Fury vs all other healers.

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Orthureon, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-PrometheusAfire Guest

Orthureon wrote:
    At most it takes 2 casts of Alleviation to green my group, especially when it crits, but I don't entirely disagree with you guys about Malevolent Diatribe. It does get eaten up pretty fast at 92, and at best it buys you some time for a cure, and a casting of Alleviation. I would like to see it buffed a bit, but it isn't gamebreaking to me. I have no idea what kind of gear you are in, but my Inquis is in some Fabled/Legendary SS gear, with 4 pieces of T2 pvp gear, 2 of which are toughness, not lethality. I'll run a few BGs on my Inquis and post SS's of the results shortly. I generally keep up with the other healers in HPS, usually outcure everyone, and deal 200 or 300k damage, depending on how tough the fights are. The last time I looked at the ACT breakdown, 36% of my heals came from Alleviation, and about 23% came from Malevolent Diatribe. I'm looking at the log of my last BG on that toon, and I was #2 on the heal parse (outhealed by a Defiler), outhealing 3 other inquisitors, and dished out 205k damage, out dps'ing every other healer by at least 3 fold (there was a single fury in the match). I do agree that nerfing cures in pvp was a bad move for SoE, but Inquisitors are still outcuring everyone else, and will continue to do so.
    An ACT comparison between me (inquisitor, Eldurok) and the Fury (Allnite) in that match, which was Battlefield of Ganak is as follows:
    Eldurok: HPS-3,838.21; DPS-512.25; Power Drain- 11,471; Critical-46%
    Allnite: HPS-1,803.74; DPS-113.37; Power Drain- 0; Critical-44%
    Both of us logged about 6.5 minutes of combat in that match.
    I'm not exactly sure how to take SS's of ACT, but I would be more than happy to do so if someone tells me how. I outclassed him/her in every area, which further proves my point that the player is ultimitely responsible, not the class. The above screenshots of the match results posted by Hamma, are of a lvl 80 Fury in TSO gear, so he/she would be a good representative of what a 92 Fury in full T3 pvp gear could look like, but if you will notice, he/she posted wildly varying results; sometimes did LOTS of dmg and heals, sometimes not. It just depends on who you are up against, as is the case with any battle.

All in all, if they cut Fury spell damage by 10%, it wouldn't hurt my feelings, but I still maintain that they need to be able to dish it out when necessary/able to do so.
  2. ARCHIVED-PrometheusAfire Guest

This was a VERY tough match in Ganak agaisnt a well geared team, and we got stomped very thoroughly. But here are the results: notice how the Defiler outhealed and outdps'd both of the furies in this match. I still got top heals (Eldurok)
    [IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  3. ARCHIVED-inspire1444568 Guest

PrometheusAfire wrote:
    PrometheusAfire wrote:
  4. ARCHIVED-inspire1444568 Guest

It may be better ... Inq. and fury against other healers ?)))
  5. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

inspire1444568 wrote:
  6. ARCHIVED-inspire1444568 Guest

You prove that Inq. have mediocre group buffs? This is really stupid
    The fact that 99.9% of healers is Inq. This is not just! Why groups are looking Inq. to increase DPS?
    Inq. cure is a cheat \Steadfast is a cheat ... if not in PvP, in PvE encounters exactly
    AND you have Mystic... Does he have a lot to really good group buffs ?))) Or maybe fury? Or templ ? Or anyone else?

Lulz))) I see a man... who... plays a mystic and Inq. and does not see the benefits of the latest..
  7. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

You prove that Inq. have mediocre group buffs? This is really stupid
    - What??? Yes as far as groupwide buffs that consume concentration they are nothing special.
    The fact that 99.9% of healers is Inq. This is not just! Why groups are looking Inq. to increase DPS?
    - Because in PVE they can do good damage and heal well yes, I doubt 99.9% of people made their Inquisitor to exclusively PVP, or PVP the majority of the time. PVE I have no complaints... So I ask that next time you read and comprehend before replying.
    Inq. cure is a cheat \Steadfast is a cheat ... if not in PvP, in PvE encounters exactly
    - Inquisitor cure in PVE is amazing yes, but nothing that great in PVP. Steadfast is awesome in both, however, most people know enough to force the Inquisitor or Templar to move from their spot, thus forcing interrupts, IE Fear, Knockback, Knockup, Hook Shot.
    AND you have Mystic... Does he have a lot to really good group buffs ?))) Or maybe fury? Or templ ? Or anyone else?
    - I never said I have a Mystic... I was applying a broad analysis of ALL MELEE oriented Battle Priests, not spell based damage priests, such as Furies.

Lulz))) I see a man... who... plays a mystic and Inq. and does not see the benefits of the latest..
    - I only play the Inquisitor... and I see only decent healing in PVP. Not good damage AND healing in PVP, which the Fury can put out.
  8. ARCHIVED-PrometheusAfire Guest

[IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I took a look at your toon via EQ2U, and after looking at your gear and can confidently say that you are waaaaay undergeared for BGs on your Inquis. Right there is problem #1, and the main reason you feel subpar on inquis. #2 is your AA spec (which isn't a whole lot different than mine)...you have left out a few essentials, specifically in your shadows tree, that you MUST have if you want to heal well. Create some lowbies to farm tokens with and gear up some, and you will notice a huge difference in how effective you can be both in the healing and damage area.
  9. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

I was never complaining about my healing, even with my gear lacking, hitting 3-4 million often in matches is normal for me, and I wasn't even talking about MY OWN Inquisitor. I was comparing other Inquisitors to Furies I have seen.
    As far as AA spec, even though it is not relevant because I was never talking about my own Inquis. I am not specced purely for healing, since on my inquis I mainly solo. I thank you for the advice, but I am more than capable of speccing my own character to maximize effectiveness for any situation.
  10. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

PrometheusAfire wrote:
    I have 3 92s, 2 90s and several other alts... three of which are listed at the bottom of each post I make. I am not worried about gearing up.
  11. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Not taking individual players skill and the gear of their classes into account the reality is CB (which is the bread and butter of mystics and inquis damage) was overnerfed and potency which is the main source of a furys damage was nerfed to a extremely lesser extent...side note on reactives agreed even in full pvp gear they are still extremely underpowered for pvp and still have the same pve limitations placed upon them.
    But as I said not all players and their varried classes of healers are equal I've seen furies mop the floor on total heals/damage and seen them be well behind other healer classes same thing for shamans and clerics...pvp still isnt fixed properly and doubt it ever will be again.
  12. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

Daalilama@Nagafen wrote:
    I think you may have just made the best point. Potency favors classes with higher top end spells/cas to begin with. Then to top it off the return on CB is about 1-10 ratio, until around 160CB then drops off into oblivion. Also, with the nerf to multiattack and flurry.