Free Level 100 Character

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Katzandra, May 24, 2018.

1. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

After looking at the other characters, it does seem to mostly affect them when they're logging in, rather than every time they zone. It's still massively annoying. :-/

Uwk
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I don't think deleting the character would get rid of it. Creating the character activated PoP for you, making it so you can go there on any character right now. So while that's activated, you're going to get that pop up, I think.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Argh, okay, probably true. Sigh. :-/

Uwk
    waiting with bated breath for June 7 :D
  5. Aelfan Active Member

So what actually is a Personal Avatar mercenary? I have been unable to find anything about it (except someone complaining about the class).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ostensibly, it's supposed to be a merc that's like an Illusionist personae twin pet, I think (so I have to pay to hire a doppelganger of mine? Heh! :D), but I'm not sure how to /claim it, or if I can until I buy the expac?

Uwk
    Aelfan likes this.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

They are available on the Marketplace for characters other than the Promo Free 100. If the Free 100 is on an account with the mercenary feature, the Personal Avatar merc can be hired on the Plane of Magic, not far from the spire where you first arrive.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Thanks. :)

Hmm! Will the Avatar still be around after the 7th...one way to find out, I guess! ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Juraiya Well-Known Member

They're purchasable on the Marketplace? Ohh! That might be the first merc I will ever buy on the marketplace. :)

Btw, the personal avatar merc in PoM looks like a glowy cloud with a merc icon over its head. Only when you get close (and possibly only if you've activated the token in your inventory, not sure about that) will it look like your character. Btw, interesting fact: If you change your character's appearance gear while the merc is active, it updates, although I can't recall if it was immediate. I may have had to launch myself into the air and land on the ground before the merc updated. But it DOES update, which is really cool.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, okay, another thing to ask...is the Merc token in Inventory, do I /claim it, or...? :confused:

Uwk
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The merc token should be in your bags as soon as you unpack the pack of items the new Level 100 receives. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'll look again. Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. Aelfan Active Member

So of course I bought a new slot and claimed my 100 levels and the merc. I thought I would make something attractive so I made a green fairy. However the merc does not do the Zegony blessing thing, so it looks weird. /sigh

I really do wish they would make a merc that can look exactly as you wish it, and named as you wish. THAT is what I call special.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Something as customizable as a House Actor would be cool, yeah. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The avatar to hire the mercenary should still be there when the promotion ends since they are available on the marketplace, but if you did not but PoP, you will not be able to get to the avatar to hire it.
    Rosyposy likes this.