Focused Priest Feedback

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Xelgad, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dhalkar New Member

I must say I agree on all of the above, especially the switch conversion of the CB / POT in Prestige, CB makes more sense for the right tree (for dps) than potency as it currently is.
  2. Dhalkar New Member

Also inquisition, it's one of the heals I use least.

I don't really have any idea how to improve/change it though, but some of the ideas other's have brought up sounds good; maybe a buff or something similiar.

Anyway as it is now I've found very little reason to try and keep it maintained on a boss for example.
  3. Amagonz New Member

The reason why inquisition doesn't work is because it doesn't Crit or use the Priests stats.
    That needs to change to make this ability and the inquisitors punishments functional
  4. Jezes Active Member

No, don't touch that. I like having it 10 for some fights, like avatars, where people have to either be stacked on top of a specific archetype or spread out. It's just easier to proc the ward at 10 without having to move around too much.
  5. Smite Active Member

Firstly, I agree with most of the constructive Inquisitor feedback in this thread aimed toward the Developers. That said, I'd like to contextualize (echo) some parts that have already been stated from my own perspective.

The Inquisitor at lvl 95 is fun and has quite a lot of access to almost anything in the game they would like to attempt (solo, duo, molo, 6x, and 24x).

1. Inquisition: It only provides a substantial contribution in select 24x situations. For being the class spell it really needs to be tuned up to be more applicable to solo, group, and raid. It's not too late to adjust that.

I find that it is useful for heal parse padding in a raid setting when you're in a group/raid/content that does not require anything more than cures, divine guidance, and the occasional alleviation. Obviously for maximum effect all 24 people need to be standing on top of the mob taking regular AOEs that their group healers can't top off. When I raided in DOV x4 my heal parse + inquisition (only Inq in raid) made me equivalent heal % to the other non-MT group healers on the heal parse. That wards apply before everything else didn't really effect my contribution that much.

2. Prestige Lines at Level 95:
    • Yes please switch CB and potency although it won't be a game changer.
    • Yes, the Interrogation line is quite sweet especially with the ward cushion.
    • I will point out that the movement bonuses that others feel are marginal is probably because at endgame the obvious effects of group recovery (or subgroup in raid) getting back to the mob seems less important. That Interrogation 'ports' you to the mob makes a knockback even less punishing. That some who toy with making Inq's think that they need to Master Out the spell versions of the CA's and balance non-melee autoattack characteristics in gear to make up for 'ranged' situations exist makes this 'movement enhancement' even less appreciated.
    • The overheal side (left side) didn't seem as intuitive (or necessary) as an Inq to use while I was testing it out in 6x content. Is it really only meant to be the MT x4 Inquisitor line? If so, that's fine.
    • On the Verdict % threshold, I understand that it is conveniently located above mob 'you lose' thresholds for marginal group/raid settings but perhaps the player population doesn't know that 12% makes ones life easier on occasion? Those that are knowledgeable of their class and run content with skilled players often don't need that kind of advantage since they can DPS or outheal whatever the 10% threshold script might have in store.
    • I like the 'backstab' bonuses, group power proc on inquest, double trigger count punishments and reactives.
    3. Cleric Tree:
    • I agree that the Int line means less now that I'm sitting at 130% cast speed in non-raid COE gear. Divine Recovery would need love to make it viable. When we asked for another open AOE I was one of the Inq's running around in DOV TOFS x2 topping parses with the Undead line back when before WIS got widened to all mobs at half its original punch. I would say that Int line should give something tangible to the group, but cyclical. Rather than give a shot of NOS with cast speed (everyone is capped) why not give NOS in terms of DPS output like that of the red side in Pools of the Great Divide? Say, 5%/5% CB/Pot for 5s, then 10%/10% CB/Pot for 5s, then finishing out at 15%/15% CB/Pot for 5s instead? It would still act like a giant gas pedal like it was originally intended.
    • I think Str, Agi, and Wis endlines are fine but Sta could be tweaked to be more useful at N=6 and N=24. Say a group or raid-wide damage reduction or stoneskin?
    4. Shadows Tree:
    • I agree that the heal stance doesn't offer much in the days where we're swimming in CB, Potency, cast speed, and reuse.
    5. General:
    • I use Odyssey alot since it is a fast cast and doesn't have a timer. Can we get it so it doesn't take a ton of my power?
    • Having 100% AOEAT, 130% casting, 110% reuse, 500% multiattack, 10% flurry, and 28% avoidance with a 2H (thanks to double defense adorns), 300CC, 230CB, 250pot is just faceroll for lots of content. Since we're in power munchkin mode can we just get parry skill and become the Justicar? I heard someone ask for dual wielding and a retort that we don't need reckless but hey why not increase the tank pool?
    • When we mentor please fix the fact that 100% AOET goes to 0% rather than scaling. AOEAT is fun to mow low level content. 100% at lvl 95 and 0% at lvl 90 (no its not the non-AOE ability, I've tried to toggle it) is a mechanics slip.
  6. Smite Active Member

