Fortress Spire Feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Kilnger, Mar 3, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Unless he gave me my money back before we killed him, I definately did not get it back, i checked how much plat i had after handing him 1p, a little silly of me i know, but it the third instance we'd run in a row and i was getting reeeeal hungry. I assure you that i did not recieve my money back upon killing him, unless it's arrived after i logged out.
    Also, are these mobs supposed to drop rares occasionally? first time we went in there i paid him the plat, we killed him, and it dropped a diamond, which thanks to the way things work, went via round robin to the first person in group, not me! I thought the rare was the pay back for the bet, but since i've not seen that particular named drop one since, i'm guessing not.
    Just as a side note, i'm really enjoying these encounters with different tactics behind them, can't wait to see what the dock guy does tomorrow, hopefully puts a buff on us that increases our dps and rewards us with plat? (A halfling can hope)
  2. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Found the problem. The coin got removed from the drop table. Will look at adding it back.
  3. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Ok, we seperated them and stayed within 5% keeping them about 20 meters apart. Long fight but no problem. Took the bookie to 1% and coldblade to 3%, we blitzed both down to basically 0% and they rezzed back to 100%.
    Not sure of the script we then did it again without a break. Same result.
    Doh!!!
    We did it again, same result.
    The next time, thinking that maybe 20 meters was too close, I (Ranger) kited the bookie while the rest of the group took down coldblade. We left the Tank on ColdBlade making sure he continued to take damage and the rest of the group came over to me when we got close to having more than a 10% difference, hitting him from the back while I kited him in a very tight circle, to get the the Bookie ~5% lower than Coldblade. When we got them to 10% the Tank and healer stayed on Coldblade. The rest of us took down the bookie to 1 % and then we blitzed both and they rezzed to 100%.
    All these timep both mobs were laying down, and then popped up with 100% health. Sounds buggy to me /shrugs. The healer was an inquisitor but we had heard that verdict created a problem so we did not use it.
    We gave up at this point.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yunay Guest

We did the Bookie and the Fighter yesterday evening with a group of: SK, 2 x Ranger, Coercer, Warden, Defiler.
    One of our rangers has tanked the bookie directly out of the round field in the middle across the fighter. Our SK stood near the fighter and if he became aggro he pulled him directly with a taunt. The group was standing in the middle of the round on this little platform.
    After that we looked to burn down both nearly same way ... with a difference of about 3-5% maximum of their health. Near the end of the fight we looked that they're not more than 1% away from each other ... burned them down at the same time.
    It was a brilliant and easy fight and a nice scipt. Our SK was in offense gear but we had not really a problem to keep him on 100% health.
    But whats about Bouont Crushingfist ??? We did not fight more than 20 Sec. after incoming ... we wiped about 3 times than we finished it for this time ... We even got ONE add to about 79% until we wiped ....
    We are all T3-SF-Raid-equipped - the most of us already have gear (jewellery) from the new add-on. However we could not survive more than this short time?
    Is there a trick? Did we something wrong?
    (we found a memwipe, we found out that the named could not be mezzed ...)
    Yunay
  5. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Nyfe@Butcherblock wrote:
    We've done this fight successfully with a warden soloing the bookie (me) and with a coercer basically tanking him. The important thing, in my opinion, is to pick one or two people before you start the fight, and have them fight the bookie. Everyone else needs to stay away from him, and not engage him at all. You won't get that debuff if you don't engage the bookie.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

Yunay@Innovation wrote:
    The key is to keep all but one of the adds locked down so you aren't tanking 4 mobs at once. There are other things to be aware of, but I find working the kinks of an encounter out yourself is more rewarding than simply being told do this do that win. The adds, do memwipe, and the named will memwipe but the named one is easier to deal with because it is a full memwipe, otherwise this encounter would be alot harder, we've done the fight in full T3 gear, so it's possible, but with 2 healers the fight will take a long time.
  7. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

