Finding Who to Kill for Love Notes, etc.

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Sharp Shooter, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Sharp Shooter Member

I am working on the Burning Passion in a Frigid Land. I can't find which Dwarves I can kill to get the Love notes. Have looked in Great Divide, Icy Fingers, Cobalt Scar, Frozen Shadows, Forgotten Pools, Ascent, Eastern Wastes, Cobalt Scar, and Withering Lands. I have killed many Coldain Dwarves - but no drops of notes - and it is killing my thurgadin faction. I am sure there are dwarves that I am allowed to killl but as of now - had no luck. I have completed all the other items in this and Kunark.

Thanks ahead of time
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Try doing some of the other achievements. I noticed, for instance, that killing mushroom men in GFay updated the Thalumbra ones.
  3. Dellmon Active Member

I received my dwarf hard candy update from "a Redbeard chaplin" in Loping Plains. I also saw it drop from some of the city guards (non-Barbarian ones) in New Halas.

The ghost dwarves in Loping Plains had no faction hit - but - the New Halas guards do.
  4. Sharp Shooter Member

Thanks Dellmon - also you can get it from the Holiday Harvest of your Gathering Pony. I am down to 7:

I have killed many only to find they do not give any love notes - I have been unlucky with the immolated gnemlins and dhagars/

Gehein
    Aerakynn
    Honor Elf
    Ykeshan
    Voidman
    Immolated Dhagar - In Caves near Maldura - no luck so far
    Immolated Gnemlin - In Caves Near Maldura - no luck so far

If anyone KNOWS - please comment - thanks Anyone else need any - I will be glad to post where the others are.
  5. Dellmon Active Member

All of the drop information for any of hard candies or love notes that I have gotten I have loaded into the Dragon's Armory / EQ2U loot repository via the ACT plug-in. I used this as I hunted and updated my own kills / drops as well.

You can search for any of the items I have gotten here:
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/item_search

I am down to only the immolated dhalgar love note myself so every other one will be in the loot search for where I found it plus where others have as well...
  6. Aivet Well-Known Member

Gehein: if you've done the questline in Obol Plains to clear out the gehein, then the only place I've found them is Harrow's End Heroic dungeon. If you haven't done that questline, the gehein around the wizard spire in Obol Plains drop them.
    Aerakyn: Northwest most island in Vesspyr Isles
    Honor Elf: New Tunaria. I don't think the "a tunarian" mobs drop them, but tunarian guards definitely do.
    Ykeshan: The Guk Drop off point in moors of Ykesha has a bunch of mobs that drop them. The froglok ones only seem to drop an undead froglok note, but the troll mobs do drop them.
    Voidman: Took me ages to get this one. I had to do a bunch of zones like anchor of bazuul to get one to drop, but I think the blademavens in stonebrunt highlands drop them.

Haven't got to the Immolated ones yet, so couldn't say.
  7. Sharp Shooter Member

Aerakyn down - did try that location earlier -but this time I killed over 100 before getting it to drop. Thanks
  8. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I took an alt up to the spires in Obol Plains that hadn't done the questline. The Gehein are there for her. My main couldn't see them until the first one aggro'd them. If you've done the questline, perhaps some kind soul will volunteer to spawn them for you. I left my alt up there on Skyfire just in case.
    Aivet likes this.
  9. Sharp Shooter Member

Honor Elf Found - Thanks again
  10. Sharp Shooter Member

Great hint for Gehein - Had my Wife's Toon Bring them out :)

Killed about 40 Ykeshan Trolls Yesterday - no luck - first one today - got it.
  11. Sharp Shooter Member

12. Sharp Shooter Member

Did Anchor of Bazuul to get Voidman.
  13. Sharp Shooter Member

Only need Dhalgar Love Note - Working on it
  14. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Do you need to be mentored down for lower levels for them to drop?
  15. Aivet Well-Known Member

Nope, they'll drop even if they're grey.
  16. Raenius Well-Known Member

If anyone has trouble finding Wood-elves: kill green hoods in Zek - most of them are wood-elf.
  17. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I happened to get a barbarian love note from those bandit camps near the spire in Antonica that also have undead walking around.
  18. Mystfit Well-Known Member

This was an interesting walk down memory lane for me, remembering where to get the right mobs, visiting zones I hadn't been to in awhile.
    The challenge for me was finding mobs to kill that were aggro and grumpy. Never did find cranky minatuars in Velious and the Norrath races would have been a challenge as well had it not been for my pack pony who only picks up notes off the ground. Now, the gehin was on the line since they aren't aggro but I blame my alts for making them mad, I was just backing her up :)
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The mobs don't have to be aggro. They drop candy even when grey.
  20. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I know, it's just a preference of mine. I prefer not to kill sentient friendlies. I worked hard to get those minatours to like me, seems cruel to go up there and slaughter them. ESP for candies and love notes ;)
    But, since the Steamfont ones worked, it's all good!