[Guk] Guide Events

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Squeecha, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seneth Active Member

I have made a new heroic toon and so dying to play this warden, but I would also like to get the nebulous Newsie quest , will the guide be giving it sunday easter in cardin ward?
  2. Seefar Well-Known Member

Thanks, Aurawynd. (I think that's 11PM UTC... but I'm never really sure, all these numbersies drive me a bit nuts!).

PS Please send my best to Norika!
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  3. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well we had a marvelous time out in Eastern Wastes with the famous hunter and warrior Kourageous Stormshield. Stormshield was looking for brave adventurers to go into Kael Drakkel and face off with some nasty giants. Well there are some other creepy crawlers in that place to but I don't wanna spoil the surprise. Here are a couple of pictures of the goings on.
    [IMG]
    At the entrance to Kael Drakkel
    [IMG]
    Hope to see you all again soon.
    Aurawynd likes this.
  4. Aurawynd Guide

** Seneth, I am sorry was delayed in my responce have had some RL stuffies to care for =) But I will forward your request right away, and hopefully post here to advertise - however some of these things can be spontanious so keep an eye on the igame channels as well!

** Seefar, great to see you post! I will be sure to pass along your message to Norika! Hope to see you ingame soon =)

** Friggawitch - wonderful reporting and pics once again! Tyvm we do so love to see them =)
  5. seneth Active Member

Thanks so much for responding. I was nervous that I had missed it. I have been asking in chat and watching but so far nothing.
    I will continue to watch for any announcements.
  6. seneth Active Member

Someone said in chat they gave out the quest early this afternoon,, please tell me this is not true. I work till 5 pm, central, everyday, I can't be here any earlier.:(
  7. Snivel Member

This is a fair point.

Isn't there some way that a Guide could actually post when this quest, or other events, would be available? You Guides do a great job, and thanks for that, but would it be that hard to post when events will be happening so that folks can make arrangements accordingly?

I know it must be difficult to schedule stuff, given RL responsibilities, and I know you have announced previous events well in advance of them happening. It seems what is needed is a reduction in "randomness" and a structured way of announcing all the forthcoming events. Not everyone scans all the in-game channels these days. At least these forums are a concrete way to to define what will happen and when it will.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  8. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well it sure would be nice to have the Guide events posted here I agree, This schedule/post here idea has been brought up several times and with always the same results.
    Many guide goings on are never posted here and watching for an announcement on any of the chat channels is like a shot in the dark: it usually turns out that adventurers are out doing something that cannot be interrupted. I have always wondered what the point of this thread is if not to alert us to upcoming guide events. I do enjoy the Guide events and have difficulty understanding why a guide cannot post what they have planned for the server. Is it really that difficult to plan an event around RL? I know I usually work til 7pm est. and I schedule my adventuring time around my RL activities, is a Guide's RL activities so far removed that they have no real schedule and thus cannot plan around it?
  9. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I feel for ya I'm in the same boat when an event is planned for 2pm pst for sure.
  10. Aurawynd Guide

I can certainly understand your point of view as do all the guides, and they let me know when they can, of upcomming events which I post here. The Issue is once it's posted in the forums every means available must be exhausted before a posted quest can be cancelled or rescheduled. And so alot of the time guides are not able to post because they are not 100% sure that they can be there at a specific date or time guaranteed. Most guides work and have families same as the players so often RL happens as it is prone to do and throws a wrench where it's not wanted. The last thing any of us guides wants to happen is to have a quest advertised that in the end theres noway we can make happen, we don't want to disappoint our players, nor do we want them to be waiting around for an extended period of time if something were to happen, and have noone show up =\ .

In short there is no easy answer or fix to this issue, but we do try our best to advertise as much as we can, and I will continue to post whenever it's possible,

The point to this thread is to advertise upcomming events, answer questions, take requests from players for quests they would like to see, to listen and respond to any concerns, to interact with players, and to see all the fantastic screenies Friggawitch so kindly posts for us!

I hope that this explaination helps, at least a little!
    Alenna, FriggaWitch and Seefar like this.
  11. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Aurawynd<hugs>
  12. Penthesalea Guide

Greetings Guk! I know a lot of you have been asking about Norika and I wanted to let you know she is home safe and sound! I was able to chat with her a bit tonight. She will be back in the ranks real soon and I know she will let you all know when she is!
    Pen
    FriggaWitch and Seefar like this.
  13. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

YaY!!! Thats some great news Thank you Penthesalea !!
    Seefar likes this.
  14. Seefar Well-Known Member

It helps a lot. I understand completely (it's why I've never been a 'proper' raider... I hate feeling unable to make any commitment that could collide with reality). Thank you for taking the time, and for all you do. :)
  15. Snivel Member

I was just wondering if there was any chance the "Newsies" quest could be made available for any characters that haven't done it yet?
  16. Aurawynd Guide

** UPCOMMING EVENT *** Back by popular player request !! - On Sunday the 3rd of May, at approx 5PM PT - it is rumored there will be a poor soul looking for some assistance in the Obol Plains! Now you must be brave of heart, and I hear you must not be afraid of spirits from other relms This is an awesome task that will require the help of the bravest of adventurers!
  17. Sambril Well-Known Member

Thanks Aurawynd - and this time I actually read the announcement before it happened :) If my math is right that's 1 am for me, but if I can stay awake I'll be there. Monday is a holiday here so I can sleep in :D
  18. Roshen Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.