Good Swashy Races??

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Cypthekiller199, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Cypthekiller199 Guest

I am just wondering what are some good swashy races??
    P.S. I kinda hate being short and fat
  2. ARCHIVED-ribleteto Guest

Barbarians are tall and fat, also Fae are short and skinny. Either of those would avoid being both short and fat.

More seriously most races would be fine for swashy, but some have better character traits. So not worry about starting stats as by level 80, differences of 30 points in a stat only make a small difference in DPS or survivability.

I chose Fae for mine as I liked the character traits. For highest DPS, most will agree with Dark Elf's nice character trait.
  3. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

Fury of Innoruuk ftw.
  4. ARCHIVED-Epictetus Guest

I went with arasai because i love glide and prefer the evil wing designs over hte goody two shoe fae ones.

But to be quite honest i often wish i would have gone Ogre instead. Just for pure visual effect mind you. I want a huge freakin Ogre jumping around with the plume hat and otherwise not so macho looking clothing; fencing with a single little rapier or dagger, making pirouttes etc.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nezumigami Guest

Trolls look best in the hat! That's all that matters
  6. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

It really comes down to personal preference when it comes to what race you want to be. Some races have better character traits that fit being a scout better then others though.

Example: Halflings have a character trait that increases the number of poison procs on all poisons by 25% which is nice. We can also summon pie which is awesome .
  7. ARCHIVED-Mendou Guest

Make a Ratonga brigand and betray. They get the extra runspeed while invis/stealthed. Poison proc racial, etc. And well they're just so darned cute in that little plumed hat.
  8. ARCHIVED-Chaly Guest

Kerra. Who could possibly be more agile than a feline race? More graceful? More likely to play with its prey before the kill?
    Oh, yeah, and the whole "racial abilities" thing is chock full of benefits for a Swash.
  9. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

I second the Kerra. With Claw and the burst of 45% run speed that stacks with most everything, you just can't beat a kerra.
  10. ARCHIVED-tass Guest

Halfling. You get ur crit% ur extra poison useage by 25% a sweet jumjum ward, all the free food you can eat, and couple other things.

Halfling, well what about that.. halfing, but this other class is.. halfling, yet this other class... hey... whats that chainsaw for..... ..... You'll want to be going with the halfling...
  11. ARCHIVED-Rippitt Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Davhanama Guest

Well..halflings are the best as far as I am concerned. Just never..I repeat never put on a gui in mixed company if you are a halfling
  13. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

Bloodfang@Nagafen wrote:
    The racial ability to lick yourself clean with your tongue does not constitute a good swashy ability...
  14. ARCHIVED-surepaw Guest

Kanolth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Hey, when a swashy needs a bath, he needs a bath. A clean swashie is a healthy swashie I always say, and if you have no water near by, well.......

Seriously, kerra make for a great swashy, they do not get the extra poison bonus that halflings get, but they get the 15% extra speed while invisible, claw, that extra run speed is awsome when you need it, and just fun when you don't, and it acts as a extra attack speed as well when in combat.

As Fay, you float, which I guess is OK, if you like that stuff, but a swashy gets safefall, which you really have a hard time building up when you float, so you have to sit on a mount and jump off of something just to build safefall.

As a kerra you get a percentage of damage taken off your fall instead, and you can build up safefall with ease. We get much more racial stuff that is great for a swashy as well.

And the #1 reason to be a kerra, besides being able to lick oneself is, we look freaking awsome in the hat!!! A regular Puss n' Boots
  15. ARCHIVED-Evei Guest

I just made mine off what Race I liked the most at the time >.<................. BIG mistake.....

I went for a Wood Elf Swashy.. being so Pretty much all Racials are really bad.

Now I wish I went for Kerra or Fae.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cmdo Colin Guest

Evei wrote:
    I went Wood Elf Swashie too... Ignore the blurb about Wood Elves being good scouts - they make rangers and wardens - anything else doesn't give you anything racially.

Half Elves ain't bad, but I wish he could be a ratonga now. They get the 25% extra poison, 15% run speed while stealthed. As mentioned Kerra are good - but nothing can top a Dark Elf is you're min-maxing.
  17. ARCHIVED-Winter12345 Guest

Whoa Whoa, what happened to Frogloks??? For swashs a Froglok was even used to represent them in the Eq2 starting videos. Where's our love =)

Frogloks FTW anyways, our plum hat makes us look like true pwners.
  18. ARCHIVED-Belfrain Guest

Dwarf swash makes the best duo/solo swash as well as getting a damage crit bonus as a racial. The dorf gets a defense bonus and health bonuses as racial trait.
  19. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Barbs are tall and fat BUT we get an extra stun and you can always fire up the Illusion Half Elf.
  20. ARCHIVED-Lleren Guest

Mezzmyrelda@Unrest wrote:
    Ratonga > All

Steal the Cheese!!!