Furies in TOV

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Deadly Decorator, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

It also has a much larger range, enough to include the stupid mage or ranger.
  2. AricaJade Member

Never noticed tbh. If they arent in range, they dont get healed. I like the extra range on tunare's grace though. I always speak up in vent if theyre not in range. Generally the group stays together...except for a certain kamikazee wizzy but he knows anyway.
  3. Rosvita New Member

<3 Arica!

It's really quite difficult to do a breakdown of the amounts as every group is different however overall Protective Instinct generally does the most healing when used regularly and howling with the pact is great too.

With regards to aa's even if Natural Presence increases range (which I can't see in the description) I can't actually remember the last time I was in heal stance so still wouldn't personally take that aa.
  4. Deadly Decorator Active Member

Is that ability mod formula correct for the potency?

Max hit*potency #/2?
  5. Deadly Decorator Active Member

Unless I am looking at the max hit wrong? Like lets assume Im talking about call of the Storms which can have a max hit of 31700.

In that formula it would be [31700x390(pot)]/2=6181500 needed ab mod?
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

No ;-)

The number you read in the spell description already takes potency and AM into account. It also take into account
    other bonuses such that AA abilities (as example dragon dps ability or int line +10% on spell damage).

I think the only way to get your AM cap is to go naked and read your tooltip.

Personnaly i just unforge/reforge an item an see if the value change.

Recently with my healer gear, reforging something into AM to go from 14K to 15K
    raised the values of photosynthesis ticks.

Note that it's very important to understand that 1 potency = 1.5 (due with am at cap). So when you raise potency you need to raise AM too.

So yo optimize (1,5x)(y+0,3)) with x+y = constant, x = Pot, y = CB.
    For that you want x=y+0,3.
  7. Minimme Member

Imho in your situation i blame gear, people who don't pvp or do bg can't choose what to get as a reward in chests. So your hat and chest don't give you 52 potency as they should instead they give you some melee skills that you will not ever need. I have more hopes in pvp gear because i did lots of solo and heroic zones and all i usually got gear with the melee skills that i don't need. May be later when i will get full pvp gear and i will get something with purple adorn from raid zone than yes i will wear it.Pvp armor is by far way more better than any pve armor that you can get in the heroic zones. Most of my gear is not even close to best pvp gear, it is mostly destroyer's but stats are 412cb/ 451pot/ 26k am, 448k hp.
    I found that you reforged at least 4 items to get ability recovery, as far as i know the only class that needs it are brawlers. Again as far as i know we only have 2 abilites and rest are spells. Reforge anything that you don't need like attack speed etc into am.
    I don't have any problems in heroic zones honestly, all you have to do is cast force of nature at tank( you might want to recast it after deaths), and each 7,5 sec group heal and hibernation, in addition at the start of each fight i cast feast at target. It depends on encounter, 1 attack spell, 1 healing spell, or 2/1 or 2/3. Also i would use faith of fallen in heroic aa instead of howling with pack. You have immune to stun from serenity and to interrupts from the same stamina tree, and you can always use relics, potion of free mind to remove stifle or use pact to keep distance.
    Also i would not spend more than 41 aa in dragon tree, i think all you need is 31 in secon tree with increased max hp, ward and death prevent and 10 point in next to the right first ability concetrated restoration. I think you don't need increased casting of group heal over time, death prevention, and reduced time of large direct heal( imho this tree is purley for shamans/cleric, we kind of don't need 5 second to cast group heal/ward and i am not sure you need draconic reinforsment.May be you might want to use ambrosial food and drinks at ( 4% to healing) totem of suclent and acerbic elixir of piety. I am using adorments for stamina eveywhere i can.

Btw can i ask you, in the left tree in heroic all furies have last spell called natural regeneration, does anyone ever seen it actually healed anything? For example when on warden i cast cyclone i can see effect because no one dies, when i cast natural regenration nothing seems to happend, while it supposed to heal all damage.
  8. Deadly Decorator Active Member

Ohhh! thank you for explaining that for me!
  9. AricaJade Member

what? 1...you're pvp that's talking about how to play a fury in pve situations...2...you're a warden (see #1)...3...you don't know game mechanics (ability recovery is for EVERYTHING, NOT just abilities)...4...i wouldnt dump serenity for anything, ESPECIALLY as a solo healer, i use it ALL the time as a breaker, along with anything else i have. the more breakers u have, the better imo. you WILL find yourself stuck without any at some time (& i mean ALL stuff including signets, pots, etc)...5...you're talking about total heal spec. as a fury, not even really as a warden either, you don't want to run a total heal spec, unless you ABSOLUTELY have to (as i say this, i'm in it but i'm working on a progression kill that we're trying to figure out so atm, heal spec for what's going on, is necessary. i'm twitching every sec i'm in it too) just...no...
  10. Deadly Decorator Active Member

