Feedback - Suite of Screams

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by seneth, Feb 18, 2022.

1. seneth Active Member

I tried to give feed back about the Suite of Screams and was unable too. So I will let those who makes these zones know, that I absolutely HATE Suite of Screams. I am a very decently equipped and know the strats and run all zones (other than SOS) fast and easily but for some reason I can't seem to do the Suite of Screams so I Hate IT.
    I will never do that zone again so that makes me lose out on dailies, which I will accept. Just my opinion, because it seems others do it very easily, I can't. I am aware it is probably something I am lacking, maybe its I am not fast enough or whatever. I won't do the it unless I am doing a weekly with a group.
    Observing and Twyla like this.
  2. Bramdar Active Member

I'm not a fan, and it took me a few tries (and several deaths) to get used to running Suite of Screams with each of my characters.

I've seen a few recommendations for things like ACT triggers from others on the forums, but for me, the thing that finally helped was learning to not focus on quickly damaging the named but instead, focus on the mechanic. I haven't paid a ton of attention to the abilities the named use (especially the first two,) but they seem to slow incoming damage each time they use their ability (the bite for the first named, and summoning the racial adds for the second.) When I tried to burn them down, I died constantly. Since I slowed down and focused on countering the mechanic first, and let the abilities damage the mob, I've had zero issues with 10 characters.

There are definitely too many trash mobs in the first two rooms, though! And don't get me started on the constant screaming. :)
    Twyla likes this.
  3. seneth Active Member

Well, at least, I am not the only one who finds it difficult.
  4. DENSER Well-Known Member

It's the only solo instance that push u to follow some strats.
    That's mayb why it's difficult ? ;)

Well, tbh, firsts tries, ye was a pain.
    But now in 4 min its done.
    More you do something more u re used to do it.

without looking for trouble if you know the strats, what are the difficulties encountered? Also well gear toon u say.
    So where is the problem ?
    The subject seems contradictory to me.

Tell us precisely the difficulties you have in this area and we may be able to give you good advice.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. seneth Active Member

Not contradictory, I said it was probably something I am not doing right, but the zone is a major PITA . I think is sucks, after dying like 20 x's everytime I have tried I am tired of it and will not even try anymore. Just done with it. Glad you find it so easy, grats.

When I go to find the bookcase to click, the Boss kills me before I get to it and being a necro, my pet is trying to hold it and does sometimes but I always die before I get to the bookcase. Too many bookcases to choose and this is only one of the bosses I hate in there the other is the seneschal. Yep, done with it. I don't need that stress in my life its a game, so not beating my head against a wall anymore.
    Observing and Twyla like this.
  6. Riverbear Active Member

Reading over my shoulder this thread, my room mate just shook her head & walked away. "And you pay money to play that?"
    After a moment.......... I said "yes I do". ( chiefly remembering all the good people who play it. ) :)
    Ayodi, Twyla and Dude like this.
  7. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I don't like it either. Definitely needed ACT triggers for the last two nameds to tell me which bookcase to click (can be done from a bit of a distance) and killing the add for the senschal and running to the 4 different circles of critters. The senschal bugs out sometimes and cannot be damaged. The thing I did 'wrong' at first was trying to kill adds while finding the bookcase (they all die when you use the correct one) and damaging the senschal too fast so she'd keep saying to go to different circles all at the same time.

It doesn't just hurt your daily either, as it can be one of the weekly solo zones you need to clear (like this week).
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I also hate this dungeon. It's the last two boss fights that drive me crazy. I also want to say that if you need a 3rd party program or have to read a a wiki to play the game it's a problem. I have to do this dungeon if I want to do the weekly which is the only way for me to get gear upgrades. I never look forward to it.

My issues was that normally the boss sends messages to chat (which I hate since it goes by so fast). The first time doing these I was looking in chat for clues (I don't use the Wiki). I wasn't close to the boss or looking at it. I didn't see the clue. I could be wrong and it's also sending the info to chat but I never saw it.

I happened to look at the boss and was able to figure it out after many many deaths. That is another thing why do so many of these instakill you if you do something wrong. The method to help figure out the boss should be the same. If you are putting it into chat then do that all the time.

I thought this has to be the worse boss yet. But nope the last boss was even worse. Half the time it glitches. It's hard to keep track on the flying monster which is another instakill if it reaches the sleeping monster and also everything else going on. I didn't know I needed cure pots (again no wiki). My healer merc wasn't up to the task or it cured the wrong thing killing me. Died a bunch here as well. Luckily one time it all worked out but it was mostly luck.

I just got this dungeon again for the weekly. Not looking forward to it one bit. It's just not fun. At least I know what to do and will come prepared but come on how would you know that. Sort of like the one were you need water breathing or you die. Killed me a bunch as well before I figured it out. Had to leave and get an item and come back.

The dungeon script puzzles I like are the ones that give clues on what you need to do. Then you can figure it out. You know like a puzzle. There is NO way you would know you needed a water breathing item. There was one I needed to use Heroic Op to complete. Who would think oh yeah the boss isn't dying I need to use that. Something I haven't used or thought about since the game come out. For that I had to ask General chat. Again there is no way anyone would think of that. The way I figure out most of these without the wiki is by dying over and over and over. It's just not that fun to be honest.
    Ayodi, Observing and Twyla like this.
  9. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yeah, usually solo content can be done in your sleep. VoV has introduced just a couple of little scripts and fail conditions to solos and it's caused a shock to players who never get involved with group content. I would urge anyone struggling to persist, to learn where all the bookcases are, to position yourself near the door so as soon as the adds arrive you can identify them visually and work out which bookcase you need, rather than waiting for the text.
    The last boss I cannot sympathise, as I've never seen the script on it in solo. It's always dead before it starts, even with my healer alt, and really terrible warlock alt with all apprentice spells and hand-me-down solo gear.
  10. DENSER Well-Known Member

I'm a necro myself.

