put the station name and password fields on the main screen instead of making us click through to find it.
  9. ARCHIVED-noluuk Guest

Sorry Alex but back to your drawing board..issue not resolved.
  10. ARCHIVED-LucidArioch Guest

No joy here. I'm still having the same problem; launcher remembers me with a buggy staion name of '[object Object]'.
    I also tried deleting my 'remembered login' and then re-remembered the login - but that didn't help either...
  11. ARCHIVED-Enever Guest

Still having the same problem... Have to keep on reentering my password.
  12. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

noluuk wrote:
    I'm sorry you're all still having problems with the "remember me" function. Try reinstalling the client to see if it fixes your issue.
    1) First. find the EverQuest2 game folder delete ALL launchpad files AND please make sure you note what the installed folder is
    (To find these files, just right click on the Everquest2 icon and click open file location)
    2) re-download the game from this website http://launch.soe.com/eq2 and click INSTALL NEW ...and put it in ^ that folder
    Let me know if this fixes everything guys. Thank you again for your patience and understanding!
  13. ARCHIVED-noluuk Guest

Ok so I deleted all the LP files and instead of reloading the enitre game whis is *EULA Viotaion* I reran the LP itself and now have my station name and PW ability back..but in doing so it wiped my UI and now I cannot get my blue interface back. So swap one issue for another
  14. ARCHIVED-Koren24 Guest

Thanks AlexS! Removing the launchpad files worked for me!
  15. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Thanks for that Alex and SOE! All fixed on my end now so cheers. However, just to let you guys know, the launchpad is loading twice upon opening it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Koren24 Guest

Mine has just started loading twice as well, but I'm so glad the logging in is all fixed!!
  17. ARCHIVED-KukriLOD Guest

"I'm sorry you're all still having problems with the "remember me" function. Try reinstalling the client to see if it fixes your issue.
    1) First. find the EverQuest2 game folder delete ALL launchpad files AND please make sure you note what the installed folder is
    (To find these files, just right click on the Everquest2 icon and click open file location)
    2) re-download the game from this website http://launch.soe.com/eq2 and click INSTALL NEW ...and put it in ^ that folder
    Let me know if this fixes everything guys. Thank you again for your patience and understanding! "

I did all this and am still have the issue with the LP not remembering my PW...
  18. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

KukriLOD wrote:
    Same here. Bring up the launchpad, it looks fine, then goes black momentarily, then the regular screen pops up. Click on the big green "PLAY" button, and it changes to "change account". Do that, and it makes me enter my login information every time I start the launchpad. Won't remember me for anything.
  19. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Raienya wrote:
    It appears the remember me issue has come up again. I'm currently looking into this and will let you guys know if I find any new information
  20. ARCHIVED-Vitarga Guest

1) First. find the EverQuest2 game folder delete ALL launchpad files AND please make sure you note what the installed folder is (To find these files, just right click on the Everquest2 icon and click open file location) 2) re-download the game from this website http://launch.soe.com/eq2 and click INSTALL NEW ...and put it in ^ that folder Let me know if this fixes everything guys. Thank you again for your patience and understanding! Thanks Following these steps I was able to fix my launcher and it no longer double starts when loading. And it remembers my handle and password now. Hope this works for everyone else.