Hats.

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Xailo, Nov 26, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Sadpandaa Guest

I wish that people would stop bumping this thread. Every time I see the OP's name I get really sad.

I miss you, Xailo, wherever you may be.

*sniff sniff*
    *wanders away crying and sniffiling*
  2. ARCHIVED-Iseabeil Guest

And for the lazy folks... cropped out the non-relevant parts... and here we have a somewhat funny looking swashie:
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-Successer Guest

They seriously need to fix that hat. It's not a proper Swashbuckler type hat. Looks like crap.
  4. ARCHIVED-Snapdragyn Guest

You're joking, right?

It looks like something right out of the Three Musketeers. It looks like it'd be right at home in "Pirates of the Caribbean". It looks, in fact, like the exact style hat shown in your very own icon (with only the colors changed).

How exactly are you seeing this as 'not a proper swash hat' or 'looking like crap'?
  5. ARCHIVED-Red Forest Guest

The style and 'look' of a swashbuckler is subjective. One swashbuckler is different than the other.

It would be nice to see an assortment of attires and styles, but I doubt that. Seems to me that we'll be stuck with one look so far from all the screenshots I've gathered and made public.

Cheers!
    Message Edited by Red Forest on 02-06-200606:29 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-overfloater Guest

I can kind of agree with him: ignoring the huge feather, the hat itself isn't particularly... "swashbucklerish" (yes, obviously that's a real word, shush :p).
    It's actually very small overall. The rim is very narrow -- traditionally most "swashbuckler" or "musketeer" hats are wide-brimmed, whether it's floppy, upturned or pinned at one side or two. The whole hat -- particularly the "bowl" (no idea what the technical name is... "cup"? ... no, that sounds like I'm wearing a bra on my head.... but I digress) ... particularly the "bowl" -- has a very low profile.
    In my minds eye I had envisioned a taller hat, squared edges to the "bowl" part (rather than being rounded), with a much wider brim, possibly with one side pinned up rather than both sides just gently curving up near the tips. Either taller and more squared at the top or a wider brim -- definitely one or the other, if not both. ;)

Lookie:
    [IMG] [IMG]
    ^--- squared tops. Much more stylish. *nods*
    Or just go the "bigger is better" route and go all out on an insanely wide, overly-flamboyant brim:

[IMG]
    ^--- Sure, we'd all look like nancy boys, but we'd look like d*mned fine doing it :p

The wood elf in the screenshot above looks more like Peter Pan with that dinky little hat perched on his head. Then again, he also looks like he's been stretched on the rack for 3 weeks before being photographed through a fish-eye lens.
    Oh... and why do you think the screenshot looks like the forum icon? Might it be because it was modelled on the in-game hat by SOE? /bonk ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Successer Guest

What overfloater said.

The first hat is exactly what I mean we should be wearing (and maybe the 2nd one too). That's more of a Swashbuckler type hat. The one we have in game is too round and small in the cup part. Maybe they need to add several versions to let peopel choose from.

The fact the one in game looks like the icon has nothing to do with it. The icon was chosen because it was really the only one that was close.
    Message Edited by Successer on 02-07-200601:45 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Syltaris Guest

Look like pimps to me... I wish I was a ****....

[IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

is that hat hard to get?
  10. ARCHIVED-Debunkt Guest

The hat in that pic is not as bad as some of the others I've seen, art wise anyway, I realize the stats pwn. What totally kills it for me though is the fulginate look BP... that is so [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] wrong. FAIK SoE is already working on that and may have new art with KoS launch, but if they don't... FAAAACK, that is lame. They throw us a hat and shoulders and we're supposed to ignore the rest of our T5 lookin' gear?
  11. ARCHIVED-Syltaris Guest

It's off a 72 or so epicx4 mob in a raid zone. Pretty deep in.
  12. ARCHIVED-Syltaris Guest

Most of the stuff in KoS is pretty cool looking, some isn't *shrug*. That BP he is wearing is probably generic stuff the beta merchant was selling. Not really an accurate representation of equipment to come. I wouldn't get too worked up just yet.
  13. ARCHIVED-Snapdragyn Guest

Hrm, looks like a different hat than the one on the half-elf -- feather is black instead of white. Could the white-feathered hat be in a slightly easier area?
  14. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

This is supposed to be a chain-based hat, but it LOOKS like it was made out of leather/suede/cloth/bird feather.

I better shut up, or they'll nerf us rogues into leather wearing-only like they did to us with the bows vs. throwing weapons.
  15. ARCHIVED-Wolfyette Guest

Haha so what we're a chain wearing class with a neat looking hat.....man ima gunna have fun making too many sigs for myself :smileyvery-happy:
  16. ARCHIVED-Miguex Guest

well after seeing the stats on that hat, guess im not gonna have to worry about whether it looks good on me for a looooooong time.
  17. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Dazzler_Twodirks Guest

At least we'll have HAIR under these hats unlike any other before.
    I hate looking bald with a hat on.
  19. ARCHIVED-canis187 Guest

[IMG]

Looted this today on LDL, if anyone hasnt seen the stats on live, Looks like standard swash hat with a green feather.