Fury vs all other healers.

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Orthureon, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

So I am not sure what is going on but I see many Furies putting up A LOT of DPS as well as topping the heal parse... So how is that balanced say vs their offensive counterparts, both the Mystic and Inquisitor???
    My Inquisitor doesn't have the greatest gear, but all of my combat arts and most of my damage reactives don't seem to do much in PVP. There just seems to be a huge disparity between the Fury vs every other healer. And I am not saying nerf the Fury (well perhaps a tad bit on DPS for PVP), just tweak the other healers.
    Broken spell damage mechanics hugely favor them, and I feel that is not balanced.
    /soapbox
  2. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Cheer up you could be playing a templar with broken mechanics
  3. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

Daalilama@Nagafen wrote:
    Yeah SOE needs to address quite a few issues to be sure. But that does not negate my point. It just adds to the list of things they have broken.
  4. ARCHIVED-PrometheusAfire Guest

Furies:
    #1. Furies have no useful debuffs, and their group buffs are meh, save for the int and power. They do have a useful temp or two however (Feast is ok, and Pact of the Cheetah is good).
    #2. They wear leather armor, and are very easy to interrupt.
    #3. Power is a pretty big issue with furies, especially since some of their best abilities eat it like a fat kid on a candy bar. It is very difficult to pump out dps, and top the heal parse and still have power left over for the next fight, unless you have a concious chanter or troub in your group.
    #4. Limited cures with long repop. The cures they do have also chew up lots of power.
    I don't have a Mystic, but I do have an Inquis, so I'll give you a comparison.
    Inquis:
    #1. Has great debuffs, group buffs are great (Fanaticism is fantastic, as well as Tenacity), and provide more benefits to the group as a whole. Good temps (Inquisition, Reactive Counters, Divine Guidance, etc.)
    #2. Wear plate armor and if you spec for Steadfast (you would be crazy not to!) you don't get interrupted nearly as easily as any other healer.
    #3. Has far better power management than Furies due to Inquest, which is a proc that you can put on yourself or a groupmate that drains power from enemies and gives it to you. If you put a point into the focus effect it procs a LOT (again another one you'd be crazy if you didn't spec for it).
    #4. Best cures of all healers (one of which can be cast while running) with short repops, and they use very little power.

So there are some points for Fury vs. Inquis. It is well known that either druid is a good choice for pvp, but with a Fury you have to pick and choose the right times to dish out damage vs. straight up healing. Inquisitors are a perfect middle ground between the two.
  5. ARCHIVED-Chorboy01 Guest

To be quite honest the only time i top the parse on my fury is in HUGE aoe fights, and that is because all i have to do is just troll around and smash my head on the keyboard at level 80. However all it takes is just a level 30 beastlord to run up and primal me for 8k and have another person hitting me to die so... i mean us vs. All the other healers i believe its balanced.
    -Jammleee
  6. ARCHIVED-PrometheusAfire Guest

Agreed Hamma. For all of the dps a Fury can pump out, there are also a lot of other luxuries they don't have that other healers do.
  7. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

You can talk down their status all you want. But the proof is there in parses etc.
    When is the last time you seen an Inquisitor or heck any other healer besides a Fury parse 5 million in healing and 2+ million in DPS? These are not made up numbers. I will have to dig a bit but I will find it. Or I can just do some new BGs. Furies are everywhere now, when they were very rare before... so they go from not that good to overpowered.
  8. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

PrometheusAfire wrote:
    Sorry but that is not true at all, even focusing ENTIRELY on DPS for a whole match while another person heals away I have never seen an Inquisitor come remotely close to what a Fury can do while topping the HPS list and parsing high. The imbalance is mainly due to your insane spells being affected far greater than the other battle priests melee CAs.
    Example Litany Circle, top end in PVP I have seen it hit around 8k, 20ish second recast, Thunderbolt 12-15k. Let me put that in perspective for you. Thunderbolt is like what a 9 second recast or less? Yet it hits as hard or harder than Assassinate on most occasions. That is even with the Assassin taking endline strength, add to that the recast on Assassinate is around 7 minutes even with 50+ reuse speed.
  9. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

Parses are the end all be all. Especially for a class that overheals like no other. Hots continue to heal and increase a parse even if the target is fully healed. You wont see many others throwing out heals in the same manner
  10. ARCHIVED-Shebee Guest

PrometheusAfire wrote:
    AGREED!

Rather than crying about the Fury, how bout you request a remedy to your concern regarding your Inq. or make a Fury.
  11. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

crazyeyes321 wrote:
    No I am pretty sure they are not over healing, easy to figure outl, total the damage amongst all people fighting, total heals. Most of the time it is easy enough to tell by looking at how much incoming damage there was and how much damage was taken. Lame copout, especially when people do spike somewhat they are not overhealing, besides ACT does not count overhealing. I doubt the BGs do either.
  12. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

Shebee wrote:
    It is people like you that cause more problems to the game, increasing one class at a time to catch up with another class that is doing more than they should is not balancing. It is never a good idea to balance 23 other classes around 1 other class. That class should be balanced amongst the others.

