Fortress Spire Feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Kilnger, Mar 3, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Leovinus Guest

Nekurawr@Oasis wrote:
    I'm not sure why you weren't getting the script on Dockmaster. I've seen it 1 out of 3 times. The others it either didn't happen or we just didn't notice it from AoE or somesuch. I will point out that the time we got it, we pulled the dockmaster into the hallway, when we fought him on the dock, we didn't see it.
  2. ARCHIVED-nekurareikon Guest

Leovinus wrote:
    We always fight it on the dock, so that might be why.
  3. ARCHIVED-Twisty Guest

Best zone in xpac imo, mired by bugs Very disheartening.

1st boss on the rafters: she still tries to cast "IceSpears-of-you're-dead" after every port cycle, problem is the spell is trivially interruptable. It did happen once that IceSpears looked interrupted but went off anyway, gibbing everyone who was on wrong rafter. IceSpears needs to be made non-interruptable and kill anyone on wrong rafter with boss landing on a random rafter. It would make this fight unique and fun.
    chest key-mob: I don't know which mob you guys referring to for right-click option to activate (was it the bartender?), but if it's the case, he needs to somehow draw attention to himself to make you want to try to do that. Bartender disappeared after x4 guys in 1st room of zone went non-aggro.
    2nd boss Dockmaster: we fought him in the hallway. he didn't do anything at all besides auto-attack like a girl. Other issue on the dock was number of plunderable booty wasn't 12 (quest requires 2, individual updates, so a couple ppl got stiffed; think total was 10).
    4th boss with the worms: the transluscent green bridge leading up to his room is the problem, actually. Green bridge was there initially, we ran up, killed a couple of non-aggro worms in the room. Then a group member says (didn't see it with my eyes) there was a lever of some sort in the hallway at the top end of the green bridge; he clicked lever, green bridge disappeared. He clicked lever again, green bridge re-appeared. After killing couple of worms, we all left the zone (raid time) and came back a few hours later. Green bridge is not there and no way that we found to activate it. The lever that's next to the teleporter (below the platform if you jump off) looks like it should be clickable and should spawn the bridge. Lever is not clickable, however. Also, what's the point of the ladder on the wall? We tried floating to that little platform with the ladder, but fae and gnomish boots with 100% run speed didn't do it. IMO you should fix this in such a way that the platform with the ladder is reachable (but requires some practice) with some speed/floaty buffs (make potions with infinite charges for this drop in zone), not spawn green bridge by default and have it be a little mini-game to be able to reach the platform, climb up and spawn bridge for rest of group from up top.
  4. ARCHIVED-ffd700 Guest

Gninja wrote:
    No, we didn't hail the gnome or any of that until we went back into the instance the next day.
    ----
    I think we all were still wearing that Rime illusion from the dock though, not sure if that matters.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

ffd700 wrote:
    That shouldn't matter. Thanks you have been very helpful in tracking this down. Will try to get it fixed and in asap.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Twisty wrote:
    1st boss. It should not be able to be interuppted. Will check into why it is.
    Keymob - The cook is not the keymob. Check the climbable barrels :)
    2nd boss - His script is already being fixed it is not firing off at all.
    4th boss - Will take a look at bridge. Not sure why it would go away like that.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yunay Guest

Gninja wrote:
    I EVER take about 10P minimum in my bag .... and ALL of us tried to do the wager ... anyway we killed the other nameds (witch were dropping chests) so at least one of us should have the required money in his bag.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Gninja wrote:
    NOT tweaking toughness???
    I didn't want to give details, but this is how tough the fight is, and why it needs to be tweaked:
    At the bookie's 75%, the other mob comes in and starts one-shotting people unless he's mezzed right away. If we don't do that, fail, and start over from beginning.
    At bookie's 4% or less mark, mezz the bookie, and start DPSing down (5-7 minutes total) the other mob until he's unconcious, then mez again as the bookie will heal to 100% in 2-3 seconds if nothing is DPSing it. Bring the other mob close to the bookie w/o breaking mezz on the bookie.
    If the bookie breaks/resists mez while DPSing the other mob, it will heal 6 min of health back to full in about 3 seconds, and then you die as the group gets wiped immediately.
    (If you try to fight both of them at the same time, the group gets wiped out immediately due to the debuffs on the group from both mobs.)
    (If you bring the bookie to 1% or 0 health, the other mob breaks mez no matter what, and starts one-shotting the group.)
    So, after knocking the other mob to unconsciousness and mezzed, kill the bookie's remaining hp, and then you can kill both/the other mob (I forgot what happens at the end).
    What normally happens: As you're dpsing the bookie down, the other mob breaks mez and one-shots the group.
    So, like us, if you're unlucky to have the other mob resist mez, you'll have spent anywhere from 6 min to 10 min of fighting only to fail multiple times until everything goes perfectly well.
    We were only able to win by chance because after knocking the bookie to 4% or less, and then the other mob to very low health, we started on the bookie again. Suddenly the other mob broke mez, and with my Assassin's top CAs up, I was able to one-shot both right away before both healed to full.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sylvellior Guest

