HALLS OF FATE DOWN?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Zyxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Alainn New Member

Following the latest crash I've been getting this message after pressing the Play button:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.
    <verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (1981):
    Failed to create D3D device for NVIDIA GeForce GTX960.
    01a3fea9

As a non-techy I have no idea what this means.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Zyxia Active Member

ok I am in, thank you RadaX. Really hope it stays stable now ;)
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay! Seen this one before; first off, don't panic or get too confused about the G:\ thing. It's not your computer's G: drive, even if you have one (most don't, or they've got a printer or mouse plugged in there); it's the game side drive. ;->

Secondly, it probably means you need to download DirectX 9.0c (they said we wouldn't need it any more...). I don't have a link where you could find that, but there are many threads here where others were more helpful than I; just do a Search in this forum for "Direct X" and I'm sure you'll find a useful post. :)

Good luck! :)

Uwk
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

flameweaver likes this.
  6. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Moolti and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

8. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I get this sometimes and the only way I can ever get it to stop is to restart the PC. I have tried installing and reinstalling DX9c and even putting DX9 files directly into my EQ2 folder. Nothing stops the error for me, but when it comes to starting up the game and getting it, restarting computer solves it until the next time.

Uwk's suggestion above has solved the error for people permanently, so I hope that helps you to. I just never been that lucky :p
  9. Koval New Member

Down again 03/04/17.
  10. Kharani New Member

Yup always nice right in the middle of doing something and almost done with it.....just about to get a reward and BAM server crash.
  11. learpilot74 Active Member

This is the topic I posted about, and Dailybreak banned me for a week for addressing it. Wonder if they will ban everyone this time, or "fix it" like they did 20 times in Feb. It is absolutely absurd they cannot keep a server running smoothly for a few days. Then they do not give us any details about the situation. They stay vague, not even apologies like most companies would offer, and no offer of credited game time or anything for their services being down that we pay for. When is enough actually enough? Are they taking their customers for granted?
  12. ladyshotzie New Member

OMG..crashed again, why us and not some other poor server.
  13. Moolti New Member

Yep, me too.
  14. learpilot74 Active Member

Watch out, you "insulted them" so they will ban you like me lol. Its ridculous.
  15. Conifur Well-Known Member

As long as people keep buying krono and spell upgrades yes. Once that ends then they close the game down.
  16. Kioske Well-Known Member

Can we get merged with Maj Dul? Their server never crashes....
    Moonlit_Evening likes this.
  17. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

HoF big surprise -eyeroll-
  18. Fuzzybunny Member

Has there been any sort of acknowledgement that HoF is down (yet again) ?
  19. Deathbe New Member

Sony use to credit your account when they had problems like this. Why don't Daybreak? It's real nice when your in the middle of a timed quest.
  20. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

if I didn't have a guild on HoF or my connections and all my charas on HoF...I'd probably consider moving over to Maj'Dul.