Finding Who to Kill for Love Notes, etc.

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Sharp Shooter, Feb 6, 2016.

1. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Try Palace of Ferzhul for the two void ones; I couldn't get them to drop until I ventured in there.
  2. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I'm down to one - Brokenskull. I've done several solos and advanced solos, spent time in contested and heroic Brokenskull Bay. This one is taking hours longer than any of the others. The others were fun, going to zones I hadn't done in a while. This one has long passed the fun part. Just another example of the RNG taking the fun out of playing, like most of this expansion.
  3. Aivet Well-Known Member

Try heading out to Brokenskull Rock in Moors of Ykesha (be prepared for a very long baloon ride). I got one after killing about 15 of the mobs there.
  4. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Spent about an hour there before I went to Brokenskull Bay. Doesn't matter where you go when the RNG is against you.
    Kittybock likes this.
  5. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Brokenskull have been a pain for me as well. Got plenty of Troll hard candy from them.
  6. Aivet Well-Known Member

Ah, fair enough. Clearly, romance isn't encouraged in the Brokenskull ranks :p

My personal goal is to get one of each type of note/candy available. I'm down to 3 left: immolated dalghar, immolated gnemlin, and flaming hard candy. The immolated ones I'm not worried about, plenty of mobs around for them. But the flaming hard candy, I've not seen one of those yet, and I'm getting *really* sick of the deep forge.
  7. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Finally got a Brokenskull one to drop in Brokenskull Bay. After that I went for the lizardman one and got it after about 15 kills LOL.

Just two more of these achievements to complete.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I went to Moors of Ykesha and killed Brokenskull pirates there.
  9. Jrel Well-Known Member

Omg, I just got a hard candy drop outside Shard of Love after two days.
  10. Terron New Member

Looking for goblins in Velious for Burning Passion in a frigid land. Can't remember any.
    Are there any drolvarg other than in shadowed corridors?
  11. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Goblins anywhere will update it, Runnyeye has lots. Kylong Plains is a good place for drolvarg.
  12. Crocodile New Member

So just to confirm the only place to kill Immolated Gnemlin is caves near Maldura (thought they were just Dhalgar but tbh never looked closely) or District of Ash,etc?

Last one I need now.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I need one of those as well...gnemlin love note! lol Taking forever.

Had same issue with Ykeshan Trolls.... Guess I'll just rampage Moors: "Kill 'em all and let Daybreak sort 'em out"
  14. Caela Well-Known Member

Ettin will be the death of me. I only know of the ones in Eastern Waste.... you would think with two heads they would have more candy on them.

I should have saved giant and orc for the area, then I would have been more productive :)
  15. Raenius Well-Known Member

These conscript-mobs in Feerott also drop those for Ettin`s. They are around the first pyramid in the south where those 2 bridges are - mine dropped from them within the first 5 kills.
  16. Terron New Member

That does not seem to be correct. In Runnyeye they drop goblin love notes but the achievement requires goblin hard candy
  17. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice that the goblins had notes AND candy. I think I got mine from my pack pony so I didn't have to go looking for them.
  18. Aivet Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as goblin hard candy.
  19. Caela Well-Known Member

The game hates me. I've known for a long time the RNG does not favor me - yes, I've lost a roll when the other person rolled a 2.

Tonight, I'm trying to finish these achievements, and need the Gehein one... Hubby says they are all around the spires in Obol Plains. I go there, and I see other people fighting them, but I'm always too late. Finally everyone clears out, and I wait and wait and wait for them to spawn. Nada. Half hour. No spawn. Go to the heroic Harrow's End. Kill all the Gehein in there. No drops. Go back to the spire. Wait another half hour - no spawns.

Then I get hubby to group with me and come out to OP... he CoV's to me (it works, so maybe the game doesn't hate me afterall) and he says "They are everywhere - they are surrounding you". Yet on my screen, and my tracking, nothing. He is able to kill them, and I only see them after he has attacked them, and of course at lvl 100, they don't last but a half a second, and I'm able to loot the candy/note.
  20. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Those mobs are quest mobs and only show up for people who haven't done the quest they're connected to. Thankfully, unlike a few quest mobs I've run across, those do show up once aggro'd and are lootable so as long as you can find someone who will group with you and spawn them, you're golden.