Gating content through crit chance

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-1rocketjones, Aug 27, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

1rocketjones wrote:
    imho that change would only result in that adorn to be 'required' in every slot, which results in less player choice.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    Personally I think that is just people being elitist snobs. There is no need to have that much crit chance for the regular group zones. Raids, of course yes I can agree with those standards, but not regular heroic content.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    Thank you. Exactly this ^^
  4. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

Hi guis. Critical chance is the problem. Reread the thread topic.
    Back on track. Less than 5% of guilds are clearing content over a year old. Don't be scared, it's just crit chance.
  5. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

1rocketjones wrote:
    Critical Chance is not a problem. There is no unreasonable difficulty involved in obtaining relevant critical chance requirements, even for Plane of War content. As I detailed in a prior post, I have cleared over 500 crit chance on a random alt, and obtained mid/high 400's on several others.

Asking for Critical Chance adornments to be available for every slot is not only uneccessary, it will encourage the devs to release future content, where having critical chance in every single white adornment slot is required. This is not something I want to see encouraged. Thus, your idea is not a good one.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

1rocketjones wrote:
    There are quite a few reasons why people aren't really clearing that content (I heard maybe a month ago a guild got the last mob down for the first time ever?), but it's not just crit chance. If crit chance was a magic bullet, then everyone who has HM gear and a few adorns would be steamrolling POW. I'd encourage you to read Slippery's well summarized thread, if that's indeed what you're trying to get at with this one: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521365
  7. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

I understand how some see critical chance as easy to aquire as the current requirements for HM are 400+ and a plethora of ways of obtaining critical chance are in place ie. red/yellow adornments, white adornments for cloak/forearms/legs/ranged/primary/offhand.
    As we all saw when devs allowed red/yellow critical bonus adornments to be allowed in any slot mob's in fact recieved a nerf to their critical bonus buff packages.
    Where is all the fear of critical chance getting jacked up coming from?
    @Avirodar I raid 6 days/week with 2 raid guilds and do pug raids or run as a filler on off times and fridays solely to farm blue shards. The fact still stands there is no imbalance through critical chance adornments opening for every slot. I can go back and forth with you about this to norath's end. If you are running 500+ critical chance you are wasting slots that could be used to maximize your character's potential. You are in fact bad at setting up your own characters.
    In SF the critical chance requirement was 100%. At the beginning of DoV it bumped up to what was it in HM Kael, 240%? Then PoW is now at 400%, as long as you run bards and a critical banner lol. There is a trend building here weather you see or agree with me.
    I am trying to maximize my available characters for the guilds with whom I raid.
  8. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

Lizabethan wrote:
    I have read Slippery's insightful post and I agree whole heartedly.
    I think you may be trying to disavow my intent with this thread but, in fact you are reinforcing my sentiment.
    Gating content through critical chance, I want more options.