I went ahead and looked over my AA's again min/maxing for reuse I didn't need, etc. and forgot to mention that Maladroit (-5% MA) needs help too.

How about we turn that into the anti-DPS option to neuter mobs that it needs to be?

Adorns in DOV favored -134 Stats so I assume that -stat vs -potency already has a developer established norm. We can make Maladroit 50% hit rate or -20% potency for the mob for 30s or something OP like that. Wis used to be just Undead; tying Maladroit to a particular stat would make it pretty niche (str vs wis vs int vs agi).

If someone else has a better idea I'm open but this ability is a core terminal debuff that has been forgotten.
  7. Frezzy Member

I meant Inquisition, not Inquest. Just noticed that I mixed those up. Carry on.
  8. Frezzy Member

Pfft, you think about healing too much.
  9. Edel Member

for warden About the bug on winds of growth on raid ,devs please don't wait and check the programm code for the similar templar and defiler spell heal and add the missing space or ; to correct it.I hope to see a fix in a not far patch.
  10. Owli Member

Honestly devs, I think you really should first fix the Templar class as it really needs some love.
  11. Perkunas New Member

All i have to say to those crying about the defiler Refer to page 4 - and for the love of god if your not atleast 90-95 you're not experiencing the class to its fullist potential, any faster casting on the wards and they would be OP.
  12. Vala New Member

As a raiding Fury, give me a good 2-position de-aggro that WORKS AT a decent range of like 35 meters, 5 meters sucks and its cast time needs to be much shorter or near instant to make me happier. Getting yelled at in raid if I dare rezz anyone really is a poorly thought out priest ability given how often the mages die, give me at least a single target rezz with no sickness and decent mana restore.
    Kraeref likes this.
  13. Arxon New Member

I find it quite funny defiler lvl 94 saying that.
    To comment your suggestions and comment's of Deah's suggestions:
    1. dogdog hit rate is actually pretty bad in raid enviroment, also the cure ammount is nothing spectacular, like his dps. But that's all just result of his por hit rates
    2. I think defilers really need few tools to have slight endge over mystics in mt grp, when we are not providing all the cool utilities mystics have. Starting by unnerfing our death save and what I'd really like defilers to have is stoneskin to deal with dt or high hitting aoes. I am aware that in current easy content this might not be necessary but still its better than another ward we don't really need with all the unwardable dmg. Which bring me to Soul Ward as I outlined in my previous post this one great spell really needs upgrade, I can image dmg reduction or 1-2 triggers stonesking being attached to it to make it real emergency spell.
    3. Agree that defilers could use a dps bump, that could be dmg by increasing base dmg of ours spells and reducing durations of our dots
    4. one rez without sickness is fine
    5. yes our standart debuffs are not really great or at least usefull as they were before, my suggestion is to give us debuff simillar to MS with reasonable reuse that reduces target encounter spell dmg by 10%
    6. I reckon you don't raid much oterwise you wouldn't said that having 2k heals from totem is nice. Actually is ward but still, totem dies to every aoe or adds aoe attack or basically whatever hits it. Logical answer to it would be make it aoe immune and because it's basically a fluff pet make it share our stats.
    7. Agree with Hexation being useless in current content and Malicious spirit being great
    8. Ritual of alacrity once great utility now have have really limited field on who to cast it. Well geared tanks are close to hitting cap on reuse so they will only benefit from recovery some also from casting speed if they are not capped. Honestly I don't know have scout are close to being capped on reuse with high lvl gear but this spell could really use update. Obvious answer would be to attach dmg to it but mystics already got that, and I can see them whining about defilers getting the same, so i don't really know. I couldn't care less if it is catable on myself though.

