GU100: The (Good?), the Bad, and the Ugly

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Entropy, Apr 29, 2016.

1. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Going all the way back to the original post, here's another "bad" -- Key quest cyans are no-trade. I'm sure it's on purpose, but it's awful. I have like 19 alts that could use upgraded cyans. But since I'm claiming keys on my main in the hopes of finding an ethereal rune, I guess I just have to throw away the cyans I keep getting, since my main doesn't need them.

Sure would make it a lot more rewarding to hunt keys if I could be getting small upgrades for my alts along the way, instead of just filling my bags with garbage until I get the ultra-rare rune. Frustrating!
    Maldek, Sigrdrifa and Prissetta like this.
  2. RedBB Active Member

I miss the questing and faction grinding days to get this stuff when if anyone so much as mentioned the idea of lotto boxes they would have been taken into the back alley and never heard from again.
    Jaden likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ugh. I was going to pass the keys to my alts since 2 of the 3 healer ethereal runes are useless to my druid.. now I can't even get cyans for my warden that way. Well, I guess that spares me doing the tedious key quests.
    Meneltel likes this.
  4. Maergoth Well-Known Member

"New Mechanic"

Are you sure it isn't just rebranded crit mit / crit avoid?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Nkito Well-Known Member

I was afk during crit mit times so never experienced it but isn't resolve somewhat like the opposite of fervor except that it affects incoming as well as outgoing damage? By that I mean after all damage calculations are complete resolve reduces all damage by a flat %?
  6. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Any matters concerning Jinkzz are irrelevant. This is known. Aim higher, Soteria!
  7. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Well I don't know what cyans you use for your warden, I suppose probably the wdb ones. But I use the heal focus ones, since I'm always way overcap on wdb anyway, and I haven't seen any new heal focus ones so far. To be fair, though, I haven't seen very many yet. But... I guess if they forgot to put in new heal focus cyans... idk... I will have to figure out if the like 27 potency or whatever I would gain from moving to the new ones is better than the heal focus effect.

Which reminds me of another "bad" - I notice all this unwardable damage popping up again... yep, still a terrible idea!
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's more of the idea of getting 'lucky' enough to get an ethereal... on a toon that it is useless to ;)
    I was hoping to give the keys to an alt and pass the cyans to my warden
  9. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Yeah, running key quests on my pally is tedious to say the least. Was hoping i could do so on my brig or ranger and pass them along to the others.

This no-trade nonsense is a bummer :(
    RedBB and -Soteria- like this.
  10. isest Active Member

Am I the only person who felt that this gu100 is meh? The quest are quick and it takes no time until you get to the castle, at that point it becomes pure frustration. while I have finished the quest line and got the owl on 4 mains, I am at the point of doing my casters and found it totally not fun. I am at the point of going why am I even logging in now.
    Ignited, RedBB and -Soteria- like this.
  11. Kham Active Member

Soteria, the heal focus number is equivalent to potency just as the offensive ones were for offensive abilities.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except there are no 'offensive only' buffs. They're straight potency and weapon damage bonus, instead of situational potency (ie for heals only) boost.
  13. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I mean... the keys are tradeable, so you can still run them on whatever toon you want. Just once you dust off the key... you're stuck with the cyans on that character.
  14. MalcolmXBox Active Member

Earn the 30% more with the same level of work the bulk of raiding guilds do in order to loot that gear, and I think there will be very little objection; otherwise. If that is not what people wish to happen, then you may just want to say "kill raiding".
    I mean that with respect and empathy.
  15. MalcolmXBox Active Member

Loot only is fine; but is it reasonable to assume mob resolve would be adjusted to reflect the change?

The game population plummet of the last two months (at least on Maj'dul) is an issue as well. We are at similar active player levels to that of Crushbone (around this time last year). I could be wrong about that; but I do play a significant amount, and I far less general, LFG,and Auction chat. Pug groups seem to have a difficult time filling up more often.
    I know there are a significant number of people on the forums that have dismissed; due to assumptions such as "there are always going to be players leaving that don't like changes", "you can't please everyone", or "they are only leaving because the game is old". There are some other common assumptions as well; and they carry some truth to them, however there have been too many people leaving recently to ignore it.
    A lot these of the people leaving want to keep playing this game for a variety of reasons. I've ran into people coming back ftp to see if they like the state of the game enough to resubscribe; and then they leave again in disappointment. I know a lot of people (still playing) that are on the fence; which suggests many players have had escalated frustrations and/or disapprovals. I am one of those people on the fence, so I apologize for any bias.
    This expansion has seemed a bit thin; with a lot of what's missing being filled in with fixes and changes; and then fixes to those fixes and changes. It's appeared as more of a link between AoM/Rum Cellar, and the next expac. That might be an opinion I hold alone, but I think it warrants some thought.
    This isn't doom and gloom. This is more of an observation that the recent changes made (probably have cost too many players; and are likely pointless or a waste of time.
    My opinion here is very speculative, but it almost seems as though DBG wants to nudge the game over the edge and put something in this game's place. I've digressed, so I apologize.
    Suggestions: Consider what it will take to bring players back to subscribing; players that want to play, but have become fed up.
    Throw out an email survey for the game (not DBG services). Find out what people like(d) and dislike(d). Maybe this is a normal occurrence. I think that's doubtful, but this a more accurate way of knowing.
    The Devs should being so "hush, hush" about a lot of these changes. This game is really not in a pool of competition with anything out on the market. This is a loyal base being alienated. Ninja changes and vague advance notices lead to a lot of aggravation, by a lot of people. I don't think people want a big surprise and it's not like there are state secrets being protected.
    RedBB, Mizgamer62 and Prissetta like this.
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I agree with your post above MalcolmXBox. I have been having a blast in BDO, but still have a good friend that plays EQ2 so I come back now and again. When I am in EQ2 I just feel this overwhelming sense of anger and sadness at how SOE/DBG has slowly destroyed this once great game. I try not to feel that way, but I can't help it.
    -Soteria-, Meneltel and MalcolmXBox like this.
  17. d1anaw Well-Known Member

18. d1anaw Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter. Whatever they do, is going to be complained about. It always is.
  19. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Don't forget, he can probably also solo everything in the game.
  20. Faelfreeblood Active Member

What define a casual player? If its time effort why is it that some people play and grind 8 to 12+ hours almost daily or many characters and never raid or even touch much of the higher level content?

Grind status titles, fix houses, maybe work on professions and quests. Twink characters? I would say some of them work harder than raiders for longer.

If its not play style that defines them is it knowledge of the game? That would make sense in considering opinion but would only apply to the aspect of the game in which they lack experience.

If this buff is effective outside of a raiding environment, then such opinion is just as valid overall as it would effect dev consideration in my view. Perhaps more so. A molo player facing great challenges in actuality, is likely to gain more reward from this than someone with group support.

Consider the majority of players which are usually a hybrid of these extremes and...well you get the idea.
    RedBB likes this.