Gods of Everquest

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-fierySpirit, May 26, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-fierySpirit Guest

Ok lately I have been hearing quite a bit the gods that left norrath, but now there is this semi god guy coming back. Can someone please fill me in who the differents gods of Everquest were and what they have to do with the storyline and where this semi god guy comes into play. thanks

Doakoma Silverblade

SoN FTW
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

3. ARCHIVED-fierySpirit Guest

Ok so I looked over some of the gods and such and that explained alot but I have also heard mention of something called the sleeper that was the end all of bosses of eq what is he and am I confused???
  4. ARCHIVED-Zhek Guest

The Sleeper is Kerafyrm, the prismatic dragon. While not a god, I suppose he'd have to be very close to it, and while i'm not into KoS yet i saw something about the droag/dragons there following him. I think.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rawq Guest

Yes, in lue of Veeshan's departure (along with the other gods), the droag, as well as many dragons have taken to making Kerafyrm into a deity.

I don't think anyone exactly knows where Kerafyrm is at the moment, and for that we should probably be glad. If we look at how strong Nagafen has become since the shattering, we would shudder to think what Kerafyrm is like these days.

Kerafyrm is also completely insane, a defect of his mixxed blood, that unfortunately is the problem with prismatic dragons. In EQ1 it was forbidden for dragons of opposing alignments to mate, in fear of a prismataic being born. Well, it happened anyways.. the mating of Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen resulted in the birth of Kerafyrm, as well as the subsequent exile of both Vox and Nagafen after they were summarily expelled from the Ring of Scale. Dragon law prohibits a dragon from killing another dragon, and so Kerafyrm was left alive, and upon seeing his terrible power they actually made him the general of their armies if I recall, and he was heralded as a champion of dragonkind.

But that was all fairly short-lived, as Kerafyrm became increasingly violent and unstable. Eventually he became so unstable that they had to take great measures to put him to sleep and seal him away in what was known as the Sleeper's Tomb in EQ1. However, in EQ1 mortals could slay various dragons, and get their talismans, and make their way into the Sleeper's Tomb... and upon killing the warders that guarded the sleeping monster, he would awake, slaughter the raid, and then run around norrath wreaking complete havoc. It was a very exciting thing to see!!! Also, various dragons around Norrath would panic, or shout exultantly upon this event taking place...probably the most memorable moment for me in EQ1. Sure, you couldn't farm the warders anymore, but hey...was worth it for Kerafyrm's rampage!

One server (RZ, wasn't it?) never woke him in Velious, and wound up doing so much later and actually killed him...but if you remember some of the fun with the GM's over that, then you know that he wasn't really supposed to be killed (didn't drop anything once they were allowed to kill him, if I recall). It was a long time ago, and I didn't play on RZ so the exact details of that event elude me, but the gist of it is that the designers didn't really plan on him being killed, as it kind of messes with the plotline.
    Message Edited by Rawq on 05-26-2006 11:37 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-WarSheol Guest

Found another god not listed in many places on this old post.
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/...d=lore&message.id=10799&query.id=27011#M10799
    Not many have heard of Ullkorruuk. She is a relatively new sub deity whose tale might be told in the future. The events behind her ascension to sub deity have much to do with some of the major rumblings in the planar realms. Although, you cannot know all, here is a bit.

"Ullkorruuk Plane of Existence: Plane of Hate
    A.K.A.: The Archtraitor, Lady of Insurrection
    Related Deities: N/A
    Worshipers: Traitors, Vengeful Teir’Dal
    This little known and young deity resides on the Plane of Hate. She is often closely related to treason since most of her followers, what little there are, have dissented from the ranks of some organization or nation in order to strike back at that former organization for some deep-seated reason. She is allied with Innoruuk, the god of hate. Ullkorruuk appears as a female human paladin who has chosen to betray her native plane, the Plane of Love, for reasons as yet unexplained. She was once a member of Erollisi Marr’s elite guard. She betrayed the queen of love and later became a minion of hate. Her real name was abandoned and she took her new name, Ullkorruuk. She wears garb similar to Erollisi Marr, but it has a dark evil undertone."
    Message Edited by WarSheol on 05-26-2006 12:03 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Coniaric Guest

Slight correction ... Nagafen and Vox didn't produce Kerafyrm. It was before their time.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kendricke Guest

Luckily, I still had all of these saved from years now passed. Corrections are welcomed, as I consider this to be a work in progress. Descriptions are intentionally left out at this stage.