What should I ask for to balance the Inquis with the Fury??? Let my autoattacks do insane damage like they used to? Increase my reactive damage two-fold? Allow all of my multiattack and flurry to work unrestricted in PVP? The difference in damage output is astounding, couple that with the fact that they can do it at the same time as healing is silly. I was one of the few people that was crying for a nerf to the SK class when that was my MAIN. I am all about balance not about my class being god mode.
  13. ARCHIVED-PrometheusAfire Guest

The fact is, Inquisitors, or Mystics for that matter, were never intended to be able to dish out as much damage as a fury can. It says plainly in the character creation for a fury, that they are able to deal more dmg than any other healer. Inquisitors and Mystics, while able to deal respectable damage, get WAY more utility than Furies do. It is also well known that either druid class is a great option for pvp, though many argue that Wardens are the best of the two. I have seen Defilers pump out a couple million damage in a BG, and no one cared that they out healed ever other healer and out dps'd 75% of the other players in the match. Just because you've seen a few well geared and specced Furies that know how to play their class doesn't mean they need adjustments. For every amazing Fury, or SK, or BL or heck, any other class really, there is also another one who doesn't make a significant difference in the match. I have a lvl 90 necromancer in full T1 pvp gear that I run BGs on pretty often, and more often than not, I outparse 90% of the players in the match. Well geared for my level, well specced, and I know how to play him. I'm sure you've seen a troubador, or illusionist, or Paladin come into a match and dish out more dmg than you think they should be able to, but I'm sure all of those players are in fully adorned T3 gear and it only makes sense that they should be able to pump out the numbers. It's the player, not the class. Another point I wan't to make is what effect the parsing program has on this game. People tend to see dps and hps only, they don't care about utility. They expect everyone to dish out T1 scout dmg and don't take into account the effect that certain classes have on the entire group. Your Inquisitor is simply the offensive version of a Templar, and was never intended to be able to do as much damage as a Fury, or Mage, or Scout. Gear up a bit better, roll a Fury for comparison, then get back to us.
  14. ARCHIVED-PrometheusAfire Guest

Orthureon wrote:
  15. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

PrometheusAfire wrote:
  16. ARCHIVED-PrometheusAfire Guest

Orthureon wrote:
    Again this comes back to my point about the effect ACT has had on the playerbase of this game. All you see is HPS and DPS, but there are so many other things going on. I'll try to make this explaination as simple and easy to understand as possible.
    If Furies weren't able to restore hp as well as other healers, their groups would be lying dead all the time, and they wouldn't be of any use to any serious groups. Their group buffs are very standard: Some health, some power, and some physical mitigation, which all healers have. They have a few single target buffs as well, which get diminishing returns at higher levels. Fury buffs improve the dps output of their group only a negligable amount, thusly it lies solely on the Fury themself, to shift the balance by using spells to make up for it. They cannot efficiently cure as well as other healers, hence the need for them to be able to restore hp effectively. More often than not, I find myself healing through detriments rather than curing them, as it eats power, and recast is pretty long, considering. It is a constant struggle to heal, deal damage, and maintain enough power to finish the fight. Furies need to be able to dish out direct damage, and heal directly, otherwise it would be a useless class outright.

Inquisitor healing works in a much different way than Fury healing does. You cast reactive heals to prevent/reverse incoming damage, and you have big, one shot heals (which Furies also have, but they don't heal as much). You get some buffs that are pretty standard across all healers: some health, some power, some physical mitigation. You also get buffs with magical resistances (which Furies don't get), you get the BEST dps buffs IN THE GAME (which Furies don't get), you get some nice reactive counters, which deal dmg, heal nearby allies, and 2 of them also stun the person they are cast on. You get great debuffs which: Lower enemies weapon skills, and lower their physical mit, both of which are great in pvp, I suggest you use them. You get the BEST cures in the game on low reuse timers: one of which can be cast while on the run. You get the BEST rezzes in the game, one of which can be cast WHILE YOU ARE DEAD (Furies get terrible rezzes btw). You get solid power management thanks to Inquest.
    So I wonder...If ACT tallied up all of the damage that an Inquisitor prevents by curing Chaos Cloud, and Pandemic, and Plaguebringer, and a whole host of other dots, then added that to the heal parse of an Inquisitor, would that make Inquisitor heal parses destroy every other healer? If you took all of the dmg that your cures can prevent and added it to the parse, I'm 100% certain that Inquisitors would outparse every other healer, hands down. Also if ACT could take the HUGE dps boosts that your group gains from your buffs, and add that to your damage parse, would Inquisitors be responsible for more dps than Furies? I'm 100% certain that they would. Think about that for a second....take into consideration all of that curing, and all of the dps boosts you provide to your group. Think about your amazing rezzes, and how 50% of the abilities you use proc heals, and how difficult you are to interrupt. So you think Furies restore too much HP, or hit too hard? If they didn't they wouldn't be a viable class at all. Every other healer gets more utility. Gear up better, roll a Fury, then get back to us.

P.s. I love my inquisitor just as much as my Fury, just in a different way.
  17. ARCHIVED-Chorboy01 Guest

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    Honestly, that is at level 80 with max AA's my necromancer friend doubles or tripples me ALWAYS. And if im at the top of the dps parse usually maybe 1-2 healers beat me which is rare.
  18. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

PrometheusAfire wrote:
  19. ARCHIVED-bluedego Guest

Here, let me fix this for you.

1.2k reactive heal ticks aren't cutting it. Please boost reactive ticks a tiny bit please. The only reason furies are running rampant is because when they group heal.. gee they can green a group.. 5 casts of alleviation to green a group is lolz.

I noticed it instantly on my warden and fury vs my inquis. And then promptly quit bg's again.
  20. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

Rageincarnate@Unrest wrote:
    True enough, I guess that is very valid. I might (with all reactives rolling) be able to stop spike damage a bit better, but when it comes to the group...lol. Alleviation. Malevolent Diatribe, Inquisition... pray for no encounter damage while I cast my single target reactive on people spiking.