Focused Priest Feedback

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Xelgad, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owli Member

AS A WARDEN I WOULD LIKE MY TREE TO STAY AS IT IT PERHAPS MAKE IT TALLER.

THE REASON FOR THIS IS BECAUSE WHEN ADDS COME I LIKE TO PUT MY TREE UP TO MARK WHERE THEY ARE AND I LIKE MY FAIRY BC IT LOOKS CUTE AND FITS MY AVATAR NICELY

THANKS
  2. Ragefighter New Member

It would be pretty cool if there was more involvement in what deity was chosen. That could go for all classes though

If they do anything to odyssey, they should make it bind-able(cast-able out of group,again, would be nice too!) to a different location than the "Call of" spell so you can call to somewhere else. (I do use that spell to call to my house in Gorowyn where I put all my portals and buff clicky items + guild hall door and crafting tables). Plus you can cast it on people before they loot something in raid and send them home!! (jk of course)

most of the stuff has been said (for inq at least)

Inquisition needs work
    Divine recovery could use a change
    maybe tweek punishments

Anything to allow more choices in spec would be nice. The cleric tree is a good place to start looking. Give me a reason to pick other lines.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

All of the healer death saves could use a boost. The amount of health they return is abysmal as is the duration. Compare then to any of the death saves the fighters have themselves and prepare to be underwhelmed.
  4. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Agreed and reuse is garbage...especially when doing hm encounters where red text joust/death hits are on a regular short recast timer (between 45 sec's to 1 minute).
  5. Owli Member

Agree, also there should be a clear definition of what each healer class is supposed to do. I think Inquistors are too strong atm.

They can debuff, parse 700k dps, fastest cures, 6 sec death saves, 24 second I win heal and verdict, seems a bit OP when compared to other healer classes.
  6. Gobshight New Member

Inquisitors

First things first; 1) FIX INQUISITION 2) SWITCH THE CB AND POT BONUSES ON THE PRESTIGE TREE.

Now for the nice to haves;
    1)The ability to duel wield, as a dps healer it'd be nice to be doing even more dps.

2) Some kind of damage proc is added to Divine Guidance either so damage is dealt for ever hit received (like CI) or damage is dealt when group members do damage.

P.S. as for the duel wielding, it doesn't have to be exclusively for inqs, it could / should be available for all the melee healers (wardens, mystics and inqs) perhaps it can be part of A lines or prestiges, and so its not too OP when it's specced (or caast if its a buff) it has a detrimental effect to heal like Reckless has to a tank's damage received).
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Two-handed vs one-handed is what healers get for more dps. There is no good reason to give healers a stance similar to reckless that makes them nearly useless as healers and turns them into pseudo-dps class.
    If you want to play a dps class, then roll one, don't try to turn your healer into a dps toon. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy dpsing on my warden and I regularly out-parse the inquissy in my raid, but I think a 'reckless-like' stance for healers is a horrible idea.
  8. MindNumb New Member

Inquisitor:

Inquisition: Change to radiate from player, increase recast to 2min base, utilize caster's stats
    Punishments: Utilize casters stats, not targets stats, decrease base healing by 50%
    Maladroit: Change to debuff weapon damage bonus or AE attack
    Hasten Interrogation: Add component that cures 1 level of current movement impairing effects.

All healers:
    Blue AoE Detaunt: Add threat position detaunt. Enhance version can add an additional position.
    Ward proc gear: Limit to 3 types (aegis, deathless, revered lands) multiple items with similar procs do not stack but increase the effectiveness of ward by say 10% per additional piece. Much like what was done in TSO with Goblin Bane/Void Bane and most recently augmented smite/blessing.
  9. Amagonz New Member

I thoroughly enjoy the dps aspect of a healer it adds a challenge, makes the class more fun and versitile
    If you don't want to be a dps/healer class roll a temp / defilier and heal mt group
  10. Cinnder New Member

FURY
    1) Brambles AOE detaunt - meaningless without a position drop + the AA gives reuse when reuse is almost certainly maxed. So perhaps AA should decreased position?
    2) Ring of Fire and Call Lightning - do not crit and therefore do not use crit bonus (not sure if it uses potency?). Additionally they have no suvivability. So they are never cast - as they do no appreciable DPS and just die. I suggest letting them use the casters CC and CB and changing the AA from reuse (which will be capped) to an AOE prevent for them. One warning....they shouldn't become "true pets" as they would then use group buffs like VC and become overpowered.
    3) Death Save - Priest deathsaves should return more health.
    4) Rezes - Druid rezes are awful....the Fury rez is clearly aimed at mages (+intelligence) and Warden at melee classes. Why not give no rez sickness if a Fury Rezes mages/priests and a Warden scouts/fighters & enhance the power they return slightly!!. Making them at least situationally useful
  11. Healface Active Member

First of all - thank you for the opportunity to provide some class feedback.

