FG, Experience Tweaking

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lenx, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Lenx New Member

I must admit I am thoroughly enjoying the new server. Great people, great content that I missed back when I used to play EQ2 in the early days. But I, and many if not all of the people i have played with so far have one continuing complaint the experience grind. At level 27 with a 50% experience pot in Ruins of Varsoon killing Yellows and Reds I am only gaining about .1% experience per kill. And it is a little excruciating to sit in a dungeon for 4+ hours to gain a single level. At the higher levels this is only going to get worse. Because by the looks of things a lot of casual players are going to be behind a lot of content come the next expansion.

So honestly the experience gain needs to be tweaked slightly, not just for the people who want to rush to complete the content, but also those who want to be able to do the content while the expansion is current.

Hopefully, this gets through to you guys. Because honestly I truly feel like this is needed.
    Epicus and Conifur like this.
  2. Conifur Well-Known Member

So agree, and add to it TS. My hope is once they reach their sales goals for potions they will tweek it.
  3. Xephane Active Member

The experience just doesn't scale with level. Quest go up but don't give enough and mob experience seems to be 9-10 base the whole way through. I personally don't mind the exp too much as there is plenty to do but some times it can be a bit of a hassle. To me it's okay, but I'm sure many would agree that kills could use a curve rather than a straight horizontal line.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

I out quest my level all the time, it is frustrating having to run all over the place to find quest for your level. This was not how it was on launch, it was progressive as you moved up in levels and farther away from your starting point.
    Jaqen, Prissetta and Mermut like this.
  5. Tiffy_34 New Member

I was gonna hop over to hop over to Frostfang Sea with my SK to to some more quests since I was only 9 but it wont let me. Guess evil classes arent welcome over there.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

You have to run through The Commonlands, Nek Forest, Thundering Steppes and Antonica to reach Frostfang Sea. I just did it with a pair of level 9s.
    Shmogre and Conifur like this.
  7. Xephane Active Member

It's not supposed to be an exact resemblance of launch. What I want to know is why they nerfed vitality and didn't take my suggestion to improve the vitality gain over time in return.

The experience isn't launch of course, you could straight quest to 50, but there aren't as many quests 1-50 as there were back then so they can't find the exact turning point. We just have to live with it. Complaining about it solves nothing.
    Mermut likes this.
  8. Conifur Well-Known Member

Though you can fly to the tower near the docks once you get the the tower right outside Thundering Steppes in Antonica.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  9. Xephane Active Member

Let's face it, if they were to buff the exp to "make sense" for them many would complain that it is too fast and that there's nothing to do when they are level 50. Take a look at the many things that have had balance attempted in the past but failed. Don't send us down another dirty road, enjoy what you have before it's gone.
  10. Xephane Active Member

The server has been out for less than a week and the general population is around level 15-25 now, so it really isn't that bad.
    mcurley817 likes this.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

They nerfed it to meet sale goals for the potions. I know it is not like launch, but they took away a lot of quest when they changed the cities. This with the really horrible XP makes it more a drag then fun.
  12. Xephane Active Member

Then so what? Would you rather the game die? Honestly if you aren't having fun don't play... Or you could buy collections, or tradeskill to build vitality. There is more than just leveling adventure you know. Build a house, discover POIs, do PQs, AQs, etc. There's so much to do but all people seem to worry about is the exp rate. Chill out.

If DBG doesn't meet sales for this game they could shut it down. Call it "milking" if you want to but the DEVs are still doing as much as they can while also meeting sales goals in the process. Have some appreciation or just don't play. TLE servers are literally pay to play, what's so bad about everybody spending like 5 bucks on a potion anyways if they have to?
  13. Xephane Active Member

Also, another point... These servers are also here to bring the players who love the old game back to their home, where they want to be. People have complained about the state of the game for years. Why does everybody care so much about 1 single thing that is still passable. People like you are what ruined this game in the first place. "But if the experience was better it would be perfect!" yeah, you say that now but again, take a look at what's happened when the company listens to it's players.

People who complain no longer get listened to.
  14. Synistra Active Member

Because if you don't want your experience to drag a** you have to spend 8 bucks every 2 levels for vitality potions, or buy experience potions. Because we already pay a subscription fee to access this server. Because the last time I checked this wasn't a korean grind game. Experience rates should not be tailored around the availability of marketplace exprience/vitality potions. We shouldn't have to chug pots to keep up with quests/progression. If you wanna get nostalgic about launch, remember they didn't have vitality or experience potions then. The experience rates for both adventure and tradeskills need to be increased. The super grind is usually what kills these servers anyway.
    Jaqen, Pixistik, Epicus and 4 others like this.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I agree with every thing you said above. Also, when this game launched, not only were there no xp/vitality potions, there also wasn't a marketplace. Some people may give in to buying the xp/vitality potions this time because the server is new and they are caught up in that, but get past this first expansion and if they are still around by then, how many will actually want to keep spending $$$ then on DBC to buy xp/vitality potions just so they can keep up? Not many I would wager.
    Jaqen and Prissetta like this.
  16. Xephane Active Member

You know, I used to be just like you, but I realized it is a terrible outlook on a good attempt. So much good has been done on this server, but you can't see that because all you see is something to complain about. You don't HAVE to do anything, there are plenty of ways to catch up in this game that don't involve spending money. I have alt-obsessed friends on this server who have like level 13-18 on all of their toons, and tradeskill as well and they don't even play for hours and hours a day. They also don't pay for experience potions. Attempting to RUSH is what makes the experience appear so much slower than it actually is.

Experience isn't the only thing in the game people.
  17. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

No one is asking to rush, but when you have the majority of people using xp/vitality potions so that they can quickly reach level 50 in order to raid etc, how long do you think it will be until grouping at lower levels becomes a rarity? I saw this same pattern on the SH TLE when it first launched. Eventually the only groups in the zones were boxers and/or botters and a couple of lone players. Eventually most people lost interest and stopped logging in. This server has only been active less than a week. Give it some time and you will see the same pattern again. I wish it weren't that way.
    Conifur likes this.
  18. Xephane Active Member

And how much people do you think will actually "rush to 50 to raid" ? Have you even seen how popular the server is? Most people don't even CARE about raiding, let alone want to do it so bad that they would pay money to hit 50 to do it quicker.

I think it's interesting how you think people who spend money to level are the "majority". I played launch Deathtoll and was one of the first to 50 without even using an experience potion.

Just stop complaining about things and enjoy what you have, like I said people who complain are the ones who ruined the game. So "Mizgamer62" I highly believe that your personal opinion will be taken with a grain of salt, if even that.
  19. Xephane Active Member

Constructive feedback > Complaining.

Always.

No matter how right you think you guys are or how valid your points are, you are still complaining. Good luck having your "needs" met. Don't like it, don't play it. If you feel you aren't getting your money's worth why bother paying in the first place?
  20. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Just like yourself, I am entitled to my opinion. To bad you have to result to personal insults. I am logged in to the FG TLE right now and the chat is full of people wanting to trade kronos for xp potions. Time will tell.
    Mermut and Conifur like this.