Fighter Revamp....

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Shredderr Guest

So first we cant crit now potency doesnt affect our heals.... why dont they take heals and give us something useful. Sounds like they regret giving us heals at all. Scouts and mages heals still crit ?
  2. ARCHIVED-Troy Guest

Felishanna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I absolutely 100% agreee - I rolled my fighters - including a brawler - to tank - NOT DPS - if I want a dps class to play - I would be playing a scout or mage.
  3. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

And what if you rolled a more offensive fighter?
    90% of the problem in this tank balance is people rolled more offensive fighter class and expect - no DEMAND to not only do more DPS but to tank as well and efficiently as the more defensive ones.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zorch Guest

Im going to test a bit more before i get into this discussion, initial tests sure seems to point towards SK being the highest DPS class now though as long as they can stay alive, shouldnt be a problem beside AE
  5. ARCHIVED-EverDog Guest

Before GU64 SK having only Skyshrine EM x4 gears already could sometimes do more than 400k DPS,
    which means he can be more than 700k for now on the recklessness.
    It is not very easy for T1 DPS having only EM gears to go above 700k.
  6. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

Our guilds mystic just solo healed HM lyceam(sp) with a SK in reckless stance. He said he really didn't have any issues and the SK was ripping the zone apart. I'll try to get a parse from him and post it when he logs back on.
  7. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Yes the stance gives some nice DPS, mostly on AE encounters. But testing it last night in Sullons HM I was extremely squishy.
    Agro is a huge issue in the stance despite getting a link and having -22 hate gain. Potency still affects the taunt values making them pretty massive.
    I would say fix the potency - taunt value issue and the stance is very well balanced in raiding for its intended purpose.
  8. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Bruener wrote:
    Also make sure it removes all block.
  9. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Making the stance Remove all Block Chance would only be balinced. I think
  10. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Silzin@Crushbone wrote:
    Yup it is complete bullpoopy that brawlers get 0 block in this stance but plate tanks get full benefit of a shield.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Make Brawlers unequip an offhand to get their block than.
    Plates get to use a shield in recklessness, Brawlers get to DW or use a 2h and still get thier avoidance and aren't affected by disarms.
    Really, don't even go there.
  12. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Bruener wrote:
    Ill take having an offhand not swing on a brawler no problem for knights stance, lets go there. Also brawlers get 0 block in this stance while you get full benefit of a shield. This is why nobody can ever take you seriously because you can't grasp simple things like this being unbalanced.
  13. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Things don't have to be equal to be balanced. Sorry.
    My point is that Brawlers get to DW or use a 2h weapon for maximum melee DPS while Plate tanks have to use a shield. Furthermore the mechanic of disarm is a big detriment to Plate tanks since they lose their avoidance when it happens while Brawlers do not.
    I mean its not like the temps and the reuse on the temps you can use are balanced.
    Sorry. The stance does exactly what SOE's intent was. It gives Fighters a boost to their DPS at the cost of a lot of survivability. As a SK using this last night I was extremely squishy dying to AEs and trash that out of the stance I don't even notice a bump on.
  14. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

I don't think you should be able to tank anything in this stance much less a HM heroic zone. When you are in this stance you should be equal to mages when it comes to survivability.
  15. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Toranx@Crushbone wrote:
    Again, speaking from a raid standpoint.....you do take damage like a mage. Actually you take much more magic damage than mages. They can easily one shot a tank.
    The stance is not nearly as big of a deal as people are making it out to be either. Yes, I got to play around in it last night in a zone that has been on farm status since quite a while before SS came out. I died a ton. T1 still easily own the ZW.
    When talking about Heroic zones I have not tested it in. However, we all know how easy SOE has made Heroic zones in SS. I am sure that I could go into the zone and easily tank it with a solo healer in Recklessness, but I am geared far above the zone anyway (which is why I don't do them). Personally I think it is a testament of how much hps a healer can put out to keep up somebody taking that much damage.
    This stance is not going to suddenly make Fighters the DPS classes that everybody wants to run zones with because of how much they parse. It is not going to push guilds to replace DPS classes with Fighters for raiding. All it does is exactly what SOE wanted to accomplish with the stance. It gives a 3rd and 4th Fighter in the raid a chance to not be a drain on raid-wide DPS for the trash and other encounters that they are not needed for tanking. Or if running a Heroic zone a group doesn't feel like they doomed themselves by bringing a second Fighter.
    Ultimately it will mean more people playing Fighters which means more oppurtunity for grouping and better recruiting for Tanks.
  16. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

All of our tanks was in reckless through the raid last nite and they had no issues staying alive. Granded it was just a farm night but still they shouldn't even come close to being able to do this in this stance.
    Every one knows fighters are not going to take any t1 dps role but you guys are well into the t2 dps range now and with tons and tons more survivability then them.
    In conclusion I think they should also cut your heath by 30% when in this stance.
  17. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Block needs to be set to 0 when in recklessness. You already have an SK tanking current raid content in this stance. That is an imbalance if there ever was one.
  18. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

I think it would be funny if Recklessness made it totally impossible to get aggro, like Maestro's debuff in SoH.
    (Note: this is not a serious suggestion)
  19. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

When in this stance fighters should not be able to survive any longer then any of the other classes if they have agro. IMO their physical mit, avoidance and health should be worse then mages being they can at the click of a button be fully armored.

This isn't just coming from a T1 class opinion I was a main tank at one point and understand you guys want to DPS also but you should be able to have the cake and eat it too.
  20. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Toranx@Crushbone wrote:
    It isn't the mit it is the avoidance. Quite simply a plate fighter can equip a shield and not get hit while in recklessness.