and to Pekunas suggestion:
    1. I can live without second grp cure, however if encounter desing will tend to require higher ammount of grp cures than what we are capable to provide while having cleric in grp that, then give 2nd rgp cure to all healers.
    2. utility, we seriously lack thouse. Cb bonus buff from right prestige line is just a lame excuse for utility. It could be okish prenerf, but trying to maintan only 28cb in raid enviroment without using single target ward which is our primary heal can prove difficult and not really worth the result. Thinking about mage utility you have to bear in mind we are usually placed in grp with tank with only one mage being chanter, so rather than specifically buffing mages it could't be simple dmg procs with reasonable proc rate or smth totaly different that applies to both meele and spellcasters.
    3. I'm fine with cast time on canny that's not an issue, however constant interrupts attached to everyting and no way to mitigate it is. Due to fact shammies have the longest cast times and all the interrupts are very annoying, giving us a smth to deal with it, when all other subclases allready have their ways, seems reasonable. e.g. proc to make u immune for at least 12s to interrupts can be implementet as a replacement to Herbal expertise aa.
    4. I agree as I wrote above
    5. I don't know what is the Prismatic Barrier you are reffering to.
  14. Erage New Member

It's about time they change the normal group cures for priests to just scale with level like the normal single target cure. Certain AA's scale with the level of the spell they modify but the last group cure is now 25 levels behind and makes any cure aa's that add heals to them not scale beyond it.
  15. Amybelle Member

For Templars ... Looks like we had our moment in the sun back in EoF, but it's nice being a unicorn ... rarely seen, and a pleasant surprise if played well. :)

If the Devs could make Blessings crit, decrease the group cure to 1 or 2 second recast (typically we're grouped with a Shaman, and if they accidentally blow their one group cure when you do, the group is farked until you can ST cure everyone), increase base dps on our spells and CAs a little bit, and get Reactives to proc on multi-attacks ... that would be awesome. Not a complete fix, but it would go a long way towards making the class more functional.
  16. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I had thought Mystics were balanced enough ... but upon reading this thread and realize that we don't heal nearly as well as Templars, or DPS in the same vicinity as Inquisitors at their best ... I suppose we do need some buffs. You can do this by removing all unwardable damage again, or tweaking us to the better of your insight~!

Classes shouldn't base their value on the ineptitude of raid leaders who don't care to utilize them or progress. Healing MT group as a mystic sucks compared to that of a defiler - and healing progression without a templar is just horrible. At the rate of demanding more DPS for Defilers and Templars, healing will have to be raised for Inquisitor and Mystic ... and at that point, you might as well make them the same class. The offensive variants don't get damage reduction abilities - which are huge on raids.
  17. Koinoo Member

To preface this post, the majority of my feedback will be based on the class that I play the most, defiler. I do have one bit of feedback overall for pet using classes, however:

Swarm/Dumbfire Pets - Please do something to make these useful. Summoners, especially, have several spells that are worthless to use due to how badly these have scaled over the years. These kinds of pets also die when breathed upon and are not worth casting for the most part. There were a few times when these pets shared owner stats, which was really nice until that was removed. This request includes all of the priest temporary healing pets, as well. Please consider doing something to fix these spells!

Pet Shared Stats - All pet users would love devs if ALL owner stats were also shared with the pet! Sure, there are balance considerations around sharing 600 multi attack and sizeable amounts of autoattack enhancements with pets, but scout pets might serve a use at that point!

Now, on to the defiler class feedback from me. I want to mention that as it stands, shamans are fairly well balanced against one another. The main issue with both defilers and templars is not that the classes do not bring enough to a raid but that the need for healing inherently has a cap based on the difficulty of the content. I am fine with how defilers are currently, but the following represents a large list of changes to make our AA choices more interesting. All classes have "useless" AA lines that could use some love, so I'm definately not saying that defilers are alone in that regard.

Defiler Feedback

Shaman AA Tree
    Strength Line - The main change that I would suggest here is to add the ability for Spiritual Foresight to make the dog immune to AOE melee attacks. That should hold true for any of these types of abilities for all pet classes. Aura of Purity is a personal annoyance of mine. Random cure procs are not ideal, except in those rare situations when the shaman is under a stun or stifle effect and the dog happens to proc the cure during that time period (not often!). I'd rather see this enhance Leg Bite to have a front loaded chance to cure the group, 12.5% chance per rank in Aura of Purity (100% chance with the AA maxed). This puts more control of the cure component into the shaman's hands, while still relying on the pet to proc the effect.

