Fuel Depots

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Guiscard, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Bashem Well-Known Member

Ya I know there ways to minimize the problem but its still a problem that imho should not be there and I have 9 95 crafters and just added the Frostfell crafting stations so I could have used the extra room. It would not have taken any more effort from SoE to make say a 100 slot depot. Why not make game more fun for people instead of making it more difficult.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Do you also know we had to beg for them to raise the limit from the original 20 they intended? If it wasn't for carpenters and their need for 3 different fuels, they probably would have left it down at 20. We asked for as much as 100 before and we got 50. It's a manageable size and it's a significant difference from not being able to do this at all.

I'm not saying I don't want it higher myself, but I think it's best to find a comfortable place to be with the current numbers. I just don't see them making another change (at least until we get a new tier of fuels). There's really no argument left for raising the limit, when you can have as much storage as you want, across any number of houses. "I can't be bothered to zone just once." doesn't cut it.
    Dulcenia likes this.
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

I made an excel sheet to keep up with which fuel to put into the depot. I listed the 10 that I thought I wouldn't use for decorating and that wouldn't burden my crafters too much (hopefully). If I find something missing when I craft I will make a note of it and try to exchange which fuel is in there to optimize the depot usefulness. I mostly removed candles and kindling.

Edit:
    I remember them raising it from 20 to 50...which was great. But leaving out that 10 just keeps me having to spend time determining what I need in it, what I don't need in it, etc. etc.
    I'm very happy it is at 50 not 20, but for the life of me I don't understand why it can't be set at the amount to hold 1 stack of each fuel.

Its as if they said...."let's just make it half the size of the one in the guild hall" rather than saying..."ok, what would make it most useful".
  4. Guiscard Active Member

Is the personal fuel depot for your house a different pattern than the regular depot?
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

There are several types of depots available now that can hold different types of items. The one for mostly harvesting materials, the fuel depot, the lore and legend one, collectibles one, and a few others.
  6. Bashem Well-Known Member

7. Guiscard Active Member

Can I place these depots in any house after I make them? I was thinking of doing the holiday crafting in one toons house -- can I make the depots and put them in that house? I only have one toon that has high enough tinkering to make these depots.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Yes. You can do one of each depot per house in as many houses as you like. It doesn't matter if it's prestige or not.

It's all in the same book, so if you scribed the original recipe, you have all the new ones.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I've always felt that was their intention as well and it's been pretty clear in the design of the rest of the depots. Nothing was to ever compete with guild amenities, since people actually pay for those on a weekly basis. A house was never intended to be a one-stop shop. That's the role a guild hall was meant to fill. It is a multiplayer game, after all.
    Shmogre likes this.
  10. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I would love a scroll depot.....we know that the sorting is there since scroll cases for the broker exist.
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

All in all though, the guild ammenities are for the group in the guild. You pay for those amenities as a group, you use them as a group. The things that you put into all the depots are for the group. If I am crafting armor or other items for people in the guild or doing the tradeskill writs, I do that in the guild. If I am putting things into the ammo depot or the food depot for the guild, then I craft that in the guild.

However, when I am doing my tradeskill apprentice crafting or making stuff for personal use and for decorating, I use my own materials and my own fuel that I purchase. Even though the guild hall has everything in it and I help pay for all that, I don't use it for personal stuff. It would simply be more convenient for me to have enough room in the depot to hold a stack of each fuel in my crafting house for personal use.

It isn't a huge deal for me, but it is just one of those annoying little things that I don't see a really good rationale for. I comprehend the reasons given for it being that way, but I just don't find them convincing.
    Kurogo and Alenna like this.
  12. Bashem Well-Known Member

There is one reason I can think of to shortchange on the depots so that if and when they decide to fix it people will so say. Oh you people booing SoE look they fixed the depots :) now cut them a break.
    Katz likes this.
  13. Nikkala New Member

If they do fix the depots, I'll do just that! Add me as a "+1" for fixing the fuel depots. They need at least 63 slots--I like to keep all of my crafting in one house. I'd settle for 60 if I had to but I think it's just as easy for them to raise it to 100.
  14. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Fixing implies something is broken. Nothing is broken. Everything is pretty much the same as when we first talked about the item limit on the depots back in July. 3 fuels that are now worth storing in a depot don't make much of a case for change, certainly not when they don't even work with standard harvests. The guild depot holds 100 fuels, so it's not going that high and there's no reason for that one to go higher either, as there's room to grow.
  15. Karrane Well-Known Member

Adding me as another +1 to increase size of fuel depots plz =)
  16. Charlice Well-Known Member

I'd love a depot for appearance items. The more slots the better. :)
  17. din ohtar Member

one the issues with the line " 'I can't be bothered to zone just once." doesn't cut it." is that it ignores that fuel is only one bit of the equation, the other house also needs the crafting stations since the first house cannot fit all the fuel

There are 7 crafting stations (chemistry, engraving desk, forge, sewing table, stove, woodworking, and workbench). Each station will set you about 492,805 Status or a total of 3,449,635 Status. Given that you need to equip two homes, then you are looking at a total of 6,899,270 status.

The refusal to increase fuel depots shouldn't be to force people to zone into a second home, but to ensure that the home depots remain smaller than the guild hall depot. Its in Sony's best interest to promoting guilds. Guilds are good for EQ2, and Sony should be promoting them, they should not be weakening guilds by making home depots have the same size as the guild depots
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Where do you get the frostfell stations and fuel depots at? I don't see them on the frostfell merchants. Sorry if this seems like a newbie question, but it's exactly that as I was gone for three years and only returned a few months ago, so I'm unfamiliar with all but the guild hall depots.
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

First you go to the FF crafting instance to pick up key recipes on the vendor. You then craft these keys on the FF workbench and go out into the newbie territories to find 3 different chests. Better hurry up. There are only a couple days left in Frostfell.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh well guess I won't be getting these this year then, as I don't have any lvl 90 crafter characters yet, though I do have one who is awfully close. Maybe I can get her to 90 and get this done before Frostfell is over. If not, eh, oh well. Thanks for the reply, Deveryn.