Defiler

1) Dog needs better survivability. It is very annoying to resummon all the time.

2) Deathsave should not only proc once, I have removed it from hotbar after changes

3) Ritual of Alacrity is useless since stats are maxed - also you should be able to cast it on yourself

4) The AA's which lower reuse time of AOE fear, Group stifle cure etc should have a different effect since you are maxed anyway

If these things could be looked at and tweaked for the better, the class would be more fun to play.
  12. Daalilama Well-Known Member

TEMPLAR (CONT.)

Overconfidence: This initial endline in the templar tree reads "Reduces awareness of other encounters calling for help" is essentially useless. TBH as far as I know no templar has ever specced into this extremely situational ability (the fact that regardless in raid or doing group zones this has no use at all currently) as such suggest this initial endline be changed to something more useful for templars maybe along the lines of a static buff, say something like a flat 5%-10% boost to all heals/reactives/wards or 10% - 15% boost to all damage.

Soul Corruption: Templar tree, SF endlines, this ability adds an intelligence debuff component to smite corruption. TBH at this stage in the game stat debuffs (with the exception of max HP debuffs) are garbage and the amount debuffed in conjunction with the standard wisdom debuff component of smite corruption just makes this ability completely meaningless but costing aa. Suggest changing this ability to increase the damage of smite corruption by 2% per point for a total of 10% boost in damage. Still not a make or break ability better than it was and not so completely worthless if aa's were sunk into it.

Glory: This spell places a group heal proc on the target, 1 con slot used, 2 freed up so 2 members in group can have this ability. Any chance of changing this ability to be group wide (if can still cost 2 concentration slots).
  13. Arxon New Member

Agree with above stated but you are overlooking loot of other useless aa in current state of game.
    Shaman aa - stamina line is completely useless 2k unconcious hp and recovery less power cost for cures does nothing also the int line is outdated.
    In defiler tree curseweaving and hexation being useless also all debuff aa reducing resistibility are outdated. However my main concer is Soul Ward, till TSO it was really great emergency spell but now I can ward same ammount with my single target ward without reducing my hp, we need this updated. I can imagine dmg reduction attached to it or stoneskin to make it real and useful emergency ward in current content.

AA aside what defilers really need is smth to shine in compare to mystics, in current content they can heal almost same as defilers while providing tons of utility and their higher personal dps. Obvious answer to that would be another ward like u gave us in prestige aa. However in current content full of unwardable dmg we really don't need another ward to expire on tank while he's in red. More tools like stoneskin or dmg reduction is the way, especially after you nerfed our death prevent.
    However I see is current shammies big issue is not way to mitigate constant interrupts that are attached to almost every aoe this combined with long cast times shammies ( especially defiler, cause mystic can get uninterruptable grp ward ) have is really frustrating.
  14. Frezzy Member

I raid on an inquisitor, and I'll separate my feedback into two sections. First, I'll give the stuff this thread seems to ask for in the OP (annoyance factors, no big impact on balance).

#1 - Make interrogation teleport us if we're outside melee range (5m) instead of current value (10m).

#2 - Make fanatacism and yaulp simply stop providing benefits if we run out of power, rather than getting removed. It's annoying to recast them just because I hit zero power for one second.

#3 - Make tenacity persist through death. This would be a nice change for many classes that have had single target buffs made into group buffs.

#4 - Let people accept the rez from supplication of the fallen zonewide. This is all priests, and it's an out of combat spell anyway, so I really don't see a reason not to. Just for clarity, I'm fine with keeping a max range on casting it, and even on the affect radius. I'm just tired of needing to run in a big circle to collect people who get the "caster is too far away" message.

Now a few things that could potentially affect class balance:

#1 - Change Prepared Defenses to either (A) apply regardless of the target's current health or (B) only prevent damage that would take a person below ~30% health (like the defiler prestige ward). This isn't a big problem, but I noticed it when solo healing Vallon. At the beginning of the fight, the only thing I hit to get the ward is the minion or <other add, depending on script>, then his incurable elemental aoe would hit (wiping out the ward, never endangering someone's life), and then the warchief would spawn. And it's the warchief's aoe that could kill people. You gave us an amazing defensive tool, and I'd just like a little more control over it.

#2 - Things already mentioned - Inquest, Hastened Interrogation, swapping conversions, etc.

#3 - Heal stance needs to do something that makes it worth casting. Casting and reuse speeds are worthless, so the only benefits are five CB and ten potency for heals. Woohoo. I don't even waste an AA point on the ability anymore. It needs to provide either a HUGE increase to stats or some unique effects. Examples: reduced BASE casting and reuse on beneficial spells (a lot, not the 15% in there now) or some type of warding added to our heals. This could be exploited by switching stances in combat, so consider removing the ability to cast them during a fight.