Agility Line - The line is fine the way it is. If any changes were to be made, the only suggestion would be to add spell auto attack enhancements the Tribal Rage. All shamans should still be using primarily melee auto attack, but if spell auto is ever going to be useful then there needs to be enhancements added to these older AA lines for it.

Stamina Line - There was a time when this line was worthwhile. With how easy it has been to max casting speed and reuse on priests, the line has fell into disuse. Lower level shamans find some benefit. To increase the viability of this line, Herbal Expertise should be changed to affect base reuse and casting times of Cure (with tweaks downward in the percentages as needed). Coagulate is another endline that has bothered me for a while. I have had cases in the distant past when my tank or group has bounced back from death due to the extra enhancement. Sadly, the unconscious amounts have not kept up with current content very well. My suggestion were would be to make the unconscious health amount scale a tad better, perhaps set to be 7-10% of the person's max health. Alternatively, add some effect in addition to the current unconscious health amounts. For Witchdoctor's Herbal Recipe, I would go with giving this a straight bonus reuse bonus for the group cure. At max rank, the group cure could be brought down to 16 seconds base (or 8 seconds with capped reuse).

Wisdom Line - As mentioned by others, Ritual of Alacrity is quickly losing effectiveness with each level increase. If fighters and scouts ever gain the reuse amounts of priests and mages, then this ability will be mostly worthless to defilers. Mystics have gotten upgraded effects added with prestige and that is great! My recommendation here would be to add an additional effect to the Tribal Rituals Sentinel's Fate upgrade to RoA, such as a small amount of base reuse, casting speed and recovery speed. I'm intentionally not mentioning Ritual of Mind (ability reuse speed), because it still serves some purpose for lower level shaman and it would be quite powerful for this to be base ability reuse speed.

Intelligence Line - Outside of some PVP uses, this line is weak and needs a lot of changes. Rabies ticks very slowly and is really only an extra ability to toss out when everything else is down (i.e. almost never). Immunities serves very little to no use for PVE environments. Scourge's dispel mechanic is only effective on a very small set of content and the damage is overall poor. Rabid Hostility, from it's inception, has been mostly worthless. Back in Sentinel's Fate (when this AA was added) it was easy to get close to or max out casting speed. If it was base hostile casting speed, then that would be a different story. Suggestion: Scrap this entire tree and remake it from scratch to be an offensive tree for shamans. If nothing else were done for either shaman, a revamp of this line would not be a terrible idea.
  18. Koinoo Member

...continued from previous post...

Defiler AA Tree

Enhance: <debuff> - For all of the "Reduces resistability and power cost" enhancements, add a bonus to the actual debuff components of those spells. This does not include Ancient Terror (see below).

Enhance: Ancient Terror - Swap this enhancement for a new one that enhances some other defiler ability (Imprecate, one of our most used damage spells, would be a good candidate here). I think I accidentally slipped up and put points into this AA line once, but that was the only time!

Enhance: Spiritual Circle - On rank 5, make the "pet" immune to all damage for it's duration. Additionally, each rank could increase size of the base ward.

Enhance: Ancestral Avenger - With the latest nerf to the defiler death save, the spell has lost what made it unique (unlimited triggers for the duration). If that change is never going to be reversed back, change this AA to add extra triggers or a significant amount of base reuse speed reduction to this AA.

Enhance: Tendrils of Horror - At rank 5, give the target a defensive benefit (physical mitigation, etc.).

Enhance: Absolute Corruption - At rank 5, add an extra tick or reduce the duration of the spell line.

Enhance: Emergency Warding - Add a bonus to the base reuse speed for these spells.

Enhance: Voice of the Ancestors - Add a bonus to the base reuse speed for this spell. If you're feeling particularly generous, rank 5 can also add the ability to cure all noxious, arcane and physical impairments.

Enhance: Soul Cannibalize - At rank 5, add an extra tick or reduce the duration of this spell line.

Enhance: Invective - At rank 5, add a power return over time component for the person this is cast on to the proc effect. Or, some sort of offensive based bonus.

Enhance: Crystallize Soul - Add a very small trigger chance on attacks (eg. similar to Eulogy of the Fallen, Blazing Souls, Mamba of Blades, etc.).

Enhance: Terror Chant - I really don't have any ideas on this one. The hate position reduction is currently only 1 position at rank 5, but I can't think of any additions that would make this enhancement more worthwhile. Even with more positions, I doubt I would personally think about spending points here unless I were big into PVP (in which case, 1 position is enough for my purposes).

