FG, Experience Tweaking

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lenx, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

We are consumers of a product and are allowed to give negative feedback. It doesn't matter if you approve or not.
  2. Conifur Well-Known Member

When they disable /claims to "preserve the progression of the server." but offer the same items for sale - you are milking the player base.

When you make changes to the game that kind of force micro transactions or fall behind - you are milking the player base.

I already pay a subscription to play this game and use this server, if I want to get ahead by paying micro transactions I will do it on Clash of Clans - this is not supposed to be Clash of Clans.

I don't want to be level 50 in a few days, I never said that. I don't want to sit around and craft 100 items to gain a trade skill level or kill a thousand mobs. I want to adventure and run around and do stuff, I just think the XP needs to be upped a bit.
  3. Xephane Active Member

I did not "result to personal insults" in any way. And the longer this "fight" goes on the higher chance this thread has of being closed. There was some viable points in here, yet it is becoming clouded with judgement.

"Full" of people, there are hundreds if not thousands of people on this server, of course quite a few will be putting a few messages in chat asking for an experience boost. Don't let yourself think that means your "opinion" is the valid one though.
  4. Xephane Active Member

The same items are not offered for sale though. You also have to consider that there are new players here. Plenty of them actually. And it wouldn't be fair to them that some person that has been playing for 6 years or so gets a benefit over them because they have like 40 exp potions available right off the bat. Everybody has the same options here, nothing is different. People get benefit if they pay money for it, but they don't have to, and they are not forced in any way.

"A bit" is fine, but what would "a bit" mean to them?

If they were going to increase the experience rate they would have already based on beta feedback, what they did is what they did and it likely will not change. Did you encourage all your friends on beta to feedback the experience rate?
    Molly likes this.
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

You keep saying that my opinion isn't valid, and yet you keep responding to my opinion by insulting me and trying to shut me down. What does that say about you?
  6. Xephane Active Member

You are taking it as an insult, yet I am only trying to help you realize that I was once on the same path as you. I always complained about things and wanted more more more or one thing added just to be "perfect".

What I meant by 'Don't let yourself think that means your opinion is the valid one' means stop fighting as if you are 100% sure that you are correct. I'm not saying you are wrong, just don't be so sure that you are right. I'm saying that DBG will not listen to you and you just have to put up with it. You can fight with me all you want but that doesn't change the fact that this is how it is. And if you aren't having fun, you don't HAVE to support the company that makes it this way.

You can reply with "But are you sure that YOU are right?" if you want, but deep down no matter how much you disagree this is how things HAVE to be to keep the game running. Don't be in denial just because you disapprove.
  7. Xephane Active Member

And if you guys are so sure that the experience should be improved. Do what the DEVs said in regards to feedback and be specific. Sitting here and whining isn't good enough, this does not give them anything to shoot for. You've seen it in discord when the FG server was supposed to release. Things like this have happened before.

A bit could mean 2% would you be happy with that? A bit could also mean 27%. Do you see the point? You guys are not being constructive. You are complaining and providing nothing useful to them.
  8. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I am not fighting you, your are entitled to your opinion and so am I. It doesn't matter whether I think your opinion is valid or not, but you are making judgements about people's opinions in this thread. Who are you to judge whether an opinion is worthy or not just because if might differ from your own?
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. knine Well-Known Member

Lets just be honest.. about 90% of people on this server is to get BIS items on live lol.. usually the only reason people play on these servers.. some are there for nostalgic reasons, but the game will never be like it was when originally released. People want xp increase so they don't have to spend as long grinding to get those heritage quests completed. A spade is a spade, no matter how you look at it ;)
    Xephane likes this.
  10. Xephane Active Member

And just like everything in the current expansion you actually have to put in a lot of work or good luck :) Hehe
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Actually we are stating facts. The main fact being that if this is a true nostalgia server, although not every thing can be exactly as it was in 2004, then why is there a market place on it? We didn't have a market place at launch and xp/vitiality potions didn't exist. They are selling veteran rewards on this market place that they won't let veterans claim. How is that for more constructive feedback?
    Conifur, Mermut and Prissetta like this.
  12. Xephane Active Member

