Focused Feedback - UI and General Gameplay

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Caela, Nov 18, 2014.

1. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Pop-up text, be it warnings or quest related, should always always be mirrored in the chat window. It's both frustrating and disappointing when something pops up and you can't get all of it read in the blink of an eye it remains on the screen. I noticed probably a couple different times during the AoM sig line quest flavor text popped up with 4-5 lines of text to read and there's just no way to catch it all before it goes away.
    Malleria
    This ^^ a thousand times. I find this very frustrating.
  2. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Three more ideas:
    • A "junk" box to put anything which is accessible by anyone who has house privileges. Great for people who have multiple accounts but only one computer and unable to dual-box as a way to trade between characters on different accounts.
    • Make achievements in chat screen announcements clickable so we can look it up and know what that achievement was for.
    • Allow the common materials that replace normal harvests while crafting be added to the harvest depot.
  3. Livejazz Well-Known Member

[quote="Gulaep, post: 6158933, member: 705493]
    • Make achievements in chat screen announcements clickable so we can look it up and know what that achievement was for.[/quote]
    I won't say they all are, but I have seen several that were bracketed & clickable. I agree that all of them should be; sometimes I'm out in the world & a guildie gets an achieve & I don't have time to search for it in my achievements journal, being able to click on it & quickly review it would be quite nice.
    GrunEQ and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

"Make achievements in chat screen announcements clickable so we can look it up and know what that achievement was for."
    Gulaep

This ^
    wish each achievement had something to go with them, seems kinda pointless to have them otherwise. I know I've tried on my own characters to see what the achievement meant, and there was no way to tell; at least that I could find.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Ynnek Well-Known Member

The local 'emote' notice is clickable. Kinda like a say, white text, gold achivement text, clickable, does exactly what you want. Announced to yourself, and anyone standing nearby. Often goes to an unused chat tab so nobody sees them.

The guild announcement however, does not use the achivement tags, and is thus not clickable. And this is what people see 99% of the time.

We have the technology. Someone just needs to implement it in the guild announcement text,,,

Example from in game: (the ACH links are clickable and functional)

You've earned the achievement, \aACH -396182033:Master Grimling Hunter\/a.
    Ynnek earned the achievement 'Master Grimling Hunter'.
    Pukab has earned the achievement, \aACH -396182033:Master Grimling Hunter\/a.
    Pukab earned the achievement 'Master Grimling Hunter'.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Livejazz like this.
  6. Prismatica New Member

- complete rework of the AA panels, its not very intuitive, particularly the AA history side scroll thing. It feels like there isn't enough description to any of the tabs and feels very clunky.
    - a group invite option when clicking on chat
    - when adding someone to friend's list, make it automatically notify and ask that person if they want to add them too
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Livejazz like this.
  7. AlienShine Member

EQ2 UI is horrible, with some mods though it becomes tolerable.
  8. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but just calling it horrible - without identifying the aspects that you find horrible - doesn't really give them a basis to change it in a manner that you desire. For example, you might suggest that they implement configurable presets (sort of like the ones that Profit UI has, but where the user can pick the abilities) and a Presets tab on the Persona window that allows dragging and dropping spells/CAs from the knowledge book into one of five slots in the Presets tab. Or you might suggest that they make font size selectable from the Options window. Or possibly even that they make the music for the game configurable by adding an option to override the zone music with a selection from the entire game's list of songs (so if you like the music from Kylong Plains (for example), you could select that and hear it instead of the default music for the zone within which you currently are adventuring / crafting).

Any of those are preferable to saying something that amounts to, "The default UI sucks, but mods make it suck less."
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear EQ1's Velketor's Labryinth music brought back somewhere. I often hear EQ1 Rivervale music in odd places, and it would be neat to hear more little snippets like that from different zones.