Hexation - There was a time when this debuff was extremely powerful--on content where it actually lowered the proc chance of the buffs that NPC's had. It still is powerful for the older content NPC proc mechanics. With the advent of the "X percent chance every Y seconds to <insert some effect> to a random person on the hate list", this debuff largely does nothing. It just doesn't seem to affect those types of abilities (other players who have tested otherwise, feel free to chime in here). This debuff should affect the proc rate for ALL abilities on the target, not just some. Also, the resistability debuff component hasn't been viable in current content for a very long time. Again, if I am incorrect on the usefulness of this spell in current content, please correct me!

Curseweaving - Add a small bonus to the base casting speed, recovery and reuse speed of all Cursing abilities.

Sacrificial Prayers: Change the casting time reduction to base casting time reduction. Add some sort of defensive effect at rank 5 (physical mitigation, very small ward, etc.).

Shadows AA Tree

Ally Revivification - Change this bonus to decrease the base reuse of all combat resurrection spells. Add some sort of bonus at rank 5, though I'm not sure what would help make this as desireable as other choices.
    Tribal Frenzy - At rank 5, Harbinger and Premonition become group-wide.

Ethereal Weaponry - Add spell weapon auto bonuses to this. Again, shamans primarily use melee auto attack (or should be) but it makes no sense to have spell auto bonuses missing from older AA's.

Hastened Poisoning - The problem I have had with this ability is that it stops adding to the tick damage after 4 ticks. The remaining couple of ticks do not increase. The extra damage added for those four ticks is not enough to justify not simply recasting the spell (even with Spiritwrath). Add a reduction to the duration of this line with each rank.

Ancient Bulwark - Improve base casting time, before modifications.

Heroic AA Tree
    Enhance: Ancestral Channeling - Modify this to add a chance per rank to cure ailments on the group when Ancestral Channeling is initially applied.

Enhance: Spirit Companion - Add an additional effect at rank 5 which gives a 30% chance to apply a groupwide one-shot stoneskin to the shaman's group when the stoneskin is applied to the shaman.

Spirituality - At max rank, add a stacking reduction debuff of outgoing damage to the shaman's impairment spells. Balance this so with a mystic and defiler fully debuffing a target, the outgoing damage would be reduced by approximately 10% or so.

Spiritfire - At rank 5, give a chance to apply the spell's bonuses to the shaman's group for a short duration on hostile attacks from the shaman. Also, in case it ever gets useful, add spell auto attack bonuses to this enhancement.

Totemic Protection - This ability looks really good on paper, but is terrible in practice. There are a few very small cases where this ability would shine--when the entire group is taking significant unwarded damage and the person you cast it on happens to be the brunt of most of the attacks, for example. Change this ability to be castable while under control effects and for the heal to apply to the person it is being used on as well as the group. The fact that the other two choices (Avenging Ancestors and Spirit Aegis) are so much more desireable does not help the popularity of this ability.

Defiler Prestige Tree
    Empowered Dominion - Only slight modification request here--change the mechanic so that when the defiler does cast Deathward, Death Cries or Ancient Shroud the buff decrements by 1 rather than dispelling outright.

Phantasmal Barrier - I know that this was intended to be more of a "clutch" ward, but I've honestly gotten better mileage just adding it in a macro for other spells I'm casting. Sure, the reuse is wasted a lot that way, but it has a better chance of landing on someone that needs the ward than me waiting and actively trying to use it. I haven't really liked this mechanic. I have no suggestions, outside of making it so that the reuse is not wasted if the ward is not applied to anyone.
  19. quisling Well-Known Member

^^
    This.
    I have zero idea why damage is unwardable (or in the case of clerics, "inactivable"). I'm going to assume that without any in game logic as to why this is so, making damage unwardable is simply a lazy way to make fights harder without having to think of any clever logical mechanic.
    With all the things that are in the list of templar fixes, if my reactives simply reacted to damage, life would be grand.
  20. Ainaree Well-Known Member

If they made it so Templars had a reactive that actually triggered on individual auto attacks, that would also go a long way for their raid desirability.

I find it dumb that there's an unwardable proc that will sometimes trigger 2-4x a second and just kill a tank. Not an aoe... just random bad luck. Bad luck should not be a variable on raids - raids should be a test of player skill. No priest can counter this, really.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.