[IMG]
    Tarew Marr, Greater God of Water

[IMG]
    E'Ci, Goddess of Solid Elemental Water

[IMG]
    Povar, God of Gaesous Elemental Water
    [IMG]
    Fennin Ro the Tyrant of Fire, God of Elemental Fire
    [IMG]
    Council of The Twelve: TheRathe, Collective God of Elemental Earth
    [IMG]
    Xegony, Goddess of Elemental Air
    [IMG]
    Veeshan, Goddess of the Sky
    [IMG]
    Solusek Ro the Burning Prince, God of Magic
    Son of Fennin Ro
    [IMG]
    Ayonae Ro, Goddess of Arts
    Daughter of Fennin Ro

[IMG]
    Druzzil Ro, Goddess of Magic
    Daughter of Fennin Ro
    [IMG]
    Bertoxxulous, God of Pestilence and Rot
    [IMG]
    Brell Serillis the Duke of Below, God of the Underfoot

[IMG]
    Xev Bristlebane, God of Fortune
    Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane, God of Mischief
    [IMG]
    Erollisi Marr, Goddess of Love
    Daughter of Tarew Marr

[IMG]
    Mithaniel Marr, God of Truth and Valor
    Son of Tarew Marr
    [IMG]
    Cazic Thule the Faceless, God of Fear
    [IMG]
    Terris Thule, Goddess of Nightmares
    Daughter of Cazic Thule
    [IMG]
    Morrell Thule, God of Dreams
    Son of Cazic Thule
    [IMG]
    Prexus the Oceanlord, God of the Seas
    [IMG]
    Saryn, Goddess of Torment
    [IMG]
    Rodcet Nife, God of Compassion and Healing
    [IMG]
    Quellious the Child, Godess of Tranquility
    [IMG]
    Zeboxuruk the Ungod, (believed by many to be the) God of Curiousity
    [IMG]
    Karana, God of Storms
    [IMG]
    Innorruk, God of Hate
    [IMG]
    Luclin, Goddess of Shadow
    [IMG]
    Torvonnilous, God of Greed
    [IMG]
    Council of Six: The Tribunal, Collective God of Justice
    [IMG]
    Tunare, Goddess of Nature
    [IMG]Vazaelle Kaleine, Goddess of Madness
    (Heretic Erudite given Godhood by Cazic Thule)
    [IMG]
    Rallos Zek the Warlord, God of War
    [IMG]
    Tallon Zek, God of Tactics
    Son of Rallos Zek
    [IMG]
    Vallon Zek, God of Strategy
    Son of Rallos Zek

Other Gods and Goddesses of note:
    Ulkorruk: Goddess of Betrayal
    Sullon Zek: Goddess of Rage (formerly Sullon McKlarren, Barbarian given powers by Rallos Zek)
    Rolfron Zek: God of Despair (a Kobold God, given his powers by Rallos Zek)
    The Nameless: The God of Gods
  9. ARCHIVED-Rawq Guest

Hrmm... quite possible, but do you have dates or somesuch that lends to this? I'll confess that my memory of the timeline of events is muddled, but considering Nagafen exists in-game as a higher level NPC than even Lord Vyemm, who previously resided within the Temple of Veeshan, I assumed that Nagafen was pretty old in comparison. Given that neither Vox nor Nagafen were high lvl in comparison to other dragons in EQ1... but one could attribute their weekness to their exile from the Ring of Scale...for all we know being in the Ring of Scale means more than being a member of a particular faction.

Also, when Kerafyrm was freed, Vox was pretty excited about the whole thing... as was Nagafen if I remember. Most of the dragons dreaded it and began crying out in fear, but those two were exuberant. I don't think the lore involving Kerafyrm ever specifically stated that Nagafen and Vox were his parents, but gave clues in that regard... I believe the lore did specify that it was a red (fire) and white (ice) dragon that mated and sired him, and that they were removed from the Ring of Scale and forced to live in exile... and coincidentally there were two dragons living in exile, Vox, and Nagafen... and in EQ2 those NPC's themselves confirm that they are mates.

Message Edited by Rawq on 05-26-2006 01:38 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Xita Guest

I dont have the exact information you are looking for but Vox and Naggy were intending to mate, hence the exile. Kerafym's father i think is known, his mother I don't think we have a name for.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rawq Guest

Oh wait... I think i remember something about Dozekar being the father, but I can't recall where that information comes from, or if that's even accurate.
  12. ARCHIVED-WarSheol Guest

Just for reference I think Dozekor was a named dragon in a room off of Halls of Testing in Temple of Veeshan, I havent personaly heard of any info of him being linked to the sleeper.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kendricke Guest

Jump in the wayback machine to this post if you want more discussion on Kerafrym.
  14. ARCHIVED-fierySpirit Guest

wow thanks Kendricke that helped show me all the gods :) can't wait to see these guys come back into the game.
    Doakoma Silverblade
  15. ARCHIVED-Nocturnal Abyss Guest

I'm surprised it's taken so long for someone to post this list. I'd like to add that I am making something of an essay of on these deities, and, starting from the top, and working my way down, have made it to writing on Luclin, thus my post inquiring on Tallon Zek and the orcs. At the end of the list is also gods that have not been mentioned (to the best of my knowledge) before EQ2. And with no further adieu:
    The Elemental Gods
    The Rathe — The Council
    Fennin Ro — The Tyrant of Fire
    Xegony — The Queen of Air
    The Triumvirate of Water:
    E'Ci — The Wintry Guardian
    Povar — The Veiled One
    Tarew Marr — The Fathom Lord

