Guardian vs Berserker

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Fundinn, Nov 20, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Fundinn Guest

As of now, berserkers are much better at keeping aggro than guardians. There is no question about that. In fact, I absolutely hate being in a group with a guardian when they are MTing. I can't use half of my abilities because they take aggro away from the guardian. I'm not buffing during battle, mind you. I turn on Blood Lust before the battle. I would really like to try MTing and having a guardian intercept the damage by "guarding" me, but everyone has preconceived notions that guardians are better all purpose tanks. I can see lvl 50 raid groups using this combo once people learn more about the classes; Guardian, Berserker, 2 healers, 2 DPS. Since berserkers keep aggro better than guardians, but our best spells sacrifice defense and health, this makes perfect sense (in theory). When not the MT, I can forget about using Blood Rage or Bloodlust. IMO, having a berserker in a group with a guardian (if the guardian is the MT) is a total waste. Get a scout or a mage instead. The group will get mad (at either the zerk or the guard) because aggro keeps going to the berserker. Maybe if this happens enough, people will just give in and let zerks be the MT when there is also a guard in the group. After playing the berserker class for a while, I now see that serks are useless when they aren't tanking. The only thing we are doing is soaking up part of the XP since we can't use any of are essential skills. A scout can do the job of DPS much better than a zerk can, and they have detaunts and evades that keep them from taking aggro from the MT. If you are dead set on having a guardian MT in your group, then don't pick up a berserker. A zerk does not complement a guard, but a guard does complement a zerk.
    My views have changed from when I first posted, but have changed from experience. Maybe the guardians that I have grouped with just don't keep aggro very well. Maybe some guards can keep aggro while a berserker goes berserk, but I have yet to find one.

P.S. The original post was written by me before the Blood Rage nerf, so that accounts for the reason my views are different now. The bugged Blood Rage owned every other class, so my views of berserker were skewed. Now I feel they are correct.
    Message Edited by Fundinn on 12-02-2004 11:26 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-commandobob Guest

very niece were is betrayer crypt and is this a quest ??
  3. ARCHIVED-Kromus_1 Guest

Of course we r doing massive dmg and aggro hold as MT BUT we havent got such defensive based skills as guardian = guardians CAN tank better (not aggro holding) = group can take on tougher mobs because healers got less stressed like when healing berserker... Killing mobs takes longer with guardian but its safer.But our biggest advantage is versatility, i mean we can deal also nice amonut of dmg compared to "pure" tanks and i LOVE it :smileywink:.
    Edit: but still we have no chance outdamaging good (i mean with at least adept 1 skills) wizard or swashbuckler.
    Message Edited by Kromus_1 on 12-03-2004 02:58 AM