Forlorn Gist deserves to be destroyed!

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Cusashorn, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

ARGH the 64-Bit update can't get here soon enough. Who's idea was it to allow this zone to ever be drafted up and programmed? There are so many enemies and animations and SPARKLING HARVESTS and Public Quests happening that it's not a matter of if you crash, but WHEN. Do the devs not experience these same crashing issues from just running around or taking the horse mount through the city?

Yes, I'm complaining about a zone that has been out for 4 months now and I have to put up with for roughly another 3 months before a possible fix will be patched. Yes, I'm complaining for the sake of complaining, but let me complain, darnit! I'm not hurting anyone!
    Riverbear and Daryx like this.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I rarely crash in FG.. i normally crash in SE of all places.. All zones PQ's make every zone laggy, not just FG.
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I play in High Quality - always have.

In VoV - I crash alot (Crash on the horse in FG, when I run back to entrance, tanking in a raid etc) - mostly to the limit of 4 Gb ram from the 32 bit client (the 64 bit client will help with that).

Prior to VoV - I rarely crashed. Same system (Alienware Aurora R11, 64 GB ram etc)
    Riverbear likes this.
  4. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

At the risk of breaking my apparent good luck on the subject... but I have yet to crash in Forlorn Gist. My guild mates complain more about the guild hall nomming them than any other zone/instance. However, the upgrade to 64bit is welcome as I am hoping that will fix some of that issue as well.
  5. Monkybones Member

My wife and I have played EQ2 for about 20 years and never had the issues we have since VoV came out. We both crash all the time when Zoning. Didn't have any issues before VoV and our new systems. About the same time as VoV came out I build us both new systems: GEN 12 Intel processors, Nvidia 3080 TI video cards, 64GB RAM, etc. Now we can't even zone into Guild hall without getting a Direct X Fatal Error or just dropping to desktop.

I know it's a 32 bit / 64 bit issue! PLEASE give us the 64 bit client/Server soon! A friend of our is having the same issue and just stopped playing after 12 years! Don't know if he'll come back. If he finds something better and more stable, he'll probably stay, which is sad.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Did you happen to read the notes in the Road Map for July?