Gating content through crit chance

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-1rocketjones, Aug 27, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

Make critical chance adornments equipable in any slot.
    My alts thank you in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

1rocketjones wrote:
    It does seem like very little else matters.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    Aren't the yellow and red CC adorns already set to any slot?
  4. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    I'm guessing they're asking for the white ones to be the same...
  5. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    Thats silly, if we do that, they'll just increase the CC avoidance on mobs.
  6. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

We are back to you need the gear from the zone to do the zone.
    People on Guk, no idea on other servers, want over 300cc and 40k hit points to be invited to groups
    And most of the WL gear doesn't have red or yellow adorn slots on it, so that doesn't help.
    Honestly if people won't take you over cc, they are just using it as an excuse, if you get the cc they will select some other unrealistic grouping stat.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    No, we are not.
    You can do all of SS EM using nothing but DoV 1.0 EM gear. You can do Drunder HM using SS EM gear (easier than those that did it before SS released).
    If anything they only place you have any trouble is PoW, where the crit chance requirements are much higher and if you gear in HM Drunder today you have less CC than prior to the re-itemization. But even then it can be overcome.
    The arguement you are using is used by defeatest players who want to justify why they have trouble getting things done, however the arguement holds no water.
  8. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

A long time ago I played a game called EQ2 where you could get a group based upon your name alone. Somewhere along the years it turned into a stat/class check and the population dropped.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Pauly@Befallen wrote:
    Given half the heroic content in this guspansion is easily duoable, I'm not sure where you are going with that.
    *edit*
    Actually, in hindsight I do see a set of zones where this is sorta true. The challenge mode dungeons, many of the encounters are scaled to a point that pugs aren't killing them unless they have gear that far surpasses the zone. So yes, in those challenge zones, it is common that the only groups killing them don't actually need the rewards from them. But in reality these heroic challenge mode dungeons are largely overlooked by the playerbase in general.
  10. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

Hi. This thread is not about "gear""red or yellow" slots but, white slots. My alts I would like to use in raid when my raid needs an alt. I have the gear to survive and be of an asset to raid in every aspect except crit chance. Only because no raid is selling a scout cloak or (any class) charms or weapons, etc.
    I am asking for the use of WHITE critical chance* adornments to be able to adorn any slot of gear because you EQ2 have told me I can't hit a mob without a certain critical chance.
    Stay on topic.
    Thanks.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

1rocketjones wrote:
    We understood the topic, and its a horribly bad idea.
    Now if you've got the armor drops, just drop the yellow and red CC adorns on them till you can earn the raid droped cc slots, or bother yourself to turn in dozekar heads for the same pieces, or do some of the other content available to you other than buying raid loot for your alt.
    I've got alts I raid with as well, and deal with this CC barrier, but somehow I've had no trouble getting the CC requirements utilizing the yellow and reds for it. sure the toon isn't as effective cause its undergeared, but thats sorta expected (not having the gear and all).
  12. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

Hrm. So you are saying to use red adornments and yellow adornments. GOTCHA.
    Now about those white adornments.
  13. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

When I first started raiding Skyshrine EM content, I did have to use a bunch of my adorn slots for crit chance. But it doesn't take long before you have gear with enough crit chance to go for other options. My CC is up over 450% self-buffed on my conjy, and more in-raid.
    If your raid as a whole needs more CC, have you tried using a CC flag in the zone?
    I have had no trouble hitting things in any of the Skyshrine instances on my pally, who has about -- I dunno -- maybe 138% CC. Would I hit MORE if I had more CC? Sure. But it's not a show-stopper, I can still hold aggro.
    If you think crit chance is the end all and be all of stats, I'd suggest reconsidering how you play your class. Check the class forums here and on Flames and look for data about AA and spell cast order (seriously, the order in which you cast spells can make a HUGE difference in DPS).
    The stat I'm working on for my conjy is Ability Modifier, because the cap is half of your base spell damage. And Elemental blast does more than 20K, several times, so if I could, 10K Ability Mod wouldn't be too much. For others, potency or crit bonus may help more. It all depends on how you play, what your geared in, and what buffs you get from your group/raid.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

1rocketjones wrote:
    As stated, opening up all slots to white CC will only result in mobs receiving a higher crit avoidance level. The levels are set where they are so that you can't skip too much content moving up.
  15. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    @Ulrich, So mobs recieved more CB with CB adorns opening to all red/yellow slots? NOPE. Didn't happen. As I previously stated, I have noted your opinion. Please refrain from derailing my thread unless you have something constructive to add.
    @Sig, I raid in a ww top 10 guild. I am alotted the opportunity to bring my ranger in on trash clearing of pow and a warden i bring in on some SS HM encounters.
    Critical adornments in every slot cannot overpower any class from whatever angle you look at it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

1rocketjones wrote:

I got my second string alt coercer to clear 500 crit chance, with almost no effort. I actually went back and removed some crit chance adornments, because 500 is too much. I cleared 460 crit chance on my alt brigand, with very little effort. I do not have a single red/yellow CC adornment on my defiler, who is at 430 CC standing solo.

It is easy to get Critical Chance. People who have "problems" with crit chance, are just scraping for excuses, looking to blame anything but themselves for not suitably gearing their own characters. Crit Mit was the scapegoat before. Now it is crit Chance. And I see some of the same people complaining.

If Crit Chance was removed, or made completely trivial (zero effort) to achieve, the same people would still be here, complaining, because their undergeared, poorly constructed toons are not being welcomed with open arms, any time they "LFG".

Crit chance is not the problem.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

1rocketjones wrote:
    Just getting charms, cloaks and weapons from the instances would more then make up the crit chance you're looking for. No need for extra slots for crit chance adorns, just run some of the easy group instances to get the gear you need.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

1rocketjones
    So what you're actually wanting is to take alts that are undergeared into HM content and due to lack of that gear, you want the adornments to make up for it
  19. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    Hi. Crit chance is my problem which I am asking to be addressed by adding critical chance adornments to every white slot.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Kuulei wrote:
    Yes, that is exactly what he is asking for, and why I said its a dumb idea.
    He can get his ranger high enough CC without white adorns, he just has to give up some things he doesn't want to and/or doesn't want to put a marginal amount of effort into the task.
    There are plenty of us with alts over 450cc who are way undergeared otherwise, yet can do it with the current system. Adding more accessability to CC will only force them to increase the CC avoidance packages. The entire point is to max your toon and still crit on PoW mobs, you need to have atleast mid-tier gear. There is nothing wrong here, and no reason to make a change.