The Balanced Gods
    Bertoxxulous — The Plaguebringer
    Brell Serilis — Duke of Below
    Cazic-Thule — The Faceless
    Druzzil Ro — The Matron of Art
    Erollisi Marr — The Queen of Love
    Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane — The King of Thieves
    Innoruuk — The Prince of Hate
    Karana — The Rainkeeper
    Mithaniel Marr — The Lightbringer
    Prexus — The Oceanlord
    Quellious — The Tranquil
    Rallos Zek — The Warlord
    Rodcet Nife — The Prime Healer
    Solusek Ro — The Burning Prince
    The Tribunal — The Six Hammers & the Seventh Hammer
    Tunare — Mother of All
    Veeshan — The Wurmqueen

The Lesser Gods
    Ayonae Ro — The Maestra
    Luclin — The Maiden of Shadows
    Morrell-Thule — The Lord of Dreams
    Tallen Zek — The Beholder of Battle
    Terris-Thule — The Dream-Scorcher
    Tholuxe Paells — The God of Lust
    Torvonnilous — The Lord of Greed
    Vallon Zek — The Governor of War
    Xev Bristlebane — The Prince of Fortune

The Demi-Gods
    Lanys T'Vyl — The Daughter of Hate
    Ralfron Zek — The Forlorn
    Saryrn — The Mistress of Torment
    Sullon Zek — The Vengeful
    Vazaelle Kaleine — The Mad
    Zebuxoruk — The Forsaken

Spirit Deities
    Drinal — The Silver Reaper
    Ehayae — Matron of the Dawn
    Sahteb Mahini — The Feral Spirit

EQ2 deities
    Byzola --Twin of Torment
    Dymetreax -- Twin of Torment
    Ulkoruuk (Deceit/betrayal)
    Anashti Sul -- Goddess of Oblivion

Message Edited by Nocturnal Abyss on 05-30-2006 04:09 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

EQ2 deities
    Byzola (fear or terror)
    Dymetra (fear or terror)
    Estle (Bristlebane?)

Never heard of them. Where'd you hear about them?
  17. ARCHIVED-Nocturnal Abyss Guest

I'm not surprised that you haven't heard of Byzola or Dymetra, not many would know much more than their names. I'm surprised you haven't heard of Estle, though I suppose it's been a while since you would have heard it. The first time I heard of her is with my little gnome warlock, Cannik. A gnome in the Baubleshire, Mirf Guinders, asks you to go to the Down Below and seek out the Shrine of Estle. Not hard to find, in fact, I think you get exploration experience when you find it. I think he calles her Estle Bristlebane or Serlis, when you go back to tell her you found it.
    Byzola and Dymetra were a LOT harder to find. You have to work on a lot of quests, starting with the old Fallen Gate Access quest that starts in North Freeport. He asks you to go talk to Tundis Noxyl(sp) outside of Fallen Gate. When you go back later, you can talk to Tundis, who asks you to do some research for him. You find a some documents which you take to a dark elf in Nektulos who wanders around near the Spires there. He sends you on a quest to obtain some priestly journals. These you get from I believe the priest of Dymetra, but it could be the priest of Byzola, one of which is the rarer spawn in the newly repopulated Fallen Gate, you can still go there and see some thralls of Byzola. When you return to the Teir'Dal in Nektulos, he tells you a very little bit, i.e. that they are gods of fear and hate, or something like that. I think the weapons you get as a reward are fairly decent, but it takes so long to complete the series, it's hardly worth the effort. I think that these are also possibly the gods for the Lost Religion of Fallen Gate quest, but there's no other evidnece then that both are in Fallen Gate.
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah I remember doing all that stuff. I figured they were just locations and important people who used to exist. Gods? yeah right.
  19. ARCHIVED-Nocturnal Abyss Guest

*shrugs* Byzola and Dymetra had priests and followers, and Estle has at least one follower, not to mention a shrine to her. Not all of Norrath's gods came at Norrath's creation, is it any wonder that more would continue to come? I'm not going to write any of them off until a Dev tells me otherwise. Estle, Byzola and Dymetra are just as possible as Ulkoruuk. Estle at least has ONE live follower, which is more than the other three can say.
  20. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

Yep, it's probably the biggest misconception in EQ history... but Nagafen and Vox are not the parents of Kerafyrm. It was Dozekar and a female dragon who I don't know the name of... and I'm not sure if her name was ever mentioned. I had to explain that one to a few guildies when a KoS/Kerafyrm discussion came up in the middle of a Deathtoll raid :smileyvery-happy:

In the Deception line of quests, you find out that, since the time the Shattering occurred, Vox and Nagafen were both able to escape from their prisons and "seal the deal" so to speak. So, Nagafen is now in possession of quite a few prismatic eggs. Also, in KoS, Nagafen wants Kerafyrm's plot to take over Norrath stopped.... possibly because he wants to conquer Norrath for himself when his prismatic children are born, but that's just personal speculation. I think the reason Nagafen and Vox were so jubilant over Kerafyrm's escape and rampage in EQLive was because they felt a slight bit of revenge towards the RoS for being locked up for so long because of their attempt to go against the Laws of the Dragons.

I think Dozekar was in EQLive... he was a dragon in the Temple of Veeshan. His ghost would pop in there and be tortured then killed, over and over... such was his eternal punishment for breaking Veeshan's Laws and creating a prismatic dragon.