Feel the Wind Beneath Your Wings with the Aerakyn Player Race!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Clash Member

I'd like see to minotaurs myself. A redesigned minotaur that can wear armor.
  2. Szindrago Member

I admit...not too happy about the race not being included in the expac...but I have been looking forward to the race and expac so I will be purchasing both because I saved for them...i do feel for those that cannot afford to purchase both though...yikes..i will be staying and playing my all access as always as I am loyal to soe dispite the mistakes they have made over time..no other mmo has won me over and doubt they ever will,so...soe will be keeping me as a customer for as long as my bank account can take it without interfering with my bills and care of my horses lol.
    Hijinx likes this.
  3. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, what sort of names would best suit an Aerakyn?
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

5. mouser Well-Known Member

^This, This, and a side order of This!!!

I said before in one of these threads, I'd be less upset if they just made the Aerakyn race 4500 SC and only had the full version of it. Would I have bought it? Not at the time of the expac, but maybe somewhere down the road. It would have been expensive, but it wouldn't feel dishonest.
  6. Slymster New Member

Will there be the option of others to turn off those visual effects and seeing the huge wings ? I can only imagine how irritating those will be in a raid or maybe even possibly just in group fighting in confined areas.
  7. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

The Aerakyn totally reminded me of Maleficent and the wing attacks too :)
  8. Slymster New Member

As a 7 year vet of EQ2, this is just gotten sadder with the pricing and frankly having to be excluded in a lot of the sales and CE content and such due to finances. At one point, I had 4 accounts, then with having to pay for new races throughout the years and special adventure packs, i whittled down to 3 and so on now down to only 1 account and soon that will probably be just a F2P account due to the utter lack of enthusiasm this game has driven me to. Dozens of my friends have left and hundreds of guildmates from different servers and such mainly due to what I hear as "who can afford the xpacs" with the multiple accounts they once had ?
    People are saying the price even for the functional new race isnt bad, but when you consider if you want to have one on every account you own, THAT gets expensive on top of purchasing the xpac....that turns a weekly paycheck into all SOE .... I DONT THINK SO... and Xmas being around the corner on top of that....just ugg on this whole thing .
    Griff likes this.
  9. Poinsettia New Member

I seriously doubt it since Fae/Arasai wings cannot be used as appearance at all. Call me quirky but I think it looks stupid for a winged character to be seen riding a flying mount but stats are stats.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

We don't need it in writing. Why? Because there is video evidence of what they promised in the SOE Live panels. Yes that is right....they recorded so that people not attending could watch it at same time or later. Video evidence is even better because we have a picture of the face and the voice of the person saying it. Don't believe me...go watch the video.
  11. Griff Well-Known Member

Actually, my suggestion is that the complete game come at the cost of both owning the latest subscription AND being a subscriber. I would view a "Perk" as something that enhances a standard part of the game. Charge me for the ability to switch off Mercenaries on the fly as they do now; not the unlock that allows my account to use them. Charge me for cool reforging decorations, not the ability to reforge. Charge me to use expedite the time it takes for an assistant researcher to research spells, not for the ability to use a researcher. If you wish to be F2P; then FTP should be paying to unlock mechanics, races and classes.

The only problem I have with that is that it is available (by mistake) in the SC store before the Vet's get it. Other than that, it's a cool house, if people want to buy it, so be it. I will be quite content knowing mine is FREE (sadly only one, but that's life!

No, but it entices players to try out new characters to enjoy a new race. That adds longevity to the game and since you would have to purchase the expansion to gain that race, it pushes at least $39.99 in sales to the company at the same time.

Not everyone prefers to group all the time or for that matter, can find constant groups. Mercenaries were/are a big part of keeping players active in the game. It's 10:00 pm and you just got in from work, instant duo at your fingertips. The more I play and enjoy the game, the more my wallet opens for perks. I would say at least 1/2 my characters have cosmetic gear from the SC store and have unlocked the mercenary ability to summon anywhere as well as purchased the 280 AA bauble. It was the ability to go out there with a decent Mercenary that compelled me to play classes that don't quite hold up to solo play.

Or it means:
    • More people playing the game will enjoy the game more and continue to play, subscribe and pay.
    • People won't look at the $200+ entry price for the complete game as discouraging or not affordable and pass this game by for a lesser, yet more affordable game.
    • People won't be so quick to pass up the Standard edition of the expansion because they don't need it now and it does not include all that much.
    • More effort would have to go into the CE edition to make it something you really, really wan't to have because of the cool perks included, not just because that Mercenary or mount will allow you to play the game better.
    "Choices" should be much the same as a new car purchase. I might want satellite radio because it makes my driving more enjoyable, that's an option and a perk. Better head lamps that allow me to see the road better than a set that is dim, but usable if one is careful is not really optional. Many of the things described as "not needed" are things that attract people to the game.
  12. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I was referring to the part where the wings were cut off...
  13. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

I know :(
  14. Clash Member

I should be thankful for what SOE is doing with the prices. If they had followed their previous track record and released the entire Aerakyn race for 2000SC I would have given SOE 2000SC. Since they raised the price to 4200SC, I'll keep my 2000SC.

If they would have done a discounted pre-order for the collector's edition like the several previous expansions I would have gladly paid the $59 for it. Since they insist on the $89 price tag, I'll only be spending $39.

So basically I'll be spending $40 less than I planned, and that's $40 that SOE will not receive from me. Plus I will not buy any more station cash going forward. I really wanted a set of Fright Wings before they go off the market. I was able to claim my monthly 500 SC today. That puts me at 1947 SC, and the wings are 1950 SC. Before all this, I would have purchased $20 or $25 of SC. Now I won't, I can live without them. When prices are reasonable, I'll support SOE by buying some extras. When they are not reasonable, I won't buy any extras.

If I put the numbers side by side, I expected to pay around $40 for the extras, not $92. That just doesn't seem like a good way to treat your long term customers. I've been an EQ2 subscriber since about a week after launch, and have purchased every expansion; collector's edition when available. I also purchased EQ1 at launch, along with many expansion.
    Streppoch, GrunEQ, Xirena and 3 others like this.
  15. Axelle New Member

I wondering what kind those race good at? Like Fighter, Scout? or something like that? Which one??
  16. Balbasur Active Member

I disagree you should have to pay extra.
  17. mouser Well-Known Member

Your tag says all access. You should be able to get those wings with what you have now.
    If not, buy a dollar or five or whatever the lowest denomination is.

I agree with everything else you've said - this is the first time I won't be buying a CE for an MMO in a long time. I may down the road, but with no discount now, and the potential for some sort of sale at a future time, why pony up the extra money for a big unknown (ie: How powerful Silver Surfer really is)?
  18. Clash Member

I forgot about the discount I thought the prices listed would be whatever price I had to pay. I'll have to see when I get home if the discount is applied before or after I click the button.
  19. GIndotto Well-Known Member

For the 10% All-Access discount, it applies after clicking the button to Buy.
  20. Clash Member

Thanks. Now hopefully the wings are still there. They'll disappear when the NotD items vanish. They were still on the market last night.