First impressions of the new EQ2 Players

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-0naoko0, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Lets not get into the right or wrong reasons for hiding alts. Everyone has their preference and as such should be allowed to execute that preference. Hiding alts does not make you evil, nefarious, a bad guy or a theif. Not hiding your alts doesn't make you special, better or anything. Its merely a preference. So lets get back to the topic at hand.
    Please return to us the functionality that we had with the previous site, including:
    • The ability to look up alts (and the ability to hide alts on a per-character or account basis)
    • The ability to sort by colums
    • Far more than 5 per page on the guild roster (seriously, how did this even remotely make it past QA?)
    • ALL the leaderboards we had before, including Best of Class
    • Guild chat that is bigger than a business card
    • No more crashing in game
    Etc., etc., etc....
  2. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

As was the case previously, I think it odd to have players in Guild Chat who aren't actually playing the game with us. As it stands anyone who uses this feature is effectively in stealth. Unless they converse. Even then, there is no in-game indication others are present. Was there a specific reason for guild chat to function this way?
    Also, is the Guild Chat feature now an extension of the Station Launcher in some way? While experiementing in Guild Chat, I received /tells from those who had me on their Community lists. While I did have to type: /tell ServerName.CharacterName for replies, I was still surprised that player-to-player /tells worked at all.
  3. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

Viewing alts is one of the main reasons I go to EQ2Players. When there is a character on LiveGamer that has an item in its inventory I /drool over, or if a character got discovery for that item, but that specific character either a) doesn't log on because it's on LiveGamer or b) hasn't logged on for a while, I look at their alts (if it's not locked) to see if any of them have appeared in Norrath recently. A good portion of the time, the character had been forgotten about, left behind, or replaced... or in the LiveGamer case, if the listing has expired, I can try to get in contact with the owner to arrange a deal about the item. Yeah, yeah, the word 'item' is actually 'book,' but I'm trying not to make this sound like it's something that only I do!... right? d:
  4. ARCHIVED-Mezza Guest

I didn't realize this change was happening but hey congratulations on such a waste of time. The old site was functional and I didn't mind paying the extra for the additional info. It really beggars belief how bad this "upgrade" is. So bad, it's actually laughable.
    I would have loved to have been at the meeting where this was showcased and some idiot said "Hey thats great!". Better yet, I am guessing other people were in attendance and agreed lol.
  5. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

I just went to eq2players for the first time since the changes were made, and it is just ....laggy...wow..the website is like the game now!
    When I go to look at a guild's roster, I see 5 characters at a time. You can't sort like you could before on the old site.
    IMO, there was nothing wrong with the old site, and it was much more user friendly. Switch it back, please!
  6. ARCHIVED-Goradim Guest

Can't find anything on the new page
    Where can I find the lists of skills/spells for a specific class? I'm considering to betray and need to know which skills I must get rares for, and how many etc.
  7. ARCHIVED-0naoko0 Guest

Psia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Why do you think it's odd? I use it all the time, for legitimate reasons. It would be cool if you did show up in the guild list, but with some kind of indication that you're using the web chat and not the game client. Although this is more of a game dev thing than a web dev thing :). Also, if someone has you in their friends list, they see you as online when using the guild chat.
  8. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

bah double post
  9. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

DarkViper wrote:
    I think it would go a LONG way in restoring community faith if perhaps we could have an estimated target date for the next build. Soon (tm) doesnt cut it when youve taken functionality away...
  10. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

