Green adornment Refined Consecrated Soul Trap levels much too slow..

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kwikdeath, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Kwikdeath Active Member

Have leveled multiple green adorns, and aside from the core of bleeding thoughts not being able to level at all for my scout (have dev PMs saying they are looking into it--levels on damage inflicted), the refined and prime crafted adorns level amazingly slow.

I have grinded in Skyshrine for an 30 min to get 10% of level one. At that rate it is 5 hours of chain pulling to get from level one to two. Assuming the levels wouldn't get progressively harder that's a min 50 hours of play time pulling non-stop to max a green adorn. If they do get harder then who knows what it would take...

All I know is I can get a character from level 1 to 95/320 faster than I can get this adorn leveled, and that just seems wrong since they'll be replaced when we get more prime drops anyhow.

Thanks for looking at this.
  2. Bolbir Active Member

The green crafted adorns is defently buged somehow, i noticed that they completely stops from leveling a couple of time.

The fastest ones is the "kill ethereal creatures" not as good but still.
  3. Makya Active Member

I looted and put on the green adornment, Will of the Shiverback King, three weeks ago after we killed HM Barrados/Baelon in the Altar raid zone. Since then I've done 12 raids with several of them as MT the rest as primary OT, quite a few (at least 15, probably more) avatar kills (several of them MT'd) and quite a bit of heroic and solo content. In that time my green adorn has gotten to 45% of the first level. Class is bruiser. Just for today's content the green adornment went up a whole 1% and that includes killing 1 avatar (700k incoming damage) and doing a full clear of Harrow's End including Drinal (14.8 million incoming damage zone wide). So assuming I can get about 15% per week and that it doesn't get any harder to level the higher level it is, I should get it maxed out about 1.2 years from now! Hrm :(
  4. Makya Active Member

Neglected to mention that the Will of the Shiverback King green adorn levels based on incoming damage to me. It's cool having an adornment that levels as I'm performing my primary role but the rates need to be adjusted to something a bit more obtainable. I'm not asking for something that could be ground out over an evening like the ethernere kills one was, but a few months to get to level 10 at my current rate of tanking (which is at least 20 hours a week of raid, group and solo) would seem more appropriate than something that would take me into the next expansion to complete.
  5. Luhai Active Member

In my opinion the XP needed for the "Kill ethereal creatures" should be at least doubled. The required XP for those levelling on damage taken and adventure XP should be at least halved or cut into a third. As it stands now there is no reason to take any other than the "ethereal" adornments because they might be mediocre, but since they level so fast they will have way better stats than anything else that takes months or even years to level. The "xp on damage taken" adornments should also be changed to do exactly what they say. The more damage you take the more XP the adornment gets. Currently it only gains XP if you kill a creature that has attacked you at least once during the fight.
  6. anditron3000 New Member

Makya. I was coming here to post a near identical complaint. I have raided and grouped with that Will of the Shiverback King Adorn now for about a week and have 13%!!!???!! I have leveled the other green adorns WITH EASE. There is something seriously wrong with the expectations for the incoming damage. I also am a MT SK and have used this adorn in Faceless, Harrows and Sleeper raids... I am taking a BUNCH of damage.

Any thoughts on this SOE?
  7. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Green adorns level far far too slowly.
  8. Bolbir Active Member

I use the "when healing others" cant remember the name of it, for 3 weaks now and its gained 87% on first level. Lol i mean we talking bilions of hps here o_O
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

I think by design, these are to take months of playing to maximize. I'm not saying maybe some are off, but this shouldn't be something you just get done in a few weeks.
  10. Lavish New Member

Some of them require years of constant playing to level at the moment. I think we can agree that they should at least level before the next expansion is released.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Oh I agree, there are a few that are off, but I think people are expecting to be able to go grind something and see marked progress in a few days, and I don't think that was the metric they were planning for.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

months yes, years no. Though tbh I just ground 30% of a level in Skyshrine on Refined Fortifieds in 30 minuets.
  13. Lethlian Active Member

I don't agree with you on this one. I feel that one should be able to grind and see marked progress. There are way too many players that play at such a casual level or very time controlled minutes or hour(s) per day in this game now. (heck I only log on now most of the time to just raid and thats it) With the current leveling progression of most of these green adorn's many will never even be useful to current players. Especially when these green adornments will eventually be upgraded, traded in for newer/better ones or next GU/expac update of game content addition.

Honestly what's more powerful? A player going from level 92 to 95 or getting an extra 2 pts of cb, pot, and misc 0.7 to 9 of misc stat? (granted ab mod is more, but regardless even its given amounts is insignificant) furthermore consider the revelance of any of this when looking at stat-mudflation in game now.

Being able to max out all green adornments available should not take longer then getting a toon from level 92 to 95. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. Even if you have 3 max'ed out green adornments your only gaining roughly 6 pts of cb/pot with 2.1 to 18pts increase in misc stats on average based on whats most commonly available.

Perfect example of using comparrison of power of bonus recieved vs time to level = The heroic tab is available to all toons and it is greater then any combination of 3 green adornments. It took me less then two hours per toon to get the max benefit out of that AA tab.

So my question to you is then, should my heroic AA tab the take as long as some of these green adornments?

Simply put green adorn's need to level ALLOT FASTER.

Respectfully,
    Lethlian
  14. Koleg Active Member

If SOE wanted to extend something to this degree, which is a huge gap in design, they should have made the XP needed to gain Adventure levels for 93, 94 and 95 the same as they were in 91 & 92. It took longer to get thru 92 than it took to go from 93 to 95. So, in reality I was able to level toons up by grinding for ~120 minutes, but it will take 6 months to level an adornment.
  15. anditron3000 New Member

Okay. I did the math. I went on a raid last night and got 7% of a level on the Will of the Shiverback Green adorn. I took 53,000,000 damage. Which works out to about 7,500,000 damage for each percent. Which of course equals 750,000,000 damage for each level and an astonishing 7,500,000,000 to completely level the adorn to the highest point. Of course it gains exp so slow that its real hard to be precise on what exactly constitutes a percent... all of this is an approximation.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Are you sure its on the amount of damage vs total number of hits landed (unwarded)?
  17. anditron3000 New Member

Those numbers come from the Act parses for the raid zones in the "Damage Taken" column. If the warded amount matters than the adorn is even more broken than I thought.

Also either way, I raided for three hours straight and was dealt almost all of the damage done to the entire raid force and got 7% of a level. Seems very broken in my opinion, seriously ready to just throw one I actually level on there and cut my losses.
  18. slippery Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure for that adorn not a single thing matters to the amount of xp you get except that you get hit once during the fight by the mob. You could take 1 damage or you could take the total damage all players combined have taken since the game launched and it wouldn't matter at all for how much xp you get
  19. anditron3000 New Member

Hmmm. The description says this "This will grow in power as you take damage." Could you elaborate your point of view Slippery? Should I just go start hundreds of encounters with trash in overland zones to level this thing?
  20. slippery Well-Known Member

The only ding you get is when the mob actually dies, and I'm pretty sure all dings on them are equal. I could be wrong, but that is what it seems like.