Guardians next Xpac

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Edgard, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Edgard Guest

will they be worth main tanking ?

I mean, this last expansion was clearly meant for crusaders, so, I would wonder if the good ol' guardians would be once again the tanks for the new content to come ?
  2. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Wouldn't it be nice to get some class balance?

If my Job Performance for 2009 read like this:
    • Move Shadowknight from tank #6 to tank #1
    • Move Guardian from #1 to #4 tank
    • leave Druids (Fury/Warden) broken for 15 months
    • leave Summoners (Conjuror/Necromancer) broken for 15 months
    • leave Brawlers (Monk/Bruiser) broken for 15 months
    I don't think they'd ask me back for 2010. :)
    Did you see the Game Update #54 notes? One class spell for Wizards got updated. And it's just an animation tweak.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dasein Guest

How big is the performance gap between different tanks?
  4. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

When they gave all the abilities of Guardians to Shadowknights, someone forgot that Shadowknights also have incredible AoE abilities and self-heals. So not surprisingly, SK rocketed from #6 tank to #1 tank.

Guardians could have been scaled down a bit, but taking away 25% double attack and other tools from their arsenal was overkill. If, as an SK, you can do everything a Guardian can do better, plus self-heal, plus generate mountains of AoE agro (if you fire off Death March and lose agro, there is something seriously wrong), why wouldn't you play an SK?

It was a complete overreaction and typical of the "EQ2 -- We don't do subtle." design philosophy that has got to change.
  5. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

Look at it this way, sometimes your class is the pidgeon, sometimes its the statue.

Monks / Bruisers have been the statues for 2 x expacs now, Guards are way better off than we are ;-)
  6. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

November 2008 - The Shadowknight Odyssey
    February 2010 - Summoner's Fate
    Are you ready?
  7. ARCHIVED-Macross_JR Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    LOL
  8. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    LOL, nice snark!
    I expect the fighter revamp to come in with SF and it likely will have testing period in beta with no revisions and no player feedback addressed as they wont have the resources / time to do so being busy with the xpac bugs and all.
    I fully expect every tank class to be a one click macro ftw aggro magnet regardless of gear or player skill.
  9. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Dasein wrote:
    Raid level very small. Heroic level AE tanks are rockin it due to AE agro.
    Thats about it in a nut shell.
  10. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Well I have an 80 Guard who is now retired. I pretty much benched his @ss after my first few attempts at holding aggro in TSO.
    My SK is so easy to hold aggro with it is laughable.
  11. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

I know your feelings. As a guard if you don't have mountains of hate transfer your a joke. You can blow every emergency wad you have and 1 second later you have lost agro. Heck, I have watch a SK take agro on the gozak fight in bastion and the form your fighting with is doin so much DPS it should be impossible. Talk about OPed. And yes, monks and bruisers have gotten the short end of the stick so long they have really been related to farmers. The only perupose they have in a raid is to give the main tank even more avoidance.
  12. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

I do have some suggestions to make it easier for Guards to get aggro in encounters.
    1. Remove resists on taunts
    2. Shorten cast and recast timers on Encounter based taunts.
    3. Shorten recast timer on the 1 blue AoE Guards get.
    4. Double the amount of hate generated by taunts.

Without aggro transfer a Guard is hopeless in encounters.
  13. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    It's been said already, but that WAS pretty awesome.
    As far as tanks go though ... I think logically it must be the Brawlers' turn in SF.
  14. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Hopefully the new class dev doesn't just ignore the playerbase.
    Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Fighter Revamp got summarily rejected. They won't try it again. We need subtle change. A few AA tweaks here and there, some adjustments to combat arts, not the sledgehammer that was proposed.
  15. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Krunck@Everfrost wrote:
    I have seen a Guard and Pally do the same thing. Its not hard with position jumping abilities. Please do not make this an over-exaggeration thread on tanks at the raid level. Things at the raid level are pretty balanced.
  16. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    1) It is still coming in the fighter changes in SF. Aggression FTW
    2) It is still coming in the fighter changes in SF.
    3) NFC
    4) It is still coming in the fighter changes in SF.
  17. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    You drank too much of the kool-aid ;)
  18. ARCHIVED-RafaelSmith Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Lets not be fooled......they didnt scrap the Revamp.......they just put it on hold because they realized putting in all those changes at once was never gonna fly. We are still going to get all those changes......just in smaller pieces over time instead of all at once. That revamp is exactly the vision SOE has and wants for tanks in EQ2. Sucks but its true.
  19. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

Bruener wrote:
    Not talking the raid level. At the raid level you have the proper classes to provide the needed hate transfer. It is at the group level that things fall flat.

With a pally, they can amends any target in there group. This always gives them a hate transfer abilty. With a guard you rely very very heavily on having a swashy, assasin, dirge and coercer. Without a good player playing one or more of those classes in the group with a guard and even a zerk, agro falls flat. If you want to try it, have a group without any of those and see how much fun it is to try and hold agro.
    The only way it will happen is if the people your grouping with drop there dps down a lot or they suck so bad that your out dpsing them anyway.
    Then put multiple mobs into the mix and watch people die all over the place becasue the guard just can't hold the agro anymore.
    Guards used to be over powered, but those days are long gone. SK's are the king of the pack right now. What will be the flaver of the month next xpac.
  20. ARCHIVED-MoeSizlak Guest

Bruener wrote:
    Raid level yes...but again...that's with hate increase AND transfer maxxed or close to it. So is it not that there is a problem, or that the problem is masked because of the above reasons?
    I mean I know no one would ever agree to this so we'll have to speak hypothetically, but you are creating a MT group for a TSO raid and your only requirement for said group is that the MT CANNOT rely on any other classes in the raid to give them any hate gain or transfer buffs, who are you going to pick to tank that raid? I'm betting your list is probably going to go something along the lines of Paladin, SK, Zerker, Guardian.
    Just because raid setup masks a problem doesn't mean it's not a problem as well.