I suggest a boycott of guild recruting to get this issue solved in hours, not days or weeks or months. I employ all guild leaders to halt any new recruting into their guild untill we get our alts back. There are other problems with the page yes but this one of removing our alts seems to be on the top of most of our lists.
    This move of asking us what we want and what we use was nice but then to ignore our repeted requests and do what you wanted showed total disrespect and ill-reguard to your player base. If your not going to listen to your player base and do what you want reguardless of our requests then why bother asking us? It was a slap in the face! Shame on you SOE!
    If you were unable to get these requests done and the page right the first time then why release it just to tick off most of your player base? Why not postpone it and take the time to get it right rather than handing us this worthless page and expecting a pat on the back for a job well done? You have really agg'd a large number of ppl in this move and it should have never been allowed.
    our old page was just that, old; but it worked it served it's functions and provided us with the info we needed and used in game.
    This new page is flashy looks nice and is not worth a darn! It' more about Station Cash and Advertising than it is about our functionallity. This change is very obvious that it was not done with the player in mind but rather the pocketbook of SOE.
    Signed,
    Disgruntled Player
  11. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Avianna@Butcherblock wrote
    That is why they made it free. SOE knew that paying customers would quit spending money for the site in its current format.
  12. ARCHIVED-2live Guest

Unable to do anything as guild leader for any of the guild admin links...
  13. ARCHIVED-obnoxa Guest

Wow, new site stinks; particularly the alt search and guild roster parts.
    No need to echo what everyone else has said so I'll just add my name to the list of head-shakers.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

The only answer we got from the devs is a beat around the bush way of saying we don't care about the features you wanted but we'll get them in there sometime in the next build.... But BOY HOWDY! the station cash page sure loads fast and no problems with that one! Open your eyes to the big picture here. I am all about SOE making money hand over fist I have no problem with that what-so-ever; but when I am asked as a player what I want to see from this site and 90% of the player base says they want to be able to view alts and then it is ignored . That my friends is a slap in the face!
  15. ARCHIVED-0naoko0 Guest

Avianna@Butcherblock wrote:
    I never said anything about that... I honestly think those features should've been here on release.
    I'm extremely frustrated with the way the new website turned out, I'm not disputing that. That doesn't make your guild recruitment boycotting thing any less of a bad idea.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

then stand up and do something about it. Throwing all that tea into the ocean was a waste of good tea too but for a bad idea it sure got a speedy reponse.
  17. ARCHIVED-nickinoonaa Guest

No sir! , I dont like it!!
  18. ARCHIVED-Zkinea Guest

The functionality of this site especially for guild leaders has gone down the tubes. Why bother asking us what features we use the most if you are going to leave them out!
    As a guild leader, I have paid extra for the services since it was offered so I can look at recruits and their alts. I was hoping for more functionality such as guild history and instead we get less.
    As far as guild roster, why would soe think this is what we want to see? The sortablility, the column headers, the ability to see the whole roster, I mean how could anyone think that these things wouldnt be missed?
    How long are we going to have to wait for the next build? aka fixing the things that shouldnt have been allowed to be broken in the first place.
  19. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

OK, just discovered something else that I dont' think has been addressed... the darn thing don't work on smaller screens (how is it supposed to work with small screen like ipod?)
    I try to scroll through my alts list and cannot get past the number that is shown in the dropdown, which is abreaviated because when I'm using my laptop it is shorter. Screen size works fine with everything else - including the game. One think I hate about all this fancy stuff - the dymanic elements don't do thing like scroll to items off the screen.
    I used to teach disabled people how to use the internet. This would NOT be a site someone would negotiate with a screen reader or adaptive keyboard (ie. no mouse) especially those dropdown lists - I tried to scroll down with both keyboard and mouse. Sometimes I think we need ADA for the internet, today's web pages get so frustrating.
  20. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Siskiyou wrote:
    Well I might not have any disablity, but this new style website is the sort that I just try and avoid for most of the reasons you have covered above.
    I tend to (sneakily) browse the web at work with java and images turned off and an enforced black on white colour scheme. I notice that the new site is even worse than the old for not having alternative text for hyperlinked images, therefore I can type stuff in the input boxes, but cannot find the 'submit' button as nobody thought to set the alternative text!
    Funny enough the new site has done me at least one favour... I finally got the courage to install RosterMaster on my serverspace!
    Wonder if they could code an 'all servers all characters' version or at least an alternative front end for searching for characters and guilds.