A UI option to "Include EQ1 themesongs" would be very neat!
    Livejazz and Rotherian like this.
  10. Livejazz Well-Known Member

O I wish I'd thought of that one! +1000 :)
  11. Wellknownmember Active Member

Not sure if anyone has said this already... but something someone said about harvests while crafting brought to mind that I can steal any crafting mat from any box. So can you. Just fail the combine and you can walk away with the rare. Should be fixed. If a toon doesn't have withdraw access, then they shouldn't get the result of failing a combine in their bags.

A harvest box log would be nice, let me know who's gulping up the mats 1000's at a time for those Raffik items. (What were they thinking?) I realize this would be tough, too many individual combines. Maybe a threshold could be instituted. Or just let me put a one-combine limit on mats (combines must total fewer than 250 mats, allowing grandmasters to be made, but not Shipwrecked timeline items). Preventing combines with thousands of mat requirements from being made in the guild hall is my preference. Then I don't need to get mad at anyone. And nobody complains to me that they can't do X because there are no mats, and then I have to spend plat for a few thousand mats... and make up the rest with ponies....

Sure, people should know better, but they don't.
  12. Wellknownmember Active Member

FYI, you can play any music you want... there's a music folder with mp3's in it... click any of them and they play in your default player. There's usually a 3 minute clip in any folder that loops in a pleasant way if you turn on "repeat." And yes, it contains EQ1 music, or similar (I dont have actual experience with EQ1, but it's named that and has a more PC music type sound).

My favorites are Wanderlust Fair, Kelethin and various Kingdom of Sky for the cheery... Mistmore and Neriak for the not so cheery... and I am thrilled I can play the "Freeport Guild Hall" music while standing in a Qeynos guild hall bc I don't like the "good" music, too brassy and shrill.

It would be awesome to have a way to select your music in-game, just as an option though. New players shouldn't have to mess with it.
  13. Rotherian Well-Known Member

TBH, that is why I bought the large harvest depot while still retaining the small one for my guild. That way we can leave the large one, which contains common harvests, where anyone (including visitors) can use those mats, while keeping the rares in the smaller one and restricting the use of those to folks with friend access or higher.

It would be better, though, if we could have the ability to set permissions by type. That way, within a single depot, we could set the common mats to visitor, the rare mats to friend, the legendary mats to whichever seems more appropriate, etc. It would also be great to have the same functionality in the personal harvest depots.
  14. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I didn't even know this existed, because I'd never looked for it & didn't think about the music being MP3 files. It would be awesome if stuff like this were made more known :)
  15. AlienShine Member

Should have said more, you are right.
    However, all of the things are listed here so a confirmation is welcome I would assume.

• The tiny target window is one of my big annoyances.
    • Pinpoint accuracy to move an action bar is not from this time.
    • Autoattack bar takes way to much screenspace.
    • Spel icons, way to many similar icons across the board, not handy when learning a new class.
    • Red, green and blue spell colors are not universally used (single, encounter and open aoe)
    • When playing hybrid character, switching to ranged/melee autoattack is a pita.
    • Inviting people from chatchannel, not possible. What ?! (need to type the name)
    • Changing AA's, I'm not gonna say anything. Still borked, seriously ?
    • No separate action bars for the different AA builds. Makes me having unused icons on my bar. (Rift did this great)
    • No in-game way to see what your gems are doing with your armor piece. Really, no preview function ?
    That's all for now :)
  16. Gharyn Well-Known Member

A way to resize the raid window would be nice. And if I could put the spell effects next to a person's name, even better. Would make it easier for doing callouts,such as Grevog in Highhold.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Right-click on the raid window and choose advanced (or extended?, expanded?).. it will add space next to each name for each type of detriment. You may have to pull the raid window wide enough to see it.
  18. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I do that. I want it bigger overall.
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Is there a way to tell the game to can the music if you tab to a different window as well? If not, that would be a nice addition. I'd like to tab out and check other things that use audio sometime and it just keeps right on playing it's stuff.
  20. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Options (Advanced) -> Sound -> Volume -> Mute All on Minimize.