GU 100: The Island of Zek (Zone Preview)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raetear Member

What is this?! What are those? Please respond.. because I've started my obsession with crafters and are those trainers to one toon? Ugh.. this is literally driving me insane..
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Those are research assistants. You can have one per toon.
  3. Eufearia Member

Being a new all access member I was all a-giggle about this new zone. But now I've been taken down a peg. My guys are at level 95. To get them up to 100, do I have to buy an expansion?
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reply, flameweaver. I still don't see how keeping this zone open to subscribers only, however, benefits anyone. There are too many of us who pay to play, who play with F2P members, and as this zone will exclude them will limit whom I can play with, which I do not like. I have been a solo'er for years and have advocated quite strongly for more solo content.

I only recently started grouping up with a few friends I've made in the decorating community, which is what it seems the powers that be were always pushing me to do, and with this new content, they have just made half my group obsolete, if I want to play in this new zone. I may as well go back to playing solo again.They need to make up their minds once and for all, which is it that they want us to do? :/
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

To get to lvl 100 you would need at minimum, the AoM expansion, which includes Tranquil and Phantom Sea's.
  6. watcher New Member

Why must everything be members only? Ever since the daybreak take over, everything is all about money and no longer about keeping the players happy. :(
  7. echooo Member

Members-only :(
  8. echooo Member

Sadly true
  9. Netica New Member

Because the people who pay for a membership deserve more than a freeloader does. It isn't rocket science.
    Livejazz likes this.
  10. Klazdaxthun New Member

Paying for content is what pays the bills and keeps the lights on. Scale the pay for amount of content produced. This update should be a $2.50 charge due to it being a rehash of an old zone instead of implementing something new. Ie fabled zones. Ridiculous its same zone so no need to program terrain just need to input upgrade to mob damage and loot table. All this stuff is putting paste on a leaky sinking boat. Nothing new and dynamic to wow anyone (no pun intended). I keep saying it with all these one or two outdoor zones and x amount of dungeons that have "solo" "heroic" "raid" tiers for each isn't much expansion. This is killing the game. Every year its new armour cash to earn just slightly upgraded adornments go to same spot solo then with group then with raid. Bah wasting time talking. Its been rinse and repeat since around moors return of odus continent content. Its not exciting.
  11. Sharann Well-Known Member

Why should it be free? Seriously?
    Livejazz and DoomDrake like this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

New zone content should be 'free' to those willing to purchase the new zones, for the simple fact that many people still play with F2P players and if too many of their friends leave the game, they may decide to quit playing themselves (losing DBG some paying customers). Just because someone is playing for free, does not mean they are not willing to purchase the new zones. Why turn someone away from purchasing new zones, simply because they are not a subscriber? Looks like a lose/lose situation to me from both the company and the player's perspective.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

Why should I..as a subscriber...be forced to pay for new zones in order for f2p players to continue to play for free?
    Kittybock and Spindle like this.
  14. Netica New Member

Oh yes, because the kids who can't afford to pay a membership can definitely afford to buy a game update!
  15. Sharann Well-Known Member

If we all stop paying for anything in this game Norrath will shut down in a couple of months. It's as simple as that.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

You are assuming that all F2P accounts are played by children who have no say in the matter over whether they can subscribe or not. Many F2P accounts are owned and played by people who already subscribe and have multiple accounts...some for their children, some for their own use alongside their subscription account(s), etc. You simply cannot narrow F2P down to just one group of people.
    zimzorz likes this.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

I did not say that all content should be free...just zone content, and only to those willing to pay for the new zone content, just as they must pay for an expansion with new zone content.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't think as a subscriber...we should have to pay for the new zones added between expansions, such as this one coming out. F2P should still be given the option, however, to purchase these zones...just like the campaigns they did a while back (only they tried to charge everyone for them). Giving these zones to subscribers at no additional cost to them would be just another perk for being a subscriber. This way they'd be giving us a reason to remain a subscriber and possibly enticing others to subscribe, yet giving F2P players the option to play the additional content at a cost and generating some income for the new zones from the F2P community to help recoup whatever costs may have been associated in the creation of these new zones. This would be a win/win situation for all involved.
  19. Nkito Well-Known Member

That is a good point, and the big picture is often overlooked. This isn't directed at anyone in particular but it's become somewhat tiresome coming to these forums anymore. It seems a majority of threads spiral down into the same 5-10 negative topics, to be rehashed all over again.

I don't know that locking new zones from ftp is the best idea (only because of friends or family being excluded from grouping) but I do see that basically all other restrictions have already been lifted, people generally have very little motivation TO sub.

This update looks good, I'm glad I have a sub and look forward to Zek.

edit: the suggestion above, offering new content a la carte to ftp is a good one.
  20. Netica New Member

I truly wish I cared.
    Freep detected.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.