Griffons in TS/nek forest

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Sirvandal, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Sirvandal Active Member

Please place them! The questing takes ages of mindlessly walking towards your destination.
  2. Jaden Well-Known Member

------------

:D Neurons firing off are involved when walking across parts of Norrath...chat with guildies, learn something from reading your class chat, harvest along the way, work out the kinks in your for-funsies-emotes --- don't worry, I've heard the Dragoon guards face severe punishment any time they are caught laughing aloud.
    G.Black likes this.
  3. Sirvandal Active Member

I disco'd every single quest item on the beta that are rewarded from the nek forest timeline which means you probably didn't do it. If you don't know what you are talking about, please don't say anything at all. The missing griffon tamers are SUPPOSED to be there.
  4. Peak Nagafun

The devs decided they're NOT supposed to be there. This is a good thing.
    Ecno likes this.
  5. Sirvandal Active Member

How is that a good thing? Running from griffon tower to griffon tower because they placed them there because back in the day, it was also too far to run back then obviously....
  6. Adjuvant1 Member

"Back in the day" they were not there. We did minor quests to cumulatively erect them.
    Ecno and Rhodris like this.
  7. G.Black Active Member

Should not they have to remove even the towers? Ant twrs are still functional, TS tws are empty, but you can fly in Nek woods from the DLW station to any other there. But no reverse. Looks like it was messed up pretty hard.
  8. Mystfit Well-Known Member

When I started playing around DOF, ANT and CL had griffon towers already and as far as I know they were at launch so having them active in beta is the right thing to do.
    LU16 Nov 9 2005 had the TS and Nek griffon towers being built. So they were not at launch.
    KOS was update 20, just before that we had the spire building event.
    EOF is when druids and wizards got their ports.
    So, for awhile we must trudge. I agree the DLW to Nek thing should go, did you bug it.
    One of my defining early memories was of my good character traveling from Q to F to be with her barbarian husband. I started traveling about an hour before my husband got home from work. Nek was a KILLER back then.
    Jaden likes this.
  9. Sirvandal Active Member

And why were they placed? Because the community didn't like running around for multiple hours to kill a single mob across the map. Why don't they remove Auto-Consume aswell? That wasn't there at launch. And what about quivers???...
  10. Mystfit Well-Known Member

There's little question that the towers were placed for convenience and because people always prefer faster travel. I doubt anyone would argue that they make it *easier* but this is a time locked/ sorta nostalgia server. And as much as is possible, people want things as it was at launch. So, birds gotta go.
    Will everything be as it was...nope. Some things are not doable, some things would take too much time. Etc. etc. So, yeah, you're gonna see some non launch things (like quivers), but many people wanted to get rid of fast travel. As always, feel free to /feedback in game and mention your wishes though. That's what the beta is about.
  11. Baish New Member

I definitely agree that they should be there. I think you should still have to do the quest before accessing them, but they should be there.
  12. flameweaver Well-Known Member

TS/Nek Griffins were introduced in LU16 on Nov 9 2005, a year after EQ2 released.

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g62

So no, not in at release and I wouldn't expect them in Beta. LU16 introduced quests to build the towers, much like the druid rings and spire quests later.

From LU16 patch notes.

*** Reclaiming the Wilderness ***
    • - Griffon tamers have being spotted gathering construction materials in the Thundering Steppes and Nektulos Forest... but they need your help!
    • - The cursed spirits of these untamed lands are rising up to interfere with the efforts of the griffon tamers. Fight back against the undead so the workers can complete their task.
    • - The workers also require assistance gathering resources and building components to aid in their construction efforts. The foreman at each site will let you know how you can help!
    • - There are a number of construction sites in each region. All citizens of Norrath need to work together to complete this monumental undertaking!
    • - This is your chance to make your mark on the world and help reclaim the Shattered Lands!
    I look forward to, on the live TLE Servers, to these quests being re-introduced. ;)
    Ecno likes this.
  13. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Now THAT'S an interesting discussion. Will they run the events as they did originally? I, for example, wasn't around for the virus thing that alchemists had to cure or the unlocking of the froglocks. Could be fun!
    flameweaver likes this.
  14. Ecno Well-Known Member

I am enjoying having them completely gone, but on the off chance to do put them back in... it should be through quests like the originals where we build them etc. It would be a very interesting too with all the PVP it would cause. I would suggest making the quests take much longer to build though... talking a week or two of ingame work in not more. Once its built its built... its going to be there forever, so there is no reason why it shouldnt take a long time to make it feel "earned".

On a side note, this game even with the limited zones we have feels MASSIVE again... truly an amazing feeling. If you are going to bring back griffs/horses lower the speed on them so you can actually chase the player down with a ground mount. Dont make them so fast that it makes the zones feel small again.
    Jaden likes this.
  15. Jaden Well-Known Member

------------------
    Perhaps that community didn't; the majority of returners are seeking nostalgia within reason...and hoofing it for the next 10 expansions would not be reasonable. However, hoofing it for the first one is. My subjective opinion of course.

I still think the reasonable thing to do is to add in 'features' which became available with each specific expansion or during its reign however much that is possible. Please and thank you ^-^.
  16. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Not sure where I stand on the no griffin towers...there wasn't that much of an issue back in the day pvp wise when they were in and tbh some of the best epic pvp battles were centered around the TS griffin in antonica...so saying removing them would increase pvp is bit hollow and weak.
  17. Ecno Well-Known Member

Whats up Daali! Get your **** over and start testing with us... where you been.

Griff towers are still in Ant/CL... not the other zones though. Although ive heard from a few people they have seen people flying around in Nek... havent been able to confirm it. I do have the TS griffon quest, but I got it on day 1 before the quest giver disappeared.
  18. Naroc Active Member

There is still one Griff tamer near the entrance to DLW. It's a one way trip to any tower in the zone. That's why you've seen people flying.
  19. SeaJae Member

It's silly not to include them. Why would you rather run across the zone? It's pointless and a waste of time.
  20. Gninja Developer

We missed the one at the DLW zone line. Sorry about that. It will be removed next update.