The guy doesn't really require a tactic. It's just lock down adds, kill them one by one, kill named. But the difficulty of him seems to be pretty much out of place, when you are coming from Ascent. He hits pretty hard, he and adds mem wipe and they have awful lots of HP.
  8. ARCHIVED-Linarie Guest

I guess I'm a idiot or something but I just could not see it last night. I was tired but still... I posted this on someone's thread who was also having problems with this fight before I found this thread so I'm reposting it here.
    We ran into a different problem.
    I think the encounter started after we wagered a plat. A script begins, which may have bugged for you, then we fought the fight just like all the other strats say, keeping them apart, keeping them close in health, killing at close to same time, yadda yadda yadda. We win! Yay!!
    ummm....
    Well, now the door is still locked. We can't move any further on. The dude who gave us the powder keeps telling us to go put the powder in the giant's drink. The elevator that I thought might lead us somewhere else in the central circular room which branches to both the arena and the docks isn't clickable. Whenever we go over there to try, one to two party members experience the 'explosive death out of nowhere' that a lot of folks experienced back on the ramp leading up to Theer in SF. I think we got bugged because we had to leave zone and came back to the same instance the next day. We still had our illusions and were using them but don't know if that would've had anything to do with it... Not sure what we were doing wrong unless there was a bug somewhere. Any hints?
  9. ARCHIVED-Reevix Guest

Having trouble getting back to the 4th name. We got to him one night, but people had to log. We came back to the instance to finish the zone the next day, but now the light bridge leading up to the name is missing, and we couldn't find a way to reactive it. Thinking its the lever on a hidden platform just below where the bridge should be, but that lever isn't clickable.
  10. ARCHIVED-nisbit Guest

Can't seem to get Adelbrow to take my plat. I poisoned the mug and when I speak to Adelbrow my only option is "I have no interest in giving away any of my platinum." A couple people in the group hailed the various npc's. Also, I originally starting this instance last night but it ran late so we picked up again this morning with all the same people.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

nisbit wrote:
    It appears that the bookie will not accept bets if the zone is left sitting for too long. I am working to resolve this and the issue with the door past hima nd the light bridge.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dasein Guest

Bremer wrote:
    The adds also seem hard to mezz and break mezzes a lot. They can taunt, and memwipe, so keeping focused on a single target while not breaking mezzes on the others is very difficult.
    This fight needs to be adjusted - either reduce the HP on the worms, or get rid of the memwipe, so a tank stands a reasonable chance of controlling them all.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Dasein wrote:
    I am increasing the time between mem wipes on the adds to a lot longer. Should only be a problem if you hold them for a fairly long time.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dasein Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Thanks, hopefully that will help.
    In my most recent run through the zone, I've noticed some other bugs:
    1. For the quest Minion Magic, the final mob was bugged. What happened was that each time someone pressed the button in the control room, the elevator would raise, however, the mob disappeared after the first button press. We eventually found the mob down in the drained area by the docks, but it was not attackable.
    2. The Rime illusion you loot from the docks does not persist through death, even though the icon for it shows up in your maiontained effects window. I do not know which was this is supposed to go, but I assume it should be conisisten either way.
    3. The Contraband Collector quest does not seem to update correctly. Supposedly, after collecting the updates from the docks, there is an ambush, which gets you the final update. I have not seen this ambush, or if it occurs, it is not updating the quest.
    4. It is still possible to get Crushingfist to attack his adds - we did it through some combination of mezzes and FD, although I doubt we could reproduce it. I've seen this happen a few other times on various encounters, for example, on the Tserina fight, the Advisor will target one of the blobs.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Thanks I will try to get those taken care of as well.
  16. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

Been ages since I ran this zone, but went in just now on my monk. Beyond the fact that the zone was beyond easy to clear, on Ablebrow, I paid him 1p to start the fight off, and then the chest dropped 1p for the group. Not a huge gripe but if i'm paying for the encounter to start, i'd atleast like the plat back in full, rather than spreading it about the group. Like i said, nothing major, but the greedy buggers already ninja'd the plat in throne the first time we went in. Next time i'm making the darned frog pay for the fight.
  17. ARCHIVED-excalibur120 Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Did this make it into the patch today? I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes.
  18. ARCHIVED-Thor Guest

The bridge up to Bouont Crushingfist is still bugged.
    We started the zone on wednesday 6th April. It was getting late so we just cleared the trash in Bouont Crushingfist's room and decide to come back next day to finish.
    On Thursday 7th April we went back to finish zone and then found that the bridge leading up to the floor with Bouont Crushingfist was not up.

