Fuel Depots

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Guiscard, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Guiscard Active Member

Are these worth getting? DO you have to buy fuels to fill it up and will it take fues like the XMAS fuels. I got the Xmas work stations and I wonder if the fuel depot will also take the special holiday fuel.
  2. Sambril Well-Known Member

You do have to fill them yourself - they do not replace fuel vendors. They do take the Frostfell Fuels and make a great addition alongside a harvest depot and the Frostfell stations.
    Shmogre likes this.
  3. Arastir Member

One thing to keep in mind though is that they only hold 50 items, so they won't hold every single fuel type. Stacks of the same type of fuel only count as one item, so that helps. Still, it's a nice thing to have.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Until the frosffell stations came out, I never saw any purpose to fuel depots for guild halls. The fuel merchant makes much more sense. Even now, I'm not sure I'd want to put my FF fuel into a guild depot and have somebody else use it up.
    For houses, I find the fuel depots very handy for the apprentice crafting and, now, frostfell stations.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

I used a prestige house and set up a personal harvest depot and a personal fuel depot along with the frostfell crafting stations. I only have frostfell harvested materials and fuel there.
  6. Quinnos Active Member

The personal fuel depots really do need to be made larger in size.
    Rhodris, Pixistik, Avahlynn and 2 others like this.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It would be nice, but it's not necessary. We already pushed to get it from 20 to 50, when they were first being tested. I don't think they'll go any higher than that, unless we get a whole new tier of goods. Even then, there's enough housing to cover everyone's personal needs.
  8. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

[IMG]Whoot the raise to 100 makes them quite useful now for the home decorator:)
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The home decorator doesn't even use all the fuels. :p
  10. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Booo it was only the guild depot ones that hold 100 :(((((( My home one still only holds 50:((
  11. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

A home decorator will use all the fuels.
    Rhodris and Avahlynn like this.
  12. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had to get rid of 3 fuels to make room for the Frostfell Ones. After Frostfell you can't purchase more Frostfell Fuel that I am aware of. So, buy stacks and stacks of it now. :)
    Karrane likes this.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Back that claim up. Find non-notebook recipes that are going to make abundant use of kindling, candles and incense. You don't even need all the tiers of coal or filament to satisfy all the house item recipes out there.

Frostfell stuff doesn't count because it's a totally independent set of fuel & ingredients and can thus be stored in another house.
  14. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Hmmm... yeah, suppose I could make a Frostfell Only Crafting house with its own depots. But, think I'd rather remove some candles/kindling in some tiers first.
  15. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

LOL last time I backed it up with numbers, someone accused me of little rationales , I believe if you have a full set of crafters and decorate as well, then you could see then need for a fuel depot that holds at least one stack of each fuel.
    Karrane likes this.
  16. Katz Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a list of every single house item makeable by every type of crafter with a corresponding list of the fuels needed to cover all of that? If so I would be eternally grateful if you would provide it. Remember all of the holidays, factions, and tinkering house items for the list.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I don't know of any such list, but almost everything is easily covered with sandpaper, filament and coal. The filament and coal was only needed up to a certain level (70?). Most holiday stuff uses nothing higher than level 40 sandpaper, coal or filament. Sage house items are limited to the books. Provisioners have the new supply cart. Outfitters have next to nothing, except weaponsmiths having some display weapons in the new level 90 book. Alchemists have never had a house item to make, so that eliminates candles. Jewelers use coal, so that doesn't really matter. There might be an Erollisi day item or two that uses one of the odd ingredients I mentioned, but it's nothing that's going to inconvenience you terribly if you don't keep it handy.

Looked over my recipes: E-day uses some basic incense and kindling. Nights of the Dead uses some glowing candles and kindling. Brewday and Bristlebane Day are both basic tier goods. Tinkerfest uses sparkling coal for everything.
    Katz likes this.
  18. Bashem Well-Known Member

The fuel depot is great but why you cant stock with all know fuel types really irks me I have to decide which fuel to keep and then its the same old thing having to keep stock on each char so please make it big enough to hold all the fuels not a hard thing to do. I even take being able to have 2 in a room sso have enough room so remove the house lore tag.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If you leave out incense, you don't have to keep much stock on any character, aside from the one sage.
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks Deveryn!

Doing the math... with 10 tiers of fuel x 6 fuel types that's 60 stacks. (Unless I'm forgetting something). If someone wants Frostfell fuel in it, that's 63. I'd rather they just add 10 stacks to it to make it more convenient. However, I'll work through it to see which 10 fuels to eliminate.

What is the rationale to not have 60 stacks worth of room in the fuel depot though? That is only about 1 and a half tiers you have to leave out. Seems unnecessary to me. I can work around it though.