Fighter Revamp....

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

"Changes are coming to PVP and fighters class for EverQuest II."
    Sounds Scary...
  2. ARCHIVED-Gealaen_Gaiamancer Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    There's not enough information to be scared, yet. Wait until tomorrow afternoon.
  3. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Gealaen_Gaiamancer wrote:
    These forums will be in uproar if we think will happen happens.
    Beastlords will be the best tanks soon. :p
  4. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

I have very little hope for balance while the avoidance mechanics and current massive stat inflation still remains. All a "fighter revamp" will do is reshuffle the hierarchy again, like they do every time they try to "balance" things. Oh well, as long as every class gets their turn in the spotlight, I suppose it's okay in the long term.
  5. ARCHIVED-Troy Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    I guess that may mean its time for Pallys and Zerkers to take center stage . . . lol!
  6. ARCHIVED-Grumpy_Warrior_01 Guest

Here is a TLDR for the fighter archetype references in the June 21 SOE telecast. This is mostly direct-quoted snippets from the developer responses:

Changes are coming to the Test server in an effort to make fighters a more-fun class to play.
    Recklessness : This is an ability granted to all fighters at level 20 which is an extremely offensive, high-risk high-reward attack stance. Using the Recklessness stance you do extreme amounts of damage. Your ability damage is vastly improved, however your incoming damage is also vastly [increased], and you have more trouble holding aggro. If you are the third fighter in a raid, you can do some noticeable damage.
    Strikethrough Immunity : Whenever you use a temporary avoidance buff such as Shadowknight's Furor or Dragoon's Reflexes, you will have strikethrough immunity while those temporary buffs are active. So when you expect your avoidance to go up, it actually goes up. This is completely intuitive and more reliable.
    Fighter Heals : All fighter heals are now based upon a percentage of the target's maximum health. For example, Lay On Hands would be pretty much a complete heal, no matter who you target. Fighter heals will not be affected by potency. If you want a bigger heal, get more health. This change will offer more flexibility and fun factor for fighters. The Recklessness stance and the heal change will allow raids to take a fourth fighter to do some offense or to help heal, instead of using that spot for another wizard.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Grumpy_Warrior_01 wrote:
    Lets face it, another BL or another fighter... Doesn't matter, recklessness is pointless. It only opens up the door to dps wanting to be able to tank, etc, etc.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Who cares? Let 'em tank if they want to. Tanking is just a headache anyway these days.
  9. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Im still lulzing waiting for the all encompassing fighter nerfs Bruener has been crying about for years. Thank God the devs have enough sense not to listen to you guys.
  10. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

From what I have gathered so far this doesn't sound like an entire fighter revamp but more of allowing fighters to have a stance available to them to help fill less than perfect groups. Basically if a group cannot find an available dps mage/scout then another non tanking fighter could fit the group and move on with game play.
    As for clearing trash on a raid then this would allow any non tanking fighter a place to help burn through and move on to more important things that comes later in the raid.
    I think it all comes down to competing with other new games that have less classes but far more versitility for each class.
    Honestly I welcome this but if I had my choice I would want far more content across the board. More overland zones to explore and also the herioc and raid setting as well.
    I doubt that even with this change that raids will suffer with the to many fighters in the raid. It may allow for two more fighters but the raid structure as a whole will still need to be planned accordingly.
  11. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

I really dont see the point of the stance tbh. I dont see how its going to put more fighters in raids or even in groups. Most of us at 92 are putting out 30K+ DPS in quest gear in O stance ( yes I low balled it a bit for some of us but you get my point ) and if you watch what buttons you mash you wont pull aggro. The only way it will really help us get spots in raids is to put it up to T1 DPS cause I know given the option of taking anouther wiz or lock putting out 100K over a tank putting out 50K ( just using numbers here is all ) the wiz or lock goes every time. It has to be a bump to T1 dps or it will not work.

