[Guide Events] Everything you need to know

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Yarlawion, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yarlawion Senior Guide

Where are the Guides? What are they doing right now? Who is running an event on your server?

You can keep yourself up to date with Guide Events by checking out the links below. Want to be in the loop 24 hours a day. 7 days a week? Click "Watch Thread" on the right-hand side of the thread, just above the body of the first post. You will receive emails/alerts any time a new post is made to that thread!

Antonia Bayle
    Butcherblock
    Crusbone
    Everfrost
    Freeport
    Guk
    Nagafen (PvP)
    Oasis
    Permafrost
    Splitpaw (EU)
    Unrest
    Valor (DE)

Disclaimer: Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Event Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice.

Learn more about the Guide Program:
    FAQ and Application: https://bit.ly/guideinfo
    Check out event screenshots and more on Facebook
    Follow the Guides on Twitter.
  2. Ealdian Well-Known Member

Hello Pen,

I will be there with my bells on!

Ealdian,
    but you can call me Eli

P.S. So happy there's a new home for this!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

I thought the new home was going to be privately run forums off of Daybreak's servers?
  4. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I thought Griffon Lady already set these pages up when the Forums got changed a few weeks ago.
  5. Penthesalea Guide

Griffon Lady did set up pages and my understanding is was given lots of hugs and thank yous. Our Elders decided it would be best if these were officially started by a guide which was done by Squeecha. Again thank you all for your patience while things are being worked out.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Shmogre like this.
  6. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Greetings,
    Well I am glad to hear that things are gonna be returning to some sense of normal I thought maybe the Guides all went on Hiatus to Luclin, lol <Hugs to all>
    P.S. A Big Giant Hug to Squeecha ah the power of cheese!
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, none for Storms...well, I can't speak enough French anyway to roleplay, so I guess it's just as well for me. :-/

Uwk
  8. Yarlawion Senior Guide

Hello Uwkete,
    unfortunately we do not have enough players from Storms who would love to become a Guide at the moment (aka Candidates).

One of the examples that we are a player-driven "organization" only that lives from having people interested in joining our ranks.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good point. :)

It's sad that Storms doesn't seem to have a lot of people; the Broker is a bit, shall we say, uneven, and kind of sparse. :(

Uwk
    who should really kick up the toon there and contribute; think I'll make her a Tailor...
  10. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I thought guides could not be on the servers their account characters were on. Yet I have recently seen guides that did seem to be on their account servers. When did this change?
  11. Squeecha Senior Guide

In certain instances it is required, such as servers that are non-English speaking or so forth where the Guides have to be able to speak the language.
  12. Yarlawion Senior Guide

13. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's a bit ironic.. and unfortunate... that the guide section of these forums was closed 'due to lack of traffic', but when they were put into the general quest forums they're making it hard to follow those threads because the guide threads are 'too active'. Now the solution is to move those threads off the eq2 forums entirely.... rather then simply open guide forum back up... :(
    Making an account on yet another site and having to check some place else is a strange decision when we used to be able to check here.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Seefar like this.
  14. Seefar Well-Known Member

Nope. Sorry.

It's bad enough having to come out of game to the 'SoE' forums. Not going to sign up to YAFTWPCAISMT (yet another forum that will probably change again in six months' time).

[edit]
    Figure out how to do it in-game, already. It ain't rocket science. You have a nin-game calendar, for instance, use it!
    [/edit]
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

Technically you use the same account to sign in to the new guide forums as you do here, all you have to choose is a display name and time zone. However I agree the changes to the EQ2 forums were poorly thought out and rushed through not because of their merit but because their mastermind was too proud to rethink the decision. It doesn't make sense to leave the EQ2 forums to get information about EQ2 events.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

you do not have to make an new account the guide program forums are in house forums
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

That's a small something, at least.
  18. Katz Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me the logic behind this? Why is it better? How is it beneficial? I'm asking because I just don't see any benefit.
  19. Seefar Well-Known Member

That's a very, very slippery slope. One minute you're logging into a website 'that's an in-house forum even though it looks completely different' using your account username and password, and the next you've been hacked because you gave your account username and password to a website that purported to be 'an in-house forum' -- only it was not.

Clearly that time a few years back when Norrath lost many good folk because of SoE's inability to secure its own house is now so far in the past that it has fallen from memory into myth.
  20. Seefar Well-Known Member

More thoughts on this:
    1. Norrath is a virtual world. I'm intrigued as to the reasons why we do not make more use of it.
    2. The in-game calendar would be perfect for scheduling guide meetings (caveat: might require some extra coding?)
    3. A building in a neutral location (Kelethin? Gorowyn?) would be good for the entrance hall into the virtual meeting hall.
    4. I picture the 'virtual meeting hall' as an open-air semicircular auditorium.
    5. Not all meetings are enthralling, fascinating, exciting. Skywatching during boring meetings is good.
    6. Attendees to formal meetings could /sit to listen, /stand to indicate they wish to speak.
    7. Senior Guides could exert Great Power with /point!
    8. Signs with 'magic mouth' spells on them could announce last-minute changes at the door. (Real life happens.)
    PS Please reconsider the use of PST for meeting times. (After all, in Norrath, 'pst' means something else.) Citizens of Norrath hail from all over planet Earth -- not just from West-coast USA. By all means, please do continue with stubborn parochialism if your intent is to sew confusion rather than foster good communication.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.