That's all I have for inquisitors. We're pretty solid right now. On behalf of other healers though, I think there's one change you could make that would relieve TONS of headaches. Make the interrupt immunity from steadfast an innate ability for all priest classes. Leave the stifle immunity as something that only clerics can get (and possibly add something new to steadfast to make up for this), but I really think this would be a good change. It's not going to change class balance in any significant way, and it would remove one of the things that makes me want to punch a hole in my screen when I'm playing my shaman or warden. Leave in the requirement of standing still, and possibly even make it require a longer time before the effect applies, but please just get rid of interrupts. I would totally take this on my paladin too, but that's not as big of a problem.
    Dhalkar likes this.
  15. Wigg Member

Sorry, just had this idea for my Templar and wanted to add it. Will give my other feedback on all the healers later.

GLORY - This ability is almost useless as it never procs at the right time. BUT, a good way to make it worth using would be this:

On combat hit, may cast Glory Imbued on Templar, triggers 1 time a minute (remember you can cast it on multiple people)-
    Last for 8 seconds

Glorified heals
    Cast time: 1 second (affected by casting speed, so .5 seconds cap)
    Reuse: Instant
    Recovery: Instant
    Heals group members for X damage (something close to the group heal for each level associated with it)
    Remove Glorify imbued from Templar

This would make glory a, "OMG groups about to die bc my group heal is down. Don't worry, we are saved bc this proced before the AE and I have another group heal." As it stands, I usually am using AE immunity, repent the tank, and tell my group, "Sucks to be you! Rez inc in 5..."

16. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I agree its timing goes off at the wrong times however when it does go off decent heal...but with that in mind if I'm reading this you want to change glory into a templar only buff that would proc a group heal procing 1X a minute...interesting idea however proc rate is garbage tbh...even at 3X a minute it can be iffy especially in the realm of a challenged mode fight. Have to think about this bit more but good basis to start a discussion on it....
  17. OverDoze Member

in this post i will discuss my main class which is a mystic
    in pvp my wards or how potency works or any other stat is broken how can my not only mastered umbral ward and huge amounts of stats last for a single hit and melt away not even making it available to cast and relying on more straight healing then actually doing what my class specifys it breaks my ability to use combat arts and im already stressed enough
    my experience in a game of ganak was a score of 18 and 10 we ran out of time in the battle and the two fighters who had the flag stood in the middle for the entire game with about equal amount of healers on either side and good lord thank you for the time limit i wanted to stop healing mid way just to make the game progress and let them win but i took a minute and thought hard on what could happen.
    one allowing me to ward more so i can do dmg and rely on runic armor or anything to break the stale mate
    two not ending a game with both teams holding the flag with a score difference of almost nothing
    three putting a thing that the flag bearer will take increased dmg over time or a progressive dot that kills you after a said number of time like gears allowing others and not that person to pick the flag up again
    people would be happier maybe if the content patch boosting the drinal gear would boost the pvp gear aswell i honostly dont want to run pve dungeons and do quests to farm one hit mobs for armor and weapons i see no challenge in 6 mans even as lowly geared as i am id rather work on team objectives and provide aid to teams but my class is so broke im not sure what to do
    we need new battlegrounds id love to see more things that would challenge me make friends create enemies and adventure in cunning instead of ai thanks for allowing me the oprotunity to speak my mind soe but please not everyone wants to run your dungeons do your quests and be raiding your challenge would be create a better equipped player from something more challenging than these obols and essences can provide
  18. Wigg Member

Thinking more of a buff that goes on a dps that triggers a buff on you. Kinda like inquest with power except it gives you a buff. That "buff" does nothing but allow you to cast a group heal for a short time after it triggers.
  19. OverDoze Member

i read some of the posts about mystics and was thinking about sitting down and educating you on the class
    So Ghost wolf is not useless you may be a lower lvl priest or not developed enough but your ghost wolf gets a stoneskin ability while active to absorb dmg it may not be the one shot that kills you but it might will be handy also with more aa your pet wards and increases your grps atk speed if you want to blame your dmg on mystic with the right stances and combat stats then ok maybe you should spend some time educating your self with what the class is
    i agree with another post i cant believe i farmed a black star saphire for slothful spirit and picking up and wasting the plat i could have gotten for the master i found for ancestral spirit the spell its so neglegable it makes me sick honostly spirit tap or even a clarity pot could counter the mana drain
  20. Healface Active Member

I agree with your feedback, but I didn't overlook these things. I am just being realistic and providing feedback on small tweaks which can be implemented without much trouble. This is what they asked for. Also I dont PVE, so many of your points/issues arent important to me, but I understand your view on these things from general perspective.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.