GU 100: The Island of Zek (Zone Preview)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raff Well-Known Member

It was a sub only game for many years under SOE. No F2P at all.
    Kittybock, Shauwn and Livejazz like this.
  2. Spindle Well-Known Member

Far easier than one can believe: the group that wants to play for free.
  3. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I'm planning on getting a 1-month time card so I can spend a good amount of time stomping around the new zone. After that time card runs out, I'll go back to being a freeper scrub, happily not caring that subscribers get more than I do.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Incorrect. I have been a subscriber for a long time now, and will continue to subscribe. I, however, understand more about how this sort of 'feature' will affect the game, long term than you or some others seem to realize. As I stated in a previous post...I love this game enough to want to see it continue on, long term, and do not see how a move such as this is beneficial to either DBG or the player community either one. Believe what you will, but a move like this could be the very thing that kills this game.
    zimzorz likes this.
  5. Evilnok Active Member

Actually,no a move like this will NOT kill the game...so if people that are F2P want extra content that us members get well they can just get a time card and join in on the content
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

See, this is the thing....in your opinion this will kill the game. While Daybreak, having access to all the numbers and figures have calculated that their cash flows primarily through subs? Maybe they have decided that the way to go is to increase subs by gating content.

Which is the way it should have been done along...in my opinion.

Also, with the advent of kronos. Any enterprising freep could "earn" enough plat to maintain a sub.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

While I agree that one instance of this event would not kill the game, to trend in this direction will have a long term killing effect on the game and you will find less and less player base to play with. Believe as you will. I, however, will be dropping from this discussion as the only remaining words I would have to say would involve finger pointing and I have no desire to argue my point further (expletives withheld). :D
  8. Shauwn Active Member

Someone in General chat, on HoF, brought it up yesterday that the lore is largely left open regarding these gems that Tserrina has been collecting. No inkling about that in the lore write-up but I'm curious if we'll find out more.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

I pay for my sub that way ,wish, my local gamestop carried the $50 game cards so i could get 3 months instead of 2
  10. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Bah deleted the text of a duplicate post.
  11. Ahupu Well-Known Member

That is my account's trade skill house. Each one of those apprentices represents a single crafter on my account (Not all of them though, the house is published so I can use the housing leader board to pop back and drop off harvests/do my apprentice daily/make whatever I need and then pop back right where I left from adding my other apprentices would clear any votes I have and just in general annoy me so I have to set up a second one soon just for poops and giggles:D ). TS apprentices are funny though, each one belongs to a specific toon, but when doing their daily quest where they ask you to make them an item, the game considers them all to be the same NPC. You can only turn the item in to the one that belongs to the toon you are on but every apprentice in the world will show the book until you do the turn in. Make a toon on Halls Of Fate level them up enough as a crafter to have an apprentice get the daily task, make the item, but don't turn it in and use the leaderboard to come to my house (Ahupu's Apprentice Station) and they will all have books for you too. And as an aside only 20 of them belong to max level crafters....still got a bit of work to do :p.
  12. Ahupu Well-Known Member

LOL I never joke about crafting, but one correction. My avatar here on the forums was chose because it most closely resembled my first toon....but actually a gentleman not a lady. ;)
    Nockturnal likes this.
  13. Chrisworld Active Member

Well I hit 80 on my main guy in the summer of 2009, and he's now like 83... Somewhere in the SF expansion Lmao.

It's a combination of real life, newer games, and about 20 Alts that have kept me from high end content. But maybe it works out, amusingly... Each expansion past EoF lowers my frame rates by 5-10 a piece and I always really favored the old game and expansions anyway. Up through kunark is about as far as I really go in terms of interest. TSO was ok, SF confuses the absolute heck out of me.
    Nockturnal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.