GU 100: Treasure Hunts

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Laylaih, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crastinal Active Member

I believe it must be something on those lines, what makes the whole hair-on-fire no-loot-for-solo all the more hypocritical.
    But to each his own.
  2. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

As a swashbuckler, I am torn. Now I have to consider if I should seek out treasure, or if I should hide in dank, dark dungeons. Treasure is so much more tempting though.
    suka and Livejazz like this.
  3. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I don't. But the devs have made it so even soloing F2P scrubs like me can get "raid" gear, they've done this for quite some time, & it doesn't look like they're going to change that philosophy any time soon. So, instead of calling other posters "whiny little brats," perhaps you should aim your wrath at the devs, because venting on other posters won't do you a bit of good.

In any event, since nobody "needs" raid gear for heroic dungeons, I advocate the devs creating a script that automatically "degrades" all raid gear into heroic gear, any time you're not in a raid zone. Because, after all, I'm sure an uber-skilled pro player like you can still use AS gear & faceroll your keyboard for 20 million DPS in your sleep, amirite?
    suka, busca and Sapryze like this.
  4. hwy101 Active Member

And i still have my nice gear ./flip
    :eek:
  5. Rotchi Active Member

Yes.. you actually are correct on that statement
    Neiloch likes this.
  6. Livejazz Well-Known Member

FRAPs & ACT or I don't believe you. Give me FRAPs & ACT showing me you can faceroll 20 million DPS in your sleep, wearing AS gear, & I'll tell you that quite clearly nobody needs "raid gear" for anything, because you just proved it's excessive.

Either way, your claim does the hardcore raiders opposed to these treasure hunts no good, so thanx for the reply.
    Sapryze likes this.
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Hmmm...are the chances to roll a higher tier key going to be as bad as they are trying to get an umbrite key? seriously ...hundreds and hundreds of gold keys. I could accept a ratio of 1- 10 -20, but whatever it is now is awful.

Being able to save so many keys and trade them for a higher value key wouldn't hurt my feelings either.
    suka and Prissetta like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Right now, dirt encrusted keys run about 89% gold, 10% platinum, 1% umbrite. And that's reasonable. These are soloable quests that have a chance to give Legendary or Fabled rewards very rarely.
    suka and Livejazz like this.
  9. Mark John Member

Ridiculous selfishness. You don't want solo players to be able to get better gear so you can be 'better than them', dominate them in dps (or heals, VCs, whatever) on parses if they happen to do a heroic with you, and be an EQ hero. BFD.

I raid, in a top ten guild. Solo players should be able to earn comparable gear. It should be predicated on level of effort and skill, not gameplay style. Raiding entails a lot of effort on the part of a guild. Solo players should be able to get comparable rewards if they invest comparable level of skill and effort.
    suka likes this.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Most of nowadays liberals and brain washed SJWs will answer - OF COURSE!!!! But ... there is a difference between RL and VR considering VR as job that should promote less society useful work in favor of more gaming time spend? - that's a waaaaay off and really demagogical argument. What is truly valid argument - MMORPG is a business and revenue generated mostly (for this one) via subscribing hence right way to do business will be promoting more people to go subs and one of better way of doing it giving them more content to play with and more virtual toys to play with
    suka likes this.
  11. RadarX Community Manager

As some of you seem to be having trouble stating opinions without personal insults we're going to go ahead and close this one.
    suka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.