GU100: The (Good?), the Bad, and the Ugly

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Entropy, Apr 29, 2016.

1. RedBB Active Member

I usually spend 3-4 hours after work in game depending on work load. If I'm testing changes to my main then it's more like 6hours with training dummies. The complete lack of content, quests, artwork, etc, has left me bored out of my skull. Let's see what I can do with those few hours each night.

1. Keep working on finishing out my armor set if anyone is even on in the wee hours of the morning.
    2. Farm keys to roll on myth, get bent
    3. Try to finish collections. See #1
    4. Run the same advanced solos another 3 times. Already doing that to the point I don't want to log in.
    5. Go back and finish quests of old to clean out my journal.
    6. Level another one of the wife's toons

Nothing new and exciting and mostly group dependent where even auction channel has descended to general chat level IQs from pure boredom.

Did GU100 put life back into the game? A little. But I'm hoping something better than another zone revamp is in order for the next expansion especially with all the over the top mobs.

The Good.
    New(old) playgrounds.
    New collections.
    A somewhat fun quest.

The Bad.
    Stat inflation galore.

The Ugly.
    Scripts scripts and more scripts. (how about some old fashioned tank and spank)
    Damage output from mobs where nothing but a heavily geared tank stacked with wards can survive the first hit. (yeah I stuck my head into a fabled zone to explore and got creamed for 12mil by trash. Too bad I only have 1.8)

Honestly it feels like the game is turning into an arms race against NPCs. Can we burn them down before the splatter the tank across the zone? That is the question we ask on every pull.
  2. MalcolmXBox Active Member

Some other big uglies are infusion and the new food crafting rares.

The time and money wasted, on something that is replaced with newly released gear, is a major reason people are dissatisfied or have left the game during this expansion; and yet it's still here.

Harvesting victornut and battle plantain takes hours to get as little as one of either. I harvested 30+ deepstone roots off the fungal outgrowths and 5 of the new rares total; in roughly 6-7 hours (over 300 skill points plus potion(s) of bountiful harvest. I hope this is a bug, because there is no way you can price that affordably for players if you account for time spent; let alone find it worth spending most of your time in game gathering these.
  3. MalcolmXBox Active Member

Fixed
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

So you post a silly gif to take attention away from a post asking you guys to take responsibility for your own game play? Instead of insisting that DB make it just so for everyone.

Pitiful...
    MalcolmXBox likes this.
  5. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Good idea! We should balance the game by having players voluntarily elect not to use any class ability or buff they feel is too powerful. My eyes have been opened, and I now see how pitiful I am for having used a silly gif to ridicule that nugget of brilliant reasoning, when sarcasm works so much better.
    Mizgamer62, Xillean, Estal and 2 others like this.
  6. isest Active Member

Been there done that. I agree on every point.
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

Sarcasm is all well and good. If its applicable. But enlighten me , oh wise one?

What is wrong with setting the parameters of your own game play and enjoyment? Instead of wanting DB to force your opinions on everyone else because you think (insert item, buff, debuff etc...) is too powerful, not powerful enough or what?
  8. Aivet Well-Known Member

My major gripe with GU100 is the tradeskill aspect. Want to craft? Gotta join a group to get the main component drops for it, plus be an armourer or a tailor. If you get the armour and you're not an armourer or tailor, you can't even put the bits in the shared bank for an alt to craft, you have to find someone else to commission craft for you.

Or you can be a provisioner and spend time nowhere near the GU100 zones trying to harvest the ludicrously rare components needed to make the new food and drink.
  9. Livejazz Well-Known Member

The signature quest was relatively fun, & I love the new mercenary. I've made a pretty decent amount of money selling GU100 shinies. Some of the rewards from new shiny collections have been decent upgrades for me.

I haven't tried any of the new Fableds yet, but sadly, unless they knock my lights out, I'm beginning to really dislike this GU. It's a very good thing I had reasons other than it to sub for a month, but I can't think of a single good reason to maintain my sub after the 27th.

As a crafter, Aivet's post makes me cry :(
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. Livejazz Well-Known Member

That's an awesome idea, Raff. Following this philosophy, nobody should ever have any complaints ever again about raiders, crafters, soloers, casuals, hardcores, or any other aspect of what some people can do but others, for whatever reason, can not or will not do. Just set your own parameters, shut up, & game.

Why, if we do that, DBG could then just shut down these forums almost entirely, because nobody would have anything to say.
    Mizgamer62, Pixilicious and -Soteria- like this.
  11. Zythus Active Member

[IMG]
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

Zing..you got me. But, the subject matter is the Heartbound Buff. Nothing else.

If you bothered to read back a bit, you would know that.
  13. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I know exactly what the subject was, & I'm snarkily suggesting that there is no reason why your "set your own parameters" suggestion does not apply to all of those other issues, as well.

I really didn't think I'd have to explain that, but forums regularly astonish me.
    Mizgamer62, -Soteria- and Mermut like this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

Nobody but you mentioned those other issues. But since you seem confused, I'll reiterate for you. Heartbound is a totally voluntary buff.

Is asking people to take responsibility for its use or non-use too much ask? Instead of asking DB to just take it away totally cause some segment of the marketplace does not like it?
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

No its not .. for raid it must to have or sit out
  16. RedBB Active Member

Sounds like a leadership problem. Not a mechanic problem.
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Nope not at all - raid always can afford carry 3-4 person with any value of resolve or DPS its matter of progression and rationality say for beastlords those 30% Fervor easy converts into 100+M more DPS. This fervor buff so much trivialize TOT content (along with huge potency/AMOD boost from Zek) - most named in Maldura/Stigians drops dead in less then 60 second except of course of those that require follow script
  18. RedBB Active Member

This nerf everything kick all across the forums is getting old. So they went overboard with GU100 nobody can deny that, so I won't even try. But for god's sake stop knit picking over class x > y. Nerf X because I play Y. Or better yet, I know what was intended better than the people that designed it.

Enough already!
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well, you see I am playing both warlock and beast lord so I can see grass from both side of fence ... :) Lets just say - everything that warlock were in AOM and RC now belong to Beastlords :)
  20. RedBB Active Member

Wouldn't you agree the Pay to Play classes should have their "perks"?
    The pecking order for the longest time minus BL.

Wizzy/Warlock/BL
    Predators
    Summoners
    Utility
    Tanks

Seems to me it should still be that way. If it isn't we need to look at what's out of whack with the underperforming classes. Not ways to screw up the rest of them.