You sure are treating it like an argument. And before this goes too far and this thread is closed because of us I'm going to stop replying to you here. Have fun!
  13. Springelf Active Member

I agree that the exp needs tweaking. I get why they did it. Not saying its the end of the world. People will always pay to speed things up. They did on SH. BUT....my concern is the future. For starters, I have already scrapped plans for future characters. I have no desire to make alts with this exp rate. I can only assume others feel this way. As stated above, there isnt going to be the massive amounts of groups in the future. Thats bad for alts and that is terrible for any new players to the server. There is no way someone new (to game or server) is going to stick around at this snails pace when there are no groups. Grouping is the only way to level without pulling your hair out in frustration.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Sadly though, these BIS items won't be worth any thing when the new expansion is released as it will increase levels from 100-110. Its another cash grab plain and simple. I think BIS gear should be available in group/raid zones on the live servers and not gated behind a special zone or another specialty server.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

:)
  16. Xephane Active Member

There are always people with varying opinions. With that being said there are also people who still continue to make alts and reroll even with the current rate. Also, you cannot guarantee that people will leave in masses just because of experience. Experience wasn't the downfall of SH, maybe it was to some people, but most didn't even leave until Kindom Of Sky because of the content situation, and it's only been downhill since it fell off that cliff. Experience isn't the problem with Fallen Gate either, people will always leave because of something they don't like, but just because there are no groups, doesn't mean nothing to do. The longer the game goes on the more content there is. For example, when EoF hits, sure there will be less groups in lower levels than now... But people get more content all the way through, same case for RoK.

Also, you may not think so, but with slow exp leveling alts is actually a good idea. You develop vitality on your characters, and we all know how much vitality benefits leveling speed. I have new people in my guild and people who have never played on TLE who LOVE the experience rate and the challenge of the game.

True players live with what they love, they don't complain and leave because it "isn't good enough".
  17. Xephane Active Member

Also, plenty of people really like re-rolling just to try out these lowbie zones on TLE. Just because max level is the goal doesn't mean everybody will just stay there. When people hit max level they tend to get bored with the game and try to find something else to do, so always having something to look forward to really helps.

For example, if I ever feel like I'm dragging a bit I'll tell myself to "just push to that 24 and get that GM ability!" or "work towards those AQs!" heck I even mentor guildies and help them out. Helping other people can slow you down, sure. But watching somebody else build up with your help is great! It's actually less beneficial to be ahead than behind, I've learned that from experience. It's like climbing a mountain. The goal is to get to the top, but there isn't really anything super special other than a nice view when you are up there, correct?
    Molly likes this.
  18. Epicus New Member

You're so full of contradictions in your effort to white knight, you say DBG needs to make money to keep the game going, and then you encourage people to suck it up or don't pay to play. Your battle with deductive reasoning has left you confused as to why your even here posting 17 times trying to persuade people to your "valid" point.
  19. Xephane Active Member

Not exactly. Yet aren't both points true to an extent? They also aren't 100% connected.

They do need to make money, but also if somebody isn't enjoying something then they don't have to do it. I am not confused about anything.

People seem to think experience is so bad that they feel that they HAVE to pay to get to top tier, which is untrue. And there are plenty of things to do here, yet people only look at one thing. Nobody has to pay for something, and if they genuinely don't enjoy it, they should stick to their words and not support it. Sitting here yelling at the developers and DBG will not solve anything, all that does is gets threads closed and people angry at each other.

(Heads up, this comment is not aggressive in any way.)
  20. Xephane Active Member

I'm all for supporting the company for this game to keep it's footing, but if all you do is get angry and take it out on people it may be best to just do something else. So in a case like this I support the company, and keeping a happy player base. Wasting time on forums and discord being angry will not help you enjoy your game time any more. Look at the good and do your best to enjoy it, it becomes much more fun when you just play and don't focus on the bar.