Have to keep logging in to LP

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-noluuk, Jun 14, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-noluuk Guest

As of 5pm est 6/14/12 I have to put my PW in for both of my accounts no matter if the box is checked. very annoying. Bad enough the forums have to be PW'd every time you show up..now its the game???
  2. ARCHIVED-Papa Guest

I am seeing exactly the same issue, and it was fine earlier today....
    What is going on SOE?
  3. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

They have implemented the same rock hard security standard for the launcher as the forums. It is for your protection.
  4. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

I'm having the same issue and just like the others I was fine earlier & this evening about 5pm eastern launchpad will no longer remember the passwords for any of my accounts.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Also reporting the same issue, whether the box is checked or unchecked it does not seem to matter.

Re-logging in each time is actually Bad security Lempo(unless you are being sarcastic then lol) , never know when some add on some page will try to slip in a key-logger.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

I'm also getting this issue, very annoying not to metion it's a security hazard. The more often you have to actually type in your password the more vulnerable you can be to hacking. Please fix this asap.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dekedar Guest

Experiencing the same problem all day, LP will not remember my login info and I have to type my info with every launch.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Yes I forgot to include the /sarcasm
  9. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Same issue here.
    Plese FIX>
  10. ARCHIVED-Groscious Guest

Same issue here. Very annoying.
  11. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

Reporting same issue have to keep loggin into launchpad on both computers and on the laptop. Obvously something changed with yesterdays update.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lamatu Guest

How about a official response of how this improves security?
  13. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

Well, if LaunchPad is using the same awesome(whatever) browser framework, then it's probably related to not being able to stay logged into websites either using the In-Game Browser now. Like it's not saving cookie information anywhere. In a way it improves security as it prevents someone/something getting on your computer and getting into your account/game without even being prompted for a username/password. It doesn't have to log anything you type to get in because it already has the permission to do so (if they/it uses your PC to perform whatever action it does). I start EverQuest2.exe manually which asks for the username/password everytime anyway. I'm just not clear on which behavior LaunchPad is supposed to exhibit now. The fact that a "Remember Me" check-box is there implies that it should be able to and it's not now.
  14. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

Same issue here. Even more annoying than having to constantly log in to the forums.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Same issue here for both me and my husband on two seperate computers. My kids didn't play today but I'm assuming it'll be the same for them. It's very annoying, please change it back.
    On top of it all, whenever I change between US English and Public Test versions, it makes me completely re-do station handle and password. =\
  16. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

Any chance of getting an official response to why we have to keep re-entering our account/passwordon the launcher started early this morning.
  17. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

It also has some random account name when you first launch. Something got broken.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

Maybe they got hacked again. :p
  19. ARCHIVED-WanyenII Guest

Version: US English
    The change account drop down list control is using the German string 'Konto wechseln' instead of the expected English string. Validating game assets at the moment...
    Also, the settings/detail button that uses a hammer and wrench icon, the autoplay radio control, and the control array or link bar whatever you prefer to call it at the bottom that includes 'Be in the Know!' | My Account ... all display English labels, but the tooltips are the German version.
  20. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

Yes same issue with the no saving login info on my puter as well.