I made a petition and to my surprise we had gm show up in less than 10 minutes who could help us. Kudos to him/her.
    The platform the bridge is leading up to have a button to control the bridge. Why not add one on the lower floor?
    On a sidenote: Wednesday's mission was "Hold of Rime: Fortress Spire - A Documented Threat". When we were back at thursday we could not find any of the documents we still needed to complete the quest.
  19. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Did it yesterday, was not really found of going as warden to solo heal there but we found no co-healer. The tank was wearing moderate legendary stuff, our illusionist was very well geared, the troubi was badly geared, the dirge and mage had casual legendary gear.
    We got a few wipes but nothing really bad. It seems to me that the instance had been tuned down quite a bit.

My issues :
    1) The trash before first named is quite dangerous, and body pulling far away is necesary, Nothing really hard but people discovering the zone may be turned away.
    2) First boss still has many hp and port a lot. We also got a first wipe due to Epic comign despite nobody using any aoe. I would suggest to allow to dispatch the epic before the first named and may be to limit a bot porting (anyway we had good dps and it was not as long as on my first run).
    3) Dock named if free lot.
    4) the scout for the quest should not pop out of nowhere, may be they have to be invisible or sneaking but we should see them with the proper spells on.
    5) Arena encounter is ok, may be the 5 second interval should be raised to 7-10. We got it on first try.
    6) Snake boss fight is still quite long and tense. The fight was longer than most raid encounters.
    7) Last boss :
    1) the graphics that display the area that we should avoid (or be killed) are very poor, it's worst than the rain in FP that i manage to see in extreme performance.
    2) The very high frequency of curses is really hurting especially with a single healer. We got a wipe because we decided that i will cure the mages (to keep dps up) and i got oom depsite : my warden mythical that proc 1500-2000 mana, standard mana stone, potions, tinkerer mana stone. Whatever i did my mana remained at zero.
    The curse frequency is mad, he curses 4-5 time faster than i can cure (with 40% reuse).
    After 3 wipes (2 due to poor graphics, 1 due to me getting oom) we decided to keep cure curse on me and to burn it.
    Otherwise the mob is easy, no real frontal, no real aoe, very few hps.
    I suggest to improve the rendering of the deadly area and to decrease the frequency of curses. Not that we also tried to chain siffle/stun/silence him but he was immune to most spell preventing him t curse the group.
    PS: the instance is still highly unpopular, despite Velk domination running we had trouble finding 6 peoples, and we went with 1 healer while i was very sceptical about healing a badly geared tank there. Note that many friends -- indlcuding well geared ones -- asked me to let them zone in my cleared rime 3, which proves that instance is done very rarely.
    The loot there is probaly still no attrative enough.
    We also got twice plate priest leggings, and none of us could use it. This is clearly different from usual armor drop that are "general priest" ones.
    The instance is now very doable (a druid as single healer and a tank in moderate gear is far from the strongest group), but it still takes quite some time and the loot is not really great (except for the final BP).
    We had a very good time doing it, with a really good group (not that well geared but playing finely) but the reward -- once you did the wrist quest -- is missing.
  20. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

Just a heads up, went in here today after the patch with a few people looking to complete the fixed quest, contraband collector, after moving down the slope into the docks area, we got jumped by about 3 groups of 4 ^^^ adds. Needless to say since we were only expecting solo mobs, or at worse 1 group of heroic mobs, we got slaughtered by 3 encounters. We ended up having the entire group bar 1 delete the quest, and just moved on. Can you take a look at this and make sure a group where everyone needs the update, doesn't get 6 groups of mobs, all each designed for 6 people to take on, to spawn on top of them.