Nyfe@Butcherblock wrote:
    Move them further apart. The debuff from the Bookie makes sure you can't survive the AoE, but both have a limited range.
  10. ARCHIVED-thegriss Guest

The bookie fight was one of the easier fights imo. We had SK, Inq, Dirge, necro, illy, brig We pulled the bookie and had the dirge tank him to the top right of the ramp. Waited till the fighter became aggro and had the SK drag him to the left side. We DPS down the fighter to 7% then the bookie. Once they are both low everyone got on the bookie and I verdicted the warrior and win.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

I can see where you are having a problem with the bookie fight. My suggestion would be to have one of the other members of your group tank the bookie. He does not auto attack so just about anyone save for maybe a mage should be able to tank him fairly easy. This frees up the tank to control Quanth who is the one that does rough physical damage. Keep them apart this way and kill them within 10% of each other and its fairly easy. It is a control fight you need to keep control of the bosses or they get very powerful very fast.
  12. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

I never watched my plat before, but this time after handing in the plat to the bookie, i checked to see how much i had left (223 plat, this was an alt :p ) then we pulled, wiped due not being quick enough at the end (verdict failed, other guy got back up, tank panic'd etc.) So run back up, repair because someone else is broke and hey, the bot is up, costs me about 95g, so i'm down to 222 plat, kill named loot chest.... i'm still at 222 plat. I'm all for interesting mechanics, but i'd like my money back please :p
  13. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

He did give your money back... That is why you are only down the 95g it cost you to repair.
  14. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

djrfan wrote:
    Just had the exact same problem. Talked to first guy, used powder, talked to the 2nd guy, no dialog option to place bet.
    I'd guess, it had something to do with multiple people talking to the first guy, resetting the script somehow after using the powder.
  15. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Nyfe@Butcherblock wrote:
    You don't have to mezz anything. You have to keep the two apart. Put one person on the bookie to keep him busy and slowly burn him down, while the rest of the group focuses on the fighter. Burn them down at the same time, and kill them within 5% of each other. The fight is long, but it's relatively easy if you follow the script.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Sorry all, forgot to mention we did keep them apart. We did that on the 3rd try, but I see now that we should have tanked both.
    However, how do you keep the 2nd mob from healing to full in 2-3 seconds when he is up, and the bookie is not mezzed? Or is the fact that it is being tanked, stops it from healing so fast?
    Also, the red text is not working properly because when it says a mob is immune to damage, you can still damage it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

That is likely the red message lagging behind a bit since you can go from able to damage to not able to damage pretty quickly.
  18. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Gninja wrote:
    The reason this did not work for us is because when the fight starts, the bookie puts an uncurable debuff on us that allows Quanth to one-shot everyone (including our tank) when he became active, so it didn't matter how far they were apart. As soon as someone got within Quanth's melee range (tank, anybody), down they went.
    The only thing we didn't try was to have our tank out of the room when the fight starts, in case the debuff can't hit people outside the room.
    I'm thinking though that we had a buggy zone. After we finished that fight, and we died to the next mob, we were unable to get into it through the doors later on, even when we retried it with our sleetsaber illusions on.
  19. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Gninja wrote:
    An important note--it isn't enough to kill these two mobs within 10% of eachother. The bookie will heal to full even if he was at 5% before you killed the fighter unless you kill them within about 5-6 seconds of eachother.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Nyfe@Butcherblock wrote:
    You should lose that debuff when you get away from the bookie.