[Guide Events] Everything you need to know

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Yarlawion, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squeecha Senior Guide

The reason we can't use the in-game calendar for Quests is because anything we add would only be visible to those in the same guild. We have no more ability to add things visible to everyone than anyone else.

As for the Pacific Time, we have to use something as a common time otherwise everyone would be trying to figure out what a myriad of different timezones mean for them. Since Daybreak is in California, it's been a long-standing policy to use it. If things were posted, some in East Coast time, some Central, some GMT, etc, then there would be more confusion than most could stand.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true...if we really wanted to be truly international, we could post everything in terms of GMT, period, and have everyone figure it out from there (which, I guess, is kind of what's going on right now with having one time referent. But at least there are links to conversion sites).

Uwk
    who knows that PST = -8 hours GMT from being on Splitpaw ;->
  3. Seefar Well-Known Member

Dammit. Can't you bribe Those Who Can to enable you to use the in-game calendar? To me, that seems like a perfect solution to many things-that-are-problems-that-need-not-be.

I hear you about the need for a common time standard. The thing is: there already is one: it's called 'UTC' (coordinated universal time). Granted, my main moan about PST is with the insistence to use it when announcing the regular server downtimes. I don't really care whether it's PST, ABC or XYZ... but I'm astonished that after all these years we still have an announcement that is in a provincial timezone that is meaningless to a great many customers, when instead all we need is... a simple countdown!

* stumbles off into the dorkness mumbling wildly*
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, for those of us who live on the Left Coast, we don't think of it as being provincial, considering it's the most populous state in the country, and there's even a couple more here with us, too. :-/

Uwk
  5. Squeecha Senior Guide

Bribery isn't an option... they don't take cheese!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Seefar like this.
  6. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well just wondering if the Community Room is a thing of the past? I have always wondered why that was not used more in the past. Every time there was an event held there it was awesome Recently seasonal parties have been held in the Hold of Prexus on the Guk server anyways. Seems if the Guides want to have fun with the community doing it spontaneously isn't always the best way. I do enjoy the community interactions and also appreciate all the Guides have done in the past but it seems for me that this road has reached its end.
    I'll just check out the chat channels to see if any Guide things are going on, if somethings happening thats great but I will not even bother to see if any events are posted on the forums in either place because the chances are slim that there will be any postings. :(:(
    Seefar likes this.
  7. Squeecha Senior Guide

The Community Room is something the folks there have to open. We can only get in it when the Community folks open the doors, just like you.
  8. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I was just wondering why it wasn't being utilized so I guess it all revolves around community management. I never meant to imply it was readily available for use by the fine Guides of the Shattered Lands.
    I just figured it was a community resource that could be used for community gatherings from time to time and I guess I just don't understand the lack of community involvement by the "Community Folks" I do realize no amount of cheese will change that.:(
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Can always post Community Room events (which, frankly, I really haven't heard that much about) here, if the Guides all go off to a different forum. ;)

Uwk
  10. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Uwk,
    There is a separate Guide Forum note the location of this when you click on the link. Also notice just how few really visit this Forum page. Guide Page Sure looks like community fun events planned or unplanned will be happening rather rarely. It has been well over a month since I personally have even heard of any Guides on Guk. Also most posts on either Forum site go unanswered for weeks at a time so it would seem that DBG is just gonna suck all the fun out of Norrath. Funny thing is Guides are volunteers so I guess that goes to show you their interest in the game and the community has somewhat fallen off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.