Fury vs. Warden

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Cypthekiller199, Sep 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

I can only speak to the Warden side of it - never pvp'd on a Fury, but can (I think..) kind of tell you the pros and cons.
    Back when the pvp servers opened, I rolled a Warden cause that's what I'd always played - and it was my favorite class. Everyone ELSE rolled a Fury (that rolled a healer) thinking (again, I think)...that a DPS'er that could heal, would be pretty awesome in PvP. I used to get 'hm..poor thing, she rolled a Warden.." looks and snickers behind hands, etc.
    Then a couple of skilled players who knew the class took our Roots, Protector of the Forest (self mit buff), fast casting heals, and run speed (before SoW could be enhanced with AAs, too), and went out and started pwning people. All of the sudden, Warden became FoTM in PvP - and lots of people rolled one. I'm not sure I'd betray to Warden if your Fury is set up well, but if it doesn't matter (ie, low enough level that spells and gear aren't an issue) you might give it a try to see. I was always delighted with Warden in pvp (mine's a level 70 Dreadnaught...stopped pvping awhile ago) - but liked Defiler too.
    Fury has really nice burst damage, and very decent heals. Their 'clutch' heals are pretty nice too. That said, I still wouldn't betray to one on a pvp server. Warden has a lot of really nice ability solo for surviving, and in a group heals well. Wardens get 2 Death Intervention spells...with AA, they can be enhanced so that each spell has 2 triggers (that's 4 triggers of death intervention). Used wisely and well, not only does that make a Warden really surviveable, but you get the added benefit of completely pising off your opponent because just when they think they have killed you - there you are. :) (that's my favorite)
    Templar and Inquis are also awesome in pvp - just leveling one takes more patience than I have. I did have a guild mate that rolled an Inquisitor after leveling an Assassin to endgame (when it was 70) and said he liked Inquis even better for PvP.
  2. ARCHIVED-Earar Guest

calcdivs wrote:
    all the wardens in my guild (3 = 2 main and an alt) can solo heal RE2, just like templar with no problem.
    when it comes to healing, warden have no problem whatsoever. and since they don't have mana issues, they can easily spam heals when some others might be carefull.
    wardens may not be the most wanted healers in raid, but they are a gift in group situation.
    my warden is now 59, and I have no problem healing a weak paladin when duoing yellow heroic content.
  3. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

A fury that specs for healing will heal just as well as warden, most spec for dps only though. That gives the fury a bad reputation when it comes to healing.
    In the end game, melee spec should give a warden (along with the gear which is pretty much NOT availble in fabled at least) close to the same dps as a fury who is dps specced. Thats not the case though currently.
    Fury's defensive buffs are on par with a wardens defensive buffs just different.
    A warden has no decent group buffs like the fury's int buff. Neither druid has good MT buffs.
    Edit: All the other healers including furys direct heals are all direct heals so they do not cancel each other out. Two wardens both casting their heals and the second one to land will cancel the half of the first wardens DH which is why min/mox raids only take one usually. That is one of the reasons you dont have 2 wardens in a min/max raid.
    Wardens dircet heals are half hots so only hit half initially, which means there is more room for the next hit to kill the tank/person who is getting hit while the fury has a better chance of preventing death from the next hit.
    Wardens are more mana efficient then fury's generally and once a warden gets the fabled epic and some decent heal crit gear, wardens do not have to worry about power as much as long as someone needs healed. If the target/s of the heal are at full health, it does not matter if you crit or not, no power is proc'ed from my own observations soloing and using it to regen power while a tough mob was rooted. I have to get hit or use manastone and cast my lowest level dh's order to regen power. At full health no power was regened no matter how many heals i cast.
    Soloing, its a toss up, with the higher dps a fury can kill root/nuke style a lot faster on higher lvl mobs then a warden can. Wardens self mit buff means we can probably take one more hit then they can though if the mob breaks free. with roots as backup, the warden can take on more no up arrrow mobs then a fury can. The fabled epic does not help a melee warden as much since we are probably wearing brawler gear since most druid gear has int and is aimed at the fury's and the small percentage of nuking wardens.
    RE2, I have solo healed it with mostly raid geared group. I have attempted with a non raid geared guild tank and failed miserably. He wasnt geared well at the time. I have just not done it that much though but it definitely can be done. Edit: Just not as easily as the other 5 healers. lol.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

calcdivs wrote:
    I have been completely thru RE2 twice with a warden solo healing my bruiser.
    Nobody in the group had their myths or much raid gear to speak of either.
    And bruisers are by far the squishiest of the tank classes.
    Skill > everything.
  5. ARCHIVED-kxizm Guest

avoidance > skill > everything

i wish theyd give wardens avoidance
  6. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    Squishy if actually hit, yes. But as most raid tanks will tell you. Avoidance >mit. Thats why even though a templers heal numbers will not equal a defilers, they are considered a must have for the MT group in a raid due to shield ally and the damage they prevent through uncontested avoidance.