Guild Leader Missing

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by puppybreath, Jun 22, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

ouch. all that work down the drain. i can understand guild leaders not wanting to lose their guild, but if they are quitting or needing to be away for an extended period, they should at least provide for someone to step in as leader.

you know, lately when i petition, i get answered by a dev. haven't seen the game masters who used to help me since daybreak began. wonder if they are still around?
    Lateana likes this.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

What is the best way to make a 'vanity" guild? I know in some games folks pay folks to help get the guild going and then those folks leave...but I was wondering how to do it here.
  3. isest Active Member

So after I got back the first one I put in the thread on how soe used to do guild leaders and asked them to expedite it. I got back back virtually the same thing. We are sitting at 94.5 and in a week could hit rank 95. This is our alt guild I put tons of work in it. There are only 6 of us. Me the wife, the youngest daughter, guild leader and two other officers. I am worried that our guild leader has passed I know hes been in bad health for a while, The other guild leaders been deployed for quite some time. I just hate giving up a lot of hard work and restarting. AFter I got the second message I put in the links to both threads that talk about missing guild leader. I know it can be done, or they used to do it. Where is Draco when you need him.

This was my second message from them
    Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (SOE Customer Service)
    02/21/2015 01:38 AM
    Greetings Marcuscat,

I'm sorry as customer support does not offer assistance for guilds that do not have a leader. Unfortunately if your guild is missing a leader, the only options forward would be to create a new guild or find a different guild to join. I'm sorry that we were not able to assist you here, however should you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.
  4. isest Active Member

Yes usually I would see Draco's name on my tickets. He was a good person. I once or twice seen Toby's name on my tickets. So I guess that the gm staff kind of been cut back as well, and they whats left of the team might not have had enough training at the tool set that the old gm's had.
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

If by "vanity", you mean a personal guild, it's relatively easy.

Steps:
    1. Create 5 free to play accounts and create a level 1 character on each :
      • Make sure each character is in the same starting city and move each one to the NPC in that city that you need to talk to, to create a guild.
    2. One your main account, select the char you want to be the guild leader and move it to same NPC/City that your other 5 characters are located.
      • If you logged out each of the five level 1 chars, you'll need and log in each of the other 5. Things may get a bit laggy, as you'll need 6 instances of EQ2 running, use a second PC/Laptop if you have to ease things a bit. You'll need to have all 6 chars logged in. Also suspend any mercs.
      • One your main account, on you soon to be Guild Leader char, invite each of your 5 level 1 chars to group, switching between each of the windows to accept the group invites. You should now have a group of 6, your proposed GL and your 5 level 1's
    3. On you main, character, talk to the NPC and initiate the Guild Creation dialogue it's important that you do this on your main account as this char will be the default Guild Leader - and it's a while since I've done this, but I think that each of the other 5 will have to agree to the guild being made so more switching between windows.
    4. Once you've created/named your guild, your can throw away 4 - note 4, not 5 of your other chars. You need to keep 1 char around, give it recruiting rights and use this char to recruit each of your alts to the guild, as there is now way to recruit alts using the same account. You need to have the recruiter and recruitee online at the same time, one the send the /group invite charname, and the other to accept it.
    5. And that's it, but keep you alternate account guild recruiter around, so that you can invite future alts to your guild.
    Hope this helps.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  6. Tajar Well-Known Member

I lost a guild to a co-leader once so I feel your pain. We'd been friends for 6 years and I had trusted him completely. The worst part was, that he had lost a guild before to the founder, because in EQ1, the owner of the guild is the one who created it, even if they leave it. Our EQ1 guild, the founder came back and petitioned to take the guild back and got it. He did not even speak to us first (we'd have given it back to him if he'd asked, there'd been no bad feelings until he pulled that stunt). I wish the same rule applied in EQ2 and I could have gotten my guild back right away. I've since made a new guild, and guess what... no co-leader :p
    suka and Kittybock like this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

That's a pretty substantial policy change.
    Xillean likes this.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

Interesting. When I had a guild go leaderless, the remaining members had to all petition with the name of the person who they wanted as the new leader. The GMs then promoted that person and the situation was resolved, quick and easy. Maybe they tried to contact the missing guild leader first, though, I really don't know.
  9. Grouse Active Member

That is sad. A few years back, I worked hard trying to contact any of the leaders of guild I was in. None of them had been online for months. Finally, I petitioned for a change in leadership, so we could fix some stuff. Someone must have contacted the original owner, who returned ending the process. Within a few weeks he merged the guild with another one, showing how much he actually cared for it.

Today, I am building my own, private guild, because I've had four different guilds die/merge in the last couple of years ... always without any notice. I asked some friends to create alts and a couple of free accounts, to get the original six members.

To answer your original question: At that time, the support team quickly responded to my original petition with instructions listing what I needed to do before they would consider the change of ownership. There was a complete process in place -- which apparently has been forgotten.
    Moonpanther and Feldon like this.
  10. Xillean Well-Known Member

Not counting my own personal family guild (Which we made after the first incident) I have been Guild Leader of 3 different guilds over the last 8 years. The first one was a co-lead and you guessed it after a convo about how we should set up promotions they apparently didn't like my suggestion, demoted me and did it their way. It hurt because I had known them for 3 years but it was a lesson learned.

2nd guild had been my home from day 1 and eventually after working my way up the ranks the Leader wanted to step down and after a guild vote I was chosen to be the next leader. This was only the second time this had happened at the time, the original leader did this previously as well. About 2 years ago I knew that my time was limited and I would not be able to be the leader my guild deserved so after talking to the previous leader and calling a vote I appointed a officer the new leader.

I am of firm belief if your going to be gone for a extended time period you should do the right thing and give leadership to someone else. I worked my rear off for this guild but it didn't make it mine, you dont raid with out others, you dont have a fully leveled guild on your own (normally) and so dont just disappear without leaving someone in charge imo. In this case the new leader refused to demote me out of loyalty and respect and even now I am still a co-leader.

3 guild was another co-lead. After a very heated argument I chose to leave the guild and give the co-leader full leader and lost a friend of 6 years. I wont get into why or how it came to that but I chose to let him have the lvl 95 stocked guild simply because he had spent more and done more then I had. I spent quite a bit to but it boiled down to he did more so I made him leader and left and now I am still primarily in my personal family guild and im unlikely to join any other guild due to my experiences.
    flameweaver likes this.
  11. Ealdian Well-Known Member

It's easy to understand your anger...but it may be misplaced. It really isn't SOE's Leaderless Guild policy that did you in...it was a friend that betrayed you.

I hope you will recover from this. Norrath IS filled with kind and honest people. Please try to find them, don't sink into your own bad feelings.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

There seems to be some confusion about my involvement in this thread or my most recent post?
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Super!! Thanks so much for your reply. :D
    flameweaver and Xillean like this.
  14. Ealdian Well-Known Member

umm...no sorry I was trying to quote your response....may have done it wrong....anyway, there are really good ppl here in Norrath, we need only look for them.