And in closing if I wanted to be T1 dps ( or any DPS for that matter ) I would have rolled a DPS class
  12. ARCHIVED-Fairin Guest

"but i rolled a _fighter class_ to dps!" - quoteing alot.. of people this .. is only going to end up badly
  13. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Lets see 3 major issues I said needed to be addressed.
    1. Fighter DPS
    2. Fighter Heals not scaling
    3. Strike through on saves
    And I guess you missed in the webcast at about the 11:50 mark where he specifically mentions some class balance fixes too.
    Lulz'ing a lot?
  14. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Bruener wrote:
    None of those are nerfs in fact they are all buffs for all tanks, you have been making stuff up for years and again being exposed for it. Again Bruener your crying has always been blah blah blah I cant play my class but your class is going to be nerfed at the fighter update, well its here and guess what fighters are getting buffed you couldn't be further from the pulse .
  15. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Come on man, is ignorance a huge part of your role-playing?
    Those are obviously buffs which I have stated in many threads was a need for ALL Fighters. The issue is in Fighter DPS in relation to T1 DPS and how large the gap has gotten, which in turn puts a lot of pressure on minimum amount of spots for Fighters. We went from 4 comfortably in SF to even that 3rd feels like a real drag in DoV. Of course you know this because in tells you completely agreed with the limitation on Fighter spots because of the DPS issue.
    Heals not scaling. Again something I have posted about many times since DoV. I even had this discussion with you in tells a couple months ago and how they needed to be changed to % based heals to scale...and you agreed.
    Strike through immunity. This was a bare minimum that we all agreed needed to happen. Now I wonder if Brawler temp abilities will show the same "immunity".
    This covers the issues Fighters in general have been having. Than there is the issue of balance between Fighters which Xelgad specifically said there are going to be some fixes to cover balance. What exactly do you think that means? I guess we will see on Tuesday, but as of right now some of us have been spot on.
  16. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

I feel like I'm misunderstanding something....

Will this new stance replace the offensive stance? Or is this an addition ie yet another extra stance for brawler hotbars?
  17. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Bruener wrote:
    TBH I'm usually against Bruenor's ravings but I see you guys go 'round a LOT, and this is him owning you right here. Not that it's his own original idea, most fighters would agree we all needed this. I would say we also need more on our Defensive stance (additional hate bonus, about 100% to taunts, and uncapped hate) but idk.
    SK's are dam near T1 DPS as it stands so idk how this is going to work with Reckless up.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Laenai@Oasis wrote:
    No it won't replace the offensive stance, it just makes it mostly redundant, just like the Brawler's medium stance. It is a waste of a hotbar spot if it's there hon.
  19. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Tekadeo wrote:
    Apparently you haven't been paying attention, Bruener has been crying about getting non SK's nerfed for years and promising everyone it was coming. The rest of us you know the sane people have been talking about getting tanks buffed rather than nerfed and that is what has happened. I have been a proponent of buffing tanks and very supportive of fighter heals getting fixed (but not crit), SK's being allowed to cast BL in combat, and I hate strikethrough as a mechanic it is bad design. All you have to do is browse a little history and you will find Bruener crying about how other tanks will be getting nerfed come the fighter revamp when others have said the right solution is to buff buff buff.
    The only thing left now that will be unbalanced is still the amount of instagib crap that encounters throw at us, SOE needs to fix encounters so they hit more often but for less or else quite simply the tanks with the most tools will still be the most effective choice.
  20. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

Fairin wrote:
    (( ^^^ so true.
    Already you get "fighters" who think they are DPS first and tanks second. This new stance will just make that worse *chuckle*.
    I know I won't use the new stance on my monk anymore than I already use the offensive or hybrid stance I have now, so it won't make an iota of difference to me personally.
    But perhaps I can see this new stance will help some casual raidforces and PUG raids, who take whomever turns up, and a 4th, 5th or even 6th fighter in this stance might be a better option than an empty slot or a very weak character of another class ))