First impressions of the new EQ2 Players

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-0naoko0, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-thorn Guest

Try looking up all dwarf berzerkers lvl 80 on unrest or any class or race without a name, impossible to do now with the new search option. Nice going.
  2. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

The bit with the guild member listing is still way messed up. It is still showing like 4 people per page. Paging isn't a bad idea, but how about something like 50?
    If you need to make it compatable for the small screen, then use some type of dymanic variable that checks for browser/connection type or screen resolution and then assigns the number of records returned at that time.
    There is also no sorting of a guild listing at this time, and as near as I can tell the records returned are in no particular obvious order.
  3. ARCHIVED-little Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    me too.
    my character is thress. but lists over 7 characters.
    I play sebilis.
  4. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

The ads work beautifully.
  5. ARCHIVED-fergusnutzak Guest

Character search; under PVP there's no numbers listed????
  6. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

Sorry, I didn't see this mentioned, so maybe it's not as big of a problem for others -- why was the wheel reinvented for the drop-down menu? Instead of regular ol' <select><option></option></select>, there's an image + a manually added box at an absolute positioning to make a slightly fancier-looking drop-down menu... but for me, the drop-down menu part is at least 100px off, usually more. *boggle*
  7. ARCHIVED-Qanyena Guest

them drop down menus are a pain so is the fact the select boxes part way down the page show right through the drop down menus. Hence my previous post about not using a web design team who actually knows css/xml/html well enough to design the site for more than 1 browser etc.
  8. ARCHIVED-0naoko0 Guest

Siskiyou wrote:
    Please avoid encouraging them to give the guild roster page a set number. That would suck just as much as it does now.
    Can't we please have a drop down or some kind of option to choose how many are displayed? In increments of 25 maybe, including an option to "show all"?
  9. ARCHIVED-ruperick Guest

Everything is cool except the leaderboards. Why would they leave out class specific rankings, like highest meele hit for an Assassin ect ect? That is stupid, so all the high meele hits go to brawlers now, great idea SOE.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Aurelis wrote:
    Welcome to Web 2.0, aimed at Web Users 2.0 (i.e. people who grew up with the web, as opposed to those of us who remembers how IRC was there before MSN, Mosaic was there before Internet Explorer, and MUDs are the ancestors to EQ2
    Funny thing BTW: your HTML code actually renders (as an empty dropdown) in this compose window
    I communicate using:
    Smoke signalsWeb 1.0Web 2.0
    The amount of issues in this custom forum software never ceases to amaze me... Why is this supposed to be a better option than the former Lithium platform, or vBulletin as used by the majority of other MMORPGs out there? (sorry, getting sidetracked there.)
  11. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

Bwuaha -- how cute! It turned into a drop-down box in the quotation. I must store this information for the future, in case it ever comes in handy.
    Sometimes, I wonder if I'm just deprecated mentally. I'm still accustomed to B for bold, I for italics... not this Strong, Emphasis, etc. babble. I know, I know, I go back through anything I do and try to remember to switch things to the newfangled language... But honestly. At least my drop-down menu, empty as it was, dropped down directly below, instead of over thar. *points randomly* d:
  12. ARCHIVED-Kendricke Guest

AA windows aren't working: The opening AA for all basic class trees repeats twice. In addition, the lines do not present in a manner consistent with the in-game UI (AGI tree is first listed, STR tree is third, etc). AA points spent total do not add up correctly (unless you know a lot of players with 479 AA points).
  13. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

Page 1 of 523 (in a guild of 2,612 members) OK folks, you don't think anything is wrong with five (5) records per page? If I needed to talk to an officer of the guild, I'd have no way to sort or filter to see if any were on. I'd be shouting in chat, "if there an officer of .... " and hope that someone was actually listening.
    The guild I'm in (Highkeep Heros - Nagafen) has only 36 pages, but I still haven't figured out even which order the members are listed - and why does it give the date that they joined? That's not accurate as for the actual time in the guild anyway, so why have it? I haven't figured out those other numbers yet.. (as there are no headings)
  14. ARCHIVED-AweienWillowind Guest

THIS
    requiring a name in Advanced Search (there's a joke) to search for any other choice.

thorn wrote:

Any information on when SOE is actually going to fix any of the issues in full?
    Revert back to the old site until this is fully functional. How is this fair making us beta test an entire web site.
  15. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

Siskiyou wrote:
    Yes having 5 members per guild page, problem. The old way was much better. You could sort by class by leader, by all kinds of stuff the new site, well is very hard to navigate and takes to long to do anything its very not user friendly.
  16. ARCHIVED-Gerlinde Guest

I haven't taken the time to read each and every entry, but it appears from the number of replies that I'm not the only one experiencing problems.
    My browser frequently locks up whenever I do something as simple as type in a player's name for more information. Generally the navigation appears to be sluggish and if I don't lock up or crash it just takes much longer than necessary to get where I'm going.
    Some of the things I thought quite nice on the old site are missing here. The ability to quickly and easily filter through a guild's roster by name, position or class is noticeably absent here. The roster appears to list members randomly and you can no longer quickly pull up a profile.
    The new site might look nice, but it's not working.
  17. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

LOL my favorite part of the new site is how when you get to an error page you are stuck and have to quit IE LOL.
  18. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

Hum, something I noticed this evening. If you click the alt list for a character off of their profile page, the alts listed do not show their guilds - even though there is a heading for guild.
    I think someone forgot a bit of code there.
  19. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

1. Unable to view my own discoveries
    2. The graphics view of level history is incorrectly labelled on the horizontal axis.
    3. Signatures appear to be using column names instead of english names for things.
  20. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

I just don't know why we dont go back to the old version, until they can make this pos work.