1)

I just ran in the zone as a crazy guy launching my aoe. They fall quickly.
    I aggro that boss with those aoe, target him.
    If he launch his feed thing, i drink.. once, then it's dead.
    With my mystik , same , but i drink more. ( It's a dwarf so... He likes to please himself with any beverage, even prepared by the enemy)

2)
    I run also , aoe kill all, and those aoe grab that boss too.
    PET No Attacking while i'm doing the boss
    I think if u let it attack the boss, between waves of adds, it ll one shot you. well, that's what I tell myself, i'm maybe wrong but at the beginning of vov, i took almost 1 min to look on the net and check the good thing to click before doing my choice and valid.
    1 long min with no pet attacking, checking and valid, its even long enugh for a fast bio ;)

1st tries i used eq2wiki. Now i know them by heart.

3)
    As said tanto it's a one shot boss in solo.
    If you re necro u should b able to don't follow the script.
    Boil blood II, dumbfire pets and ciao
  11. DENSER Well-Known Member

it is not to demonstrate that I know how to do it and not you. No no. Simply to show my routine their, as the same class as you.
    But as a necro, solos shouldn't be a problem for us.

Also, it depends on your gear. Have you just started playing the game?
    Do you have a heal mercenary to support you? Familiar, mount, are they up to date? Your ethereals too?
    Your addons. Etc., etc
    But u said you r well equiped.

And if it's just a question of scripting, just go to our bible, eq2 wiki.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Castle_Vacrul:_Suite_of_Screams_(Solo)
    Pixistik likes this.
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

Most of the issues you're complaining about needing to ask general chat or check the wiki/etc are because you are not reading the effects on the buffs and debuffs in the encounters.

For instance, you would know you need water breathing at the end of Rosie Reverie because the debuff it puts on you tells you very clearly that a water breathing effect would negate the negative side effects.

You don't *need* a third party program or the wiki to play game - they're both just tools to make it easier. ACT parses chat automatically to call things out, but if you don't want to use it you should probably create a separate chat window that specifically has the NPC emotes and alerts in it so your complaint about chat scrolling too quickly isn't an issue.

All the information in the wiki was put there by other players who figured it out based on information the game provides - so that info(almost always) is available in game, but you need to figure out how people find it if you want to avoid looking for it outside of game yourself.
    Jinksie likes this.
  13. Riverbear Active Member

Those screams you hear, assuming your headset was not hurled to the wall, are not the recorded voice actors of DBG.
    Those screams are the voices of thousands of players wracked with anguish over how they have been mistreated by DBG, :)

The entire zone is a monument to just how far departed the game has been warped from it's beginnings.
    Ayodi, Pixistik and Twyla like this.
  14. Ichoris Well-Known Member

@Riverbear ROFL

@Taled For the water breathing I did see the clue. The point I was trying to make if that I didn't know before hand I needed that. I got to the end and didn't have an item or ability to do water breathing. All I could do was die and leave and get an item. It wasn't that it was hard to figure it out. I agree that most of time the clues are in the game but it takes me many deaths to figure them all out.

That is a good idea about the chat window. Normally if I end up dying I will scroll back and see if I missed anything. I like to figure out the scripts myself. It's part of the fun of the game for me. For VoV I think I'm pretty much set but this dungeon still gives me lots of issues for the reason I said above.

I would love for someone who figured out they needed to use Heroic Opportunities to finish the boss explain what logic or clues they followed to figure this out. There is no logic I see unless I missed it that would make anyone come to this conclusion.
  15. Taled Well-Known Member

What do you want them to do? Post a sign on the entrance to the instance telling you what you might need? Outside of 'play through and figure out what you need to complete it' how else are they supposed to give you a hint that you'll need a commonplace ability?

It's literally on the buffs of the boss mob. Before you pull any encounter you haven't fought before, it is good practice to inspect the buffs on the enemy.
  16. Ichoris Well-Known Member

@Taled OK. I agree with your point about the water breathing.
    I will check that boss that need Hero Op next time I normally inspect the buffs. I guess I missed it. Will look next time I fight them. Thanks for the info.
    Taled likes this.
  17. seneth Active Member

Well, I am not having a problem with Rosy reverie, my great frustration is only with SoS (Suite of Screams). The SOS is appropriate IMO. I have been playing this game since Beta and I have never even when raiding hardcore been so frustrated with a zone. I applaud you and your weak alt warlock with lousy gear that can go in and wipe the floor with them Tanto. Some of us are not so great and TBH I am tired of trying. Now I have to go Study a map of a room full of bookcases to memorize where each is in order to do one single part of a zone? Then hope I get to the right bookcase before I die. Yeah great fun zone, easyyyy. Nuff said I am not going back to the solo, enjoy your greatness Tanto
    Observing and Riverbear like this.
  18. Bentenn Well-Known Member

or just download ACT like 99% of the playerbase and create the trigger to tell u which way to go.... i've done it on a weak templar, weak coercer, weak mystic, and dirge.. use a merc for most just because i can, but don't need it.
    Ayodi likes this.
  19. Kenn Well-Known Member

What do you have problems with?
  20. Riverbear Active Member

Prolly the strident true to life human noise in the zone that every player hates.
    There's something not right with the person who thought that was a good idea................. and it's hard to spell :)
    Ayodi and Pixistik like this.