Hats.

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Xailo, Nov 26, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Xailo Guest

Just a quick query to the crowds. I'm a soon to be swashbuckler and would love nothing more than to have a big, red hat to compliment my cheesy sense of charm. Although I doubt there are any in existance now, perhaps we can move to add the idea of a stereotypical swashbuckler hat towards our list of 'flavor' abilities?

Example One: http://rpglibrary.blackgate.net/systems/prism/clipart/jim_roberts/swashbuckler.jpg
    A lass swashbuckleress with a hat. Note, the hat is extravagent complimenting her swashyness. And her buckling.

Example Two: http://perso.club-internet.fr/sophie.mage/cin%E9ma/zoro.jpg
    It's freakin' Zoro!

Example Three: http://digilander.libero.it/myorlandobloom/POTC/OrlandoBloom_POTC_034.jpg
    Lookout! Even Legolas has hopped the band wagon, must've recreated his high-elven ranger and joined the ranks of human swashbucklers.
    Message Edited by Xailo on 11-26-2004 02:08 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Ninjitsu Guest

I definitely agree. Would like to see something that will differ us from other classes. Also to be honest, one of my reasons for wanting to be a Swashbuckler is because of Orlando Bloom's role in Pirates of the Caribbean. But the other is because I wanted to play an agile character that could do high damage. I was originally going to do Assassin but there's way too many of those and i'd rather be a good guy ;]
  3. ARCHIVED-TravisBickle Guest

I totally agree. At least if our armour is gonna look queer we should have a cool hat!
  4. ARCHIVED-Langeloc Guest

Agree.

Have /feedback'ed for this and made the request of a guide directly. Hoping they put this in on the City Merchants.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rooksarii Guest

Added to hats, I had the idea of adding in a class "flavor" skill/ability to toggle graphics for a hat, puffy shirt sleeves and high water boots to be added to the viable character for the swashbuckler class.

Even better, have a sepearate system similar to the "quest keyring" where you can buy "clothing" from merchants (player or NPC) and /setclothing (part of body) (clothing name). Imagine, /setclothing hat swashbucklerpurplehat, /setclothing arms swashbucklerpurpleshirt. I would absolutely LOVE this kind of customization. You can mix and match "flavor" appearances with actual armor looks...Having a nice chain style BP, and buffy arm sleeves comming out, with regular chain bracers and purple gloves, and a dashing black hat with purple feather/bandana and matcing black highwater boots with regular chain legs. Definately gonna /feedback this!

Forever RAR! and Kudos,
  6. ARCHIVED-Enkanto Guest

That is a great idea, it was what I thought my Swashbuckler would look like one I reached level 20 but the reality is that I look just like any other Scout class even like a BARD!
  7. ARCHIVED-Balro Visken Guest

Not a bad idea.

Granted our armor leaves a little bit to be desired but ya can't beat the AC...just why pink for crying outload...lol

I like the hat idea actually. Adds character definition.
  8. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

It was supposed to be purple, just all the detail in the armor, it faded the purple out to be more pink. If you turn all the details way down, it's more purple. Just someone didn't make it purple enough in the tint.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sitala Guest

I am a soon to be swashbuckleret and I was wondering does anyone have screenshot of the armor for a young swashbuckler to check out
  10. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

11. ARCHIVED-CastleFreak Guest

Custom tailoring is needed, everybody looks the same so far.
    A lot was made of the personalisation features for characters in EQ2, well yes in every department apart from clothing.
    I hate my dull armour.
    And Swashbucklers should have bright, garish and distracting clothes that lower a mob's hate on you because it is simply in awe of your red boots of swashing +10 Style, +5 AGI, +22 Camp...
  12. ARCHIVED-Keldien Guest

I definately agree. Hats would rock.

Armor dyes would be a step up. (2 colors per piece would be awesome)

The best thing IMHO would be to allow you to equip a set of clothing over your armor or something. Something similar to the /showhood command to hide your helmet. Then you have a whole set of slots you can fill with any look of clothing you want, and can still get the choice drops and crafted armor. Maybe not allow you to hide vanguard, but who would want to :)

That would also give a big boost to tailors.

Saddly, I havent seen "style" mean anything since UO. For that matter, I had a tailor who took appointments to properly dress and dye people in UO, was a blast and great for RP :)

Even the armor system of UO (till they flubbed it with AoS) allowed alot of visual customization. Its one of the things I really miss from UO.
  13. ARCHIVED-CastleFreak Guest

I like that idea at least a nice flashy cape over my armour.
    I played UO as well, the clothes were great, lots of dyes.
    Cool another thing for my alchemist to make.
    More dyes!
  14. ARCHIVED-Scarn3 Guest

Hats are a great idea, give me one of those hats from the three musketeers with a feathered plume. :smileyvery-happy:

A cape or cloak would also be great. :smileyvery-happy:
  15. ARCHIVED-creepazoid420 Guest

Sony:

You've given us the power to customize our faces.

Now give us the power to rock our styles!

The mob has spoken...
  16. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

I would absolutely love a musketeer outfit, big knee-high boots, rapier belt (or shoulder harness), big cavalier hat with a feather, lacy shirt, leather vest... even the "cloaks" they wore.

If anyone ever makes an MMORPG focusing on the Renassaince era that includes Musketeers I think I'd be in heaven.
  17. ARCHIVED-ChivalricRonin Guest

HERE HERE!! I would love to have the most flamboyant clothes on the server! Its a must for a swashbuckler! Give us everything from Sinbad to Dartanian to Zorro!
  18. ARCHIVED-Thraxarious Guest

I personally would LOVE to see tailor tradeskillers be able to construct things not unlike the tailors in SWG did. The styles and different types of clothing were what really made a lot of the game there for me.
  19. ARCHIVED-Evyn Guest

Amen, Syrano :smileyvery-happy: My husband has an outfit very similar to the one you describe, rapier, main gauche and all. Big hat with the feather, knee high boots, etc etc... If all the men dressed like that, I think I'd be in heaven too :robotvery-happy:
    --------------------------
    Duathiel
    26th Teir'Dal Swashbuckler. Qeynos just wasn't evil enough without me!
    Message Edited by Evyn on 12-21-2004 02:30 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Scarn3 Guest

Heck,

I might be even willing to pay extra money for a full on Musketeer outfit.