I dont mind Natural regeneration. It wouldn't be my first choice of spells to pick though. It is however very effective (says my ACT). I tend to use it often on the SK tank I get stuck with in groups...I don't know what it is buts its like she wears paper instead of plate...she has health drops like you wouldn't believe....
  11. Minimme Member

1) AricaJade may be i don't know game mechanics and i don't calculate anything, but i am playing for i think 6 years in this game, and i am sorry but i have seen majority of the game content as far as i know. Ability recovery affects time between spells/abilites and auto attack, but i don't thing it is significant for fury at all. As far as i know mages and priests ranged weapon damage of autoattack is nothing compared to melee classes and scouts. But it is up to you, for me it is unimportant.
    2) I've played all classes, it takes 20 min to betray from fury to warden.
    3)I never seen anyone ever reforged ability recovery beside monks, so if you think you need it go do it.
    4)It is up to you what to choose, it takes less than a minute to swtich to another spec,thing is i just don't remeber lots of situations when i had nothing to use to remove stun/stifle. Most of the times it is cure, cure curse, heal, dps etc.
    5) I agree that fury should not be in complete heal spec unless you have to.
  12. Hammdaddy Active Member

OP as ****, only thing that sucks honestly is the casting time on cure curse. Other than that i think furies are in a good position this xpac.
  13. Rosvita New Member

To clarify on the ability modifier there is a really easy to way to work out your max base:

1. Check you aren't capped already to do this take your max spell hit/3, if the number is higher than your ability mod, you're already over cap, if its too much higher drop some ability mod! If you aren't capped go to the next step
    2. base damage after potency = current max hit - current ability modifier - this actually means you don't need to do the potency part of the calculation
    3. ability mod cap = base damage after potency/2

Another way is to go to eq2u, and check out the spells page which clearly shows the base damage of all spells so for example the highest base hit on Back into the Fray is 4493, which is the number I used to work out your ability mod cap earlier since this is actually our hardest hitting spell.

In relation to the discussion about ability recovery speed just to clarify this for Minimme cause you don't seem to understand the mechanic I will explain it to you. After every cast you make all your spells/ca's/temp buffs have 0.5 period where you can't cast anything else, this is the recovery time, ability recovery speed allows you to shorten this duration which caps out at 0.25 with 100% recovery speed, this can make a massive difference to any class, as pointed out earlier spells are a subtype of an ability (spell/ability reuse mechanic where you can have 75% ability reuse + 25% spell reuse to cap out the reuse on spells for example) I hope this clears up why someone would want ability recovery speed as any archtype. Also if you look earlier in this post I put a list of desirable stats for a casting priest (or mage tbh) and you will see recovery speed in that list.
  14. Deadly Decorator Active Member

I will admit I reforge into Recovery speed. I have played at 95-100% recovery speed since DOV. I TRIED for about a week to work at 30% recovery speed (the speed that most people average at) but the difference I saw in my casting was WAY too slow at that point. So while others may be used to working around the longer recovery speed, I cannot do so. My gameplay has adjusted well to include my 0.25 sec recovery between spell casts. My heals come fast, and my spells after a Cancel Command come faster. This has save mine groups and mine ***** in many situation. But again I tribute that to a gameplay issue. If you can work through have the 0.5 second recovery speed then thats no problem. I just cant play like that.
  15. Mktavish01 Member

I can see Minimee's point though , and imo ... recovery speed would be way not as important as casting speed.
    But if that's maxed then sure.
    If you use hotkey's and a lot of chain macro's ... it can definitely help ... atleast if I remember correctly on macro's?
    (haven't been using them since I got back into the game)
    Also a person could experience enough server lag on a regular basis to render it useless.

Recovery speed doesn't effect item clickies does it? Plus it seems like they have a longer recovery ... I find them annoying sometimes .
  16. Hermmit Active Member

Recovery speed does nothing to auto attack. You're thinking of attack speed.
  17. Mktavish01 Member

Well if during that .5 sec recovery after an ability is used , your char wont auto attack. Then it seems it would effect it , no?
    But since its a passive activation based on its attack speed cycle ... then I suppose it would be hard to tell?

I would think faster recovery being useful is based more on ones play style than any particular class though.
  18. Deadly Decorator Active Member

I tend to chain my attacks together for a easier hotbar set up. Only my heals stay unchained (because sometimes I need to throw an OH **** heal in with my normal heal chains ya know?) So yes, recovery speed between my chain attacks, making them hit back to back is VERY useful to me at least.