Game Crash

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by msheaf1, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Madrac New Member

Just to be fair, bigger games have launch problems all the times too. If the expansion is good enough I don't care that it had a bit rougher start.
    Siren likes this.
  2. dorotea Well-Known Member

Could be worse - crashes where they don't know what is happening, Here they took it down themselves.

Sometimes patch days after an expansion go reasonably well though almost always with a fix the next day. Sometimes it is unplayable for days. This is general MMO experience not just EQ2. So I am not shocked just mildly disappointed. And yes the announcement was here on the forums too and I thank them for that.
    Siren likes this.
  3. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Ditto all of the above. As for them posting on the forums, good luck with that. Well never say never. They did post that they took it down but nothing was shown in game.

We will just have to wait and keep trying.
  4. Celan Active Member

There is a post in the announcements............
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

I wonder why they chose that name, just for kicks, I mean...they might have known it was too easy to make fun. Still addicted though.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It's just so unusual for emergency downtime in the first hour of the xpac.......
    Tkia likes this.
  8. Eryyn Member

K, saw the post that they are down. Sorry, I missed it.
  9. Grandavi Active Member

There was just an issue with collections not being shown and their usage not being correctly identified. (database)

Guessing there will be a bit of a rollback to prevent problems... hopefully it's not right to the beginning of the day.. lol
  10. Greyhawk4x4 New Member

Agreed.

I have never played an MMO that didn't have unstable servers for at least a full day following a expac launch. I have learned to just catch up on my Steam backlog for a day or two until things stabilize.
    Siren likes this.
  11. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Noooo.... I am working to get the rares I need stacked up so I can get all my tradeskillers leveled. up.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  12. Celestia Well-Known Member

Right? sigh*
  13. dorotea Well-Known Member

If they take the servers down each time an issue is found rather than doing the usual and waiting to patch a bunch of issues the next day this could be a long evening, But maybe this issue was causing serious irreversible problems that couldn't wait and I am always happy with an active team working to fix things fast. Too often in MMOs I have had the opposite - it is a *lot* worse.
    Siren and tasnee like this.
  14. Celestia Well-Known Member

True. At least it happened right after launch and not like later tonight. LOL
  15. DENSER Well-Known Member

Resuming of that awesome post :

Pixistik likes this.
  16. Kenn Well-Known Member

That was literally the longest 2:53 of my life.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  17. DENSER Well-Known Member

At least you've discovered one of the craziest French singers. With a song that fits a lot of situations
  18. dorotea Well-Known Member

Could be a while - they are making progress and bringing the servers back (locked) to continue the investigation. Progress is nice and I appreciate them communicating where we are. Investigation is a word that implies there are still things they don't know which necessarily implies the fix schedule is neither known nor knowable until they investigate.
    Siren likes this.
  19. Celestia Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Siren likes this.
  20. Beena Member

I just found this in the News and Announcements--
    Steady progress is being made on investigating and correcting the issue. Still no ETA to give, but as servers come back online while remaining locked so the investigation can continue, this will hopefully lead to more information I can share. We genuinely appreciate your patience!