Feedback - Suite of Screams

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by seneth, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Riverbear Active Member

No. We took Chrol's advice and found a way to run the zone successfully without killing the first MoB and without opening any doors :)
    Put that in your minion pipe & smoke it.
    Ayodi likes this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

no thanks it causes cancer
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

What a blatantly argumentative individual. Thats saying something, coming from me....

I hope youre not on skyfire
  4. vlada Active Member

the remedy is to not run this zone,ever
    Ayodi likes this.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

VoV introduced in places to the solo game, stuff which actually needs to be done. Scripts etc. And for some, their level of skill and attention stops at mashing 3 buttons for 20 seconds. Tbh, it's unwise of DPG to ask more of the casual solo crowd. Just easy-mode the whole lot so everyone has content they can do. It's not like solo content actually matters to those who are used to dealing with stuff like that and know how to adapt to it.

I feel for the players struggling with SoS. I really do. It must be depressing.
  6. vlada Active Member

nope. i have no need or desire to run SoS.not depressing at all. it does not drop anything i need
    Ayodi likes this.
  7. Aethos Well-Known Member

I'd be curious what it is that's dragging it down for you. If you have box gear, it should be doable. Yes, people who come in and tell you "lol i just smash it in 5s" are not helpful and the responses are tiresome, but as someone who was very vocal for several weeks about the Cairn solo being bugged and cares about solo instances being soloable by people with solo exclusive gear, what issue are you having?

For the first boss, carefully clear the room. When the boss needs a drink, drink from one of the tables - or carry alcohol in your bags and drink from your bags. Another way to approach this is to drink pre-emptively. When your vision clears, drink again. Every time your vision clears, he has drained you, so keeping it fuzzy keeps you alive. But if you don't wanna be permanently fuzzy, you can time it with the emotes in your chat window.

For the second boss, some familiarity with lore is required, sure, but a bit of reading and understanding of the game world is how you gain that. It should be noted that you can mouse-over the bookcases from anywhere in teh room to see what they're named. Match the race called with the city they're from. Some that are slightly confusing - fae are Faydark (not a city, exactly), trolls are Innothule (also not a city, technically their city was Grobb, IN Innothule), ratonga are Underfoot (again, not a city), Erudites are Paineel (erudites had two homes, Paineel was just one).

For the last boss, tab to the add when it spawns. It can be stunned, snared, rooted, which helps you kill it before it reaches the dog. Carry cure potions with you and go to the appropriate circle then cure the detriment.

For someone with box gear, the only one I could see potentially being a semi-insurmountable problem is if you are extremely poor and cannot afford cure potions and don't know anybody that will make them for you.
  8. Riverbear Active Member

Read up comrade EQ2 player.
    Even Sigrdrifa & Pri Pri will tell you I have been demonstrative as to what it is that's,
    "Dragging it down." -Enjoy! :)
    Ayodi likes this.
  9. Aethos Well-Known Member

The only thing I see you talking about in detail beyond 'it sucks' is the screams. Given I didn't mention the screams in my post, I was obviously not referring to you. :)

Basically you don't wanna do it with a merc healer because merc healers just instinctively cure. They don't time it or watch where you are. That will kill you on the last fight. Gotta use one that doesn't heal and pot cure (or whatever method you use for curing) yourself.

The fight itself isn't glitchy, it's the merc's AI that is the problem. And I don't think changing a merc's AI to make sure only to cure when you're standing in a particular spot would be very easy.

They could do what SWTOR does and let you toggle their usage of each and every ability. There's an idea. Toggle off curing for that fight, they'll still heal you but won't mess up curing and you can potion cure.

...huh that's actually a good idea. Gonna have to feedback the ability toggle bit.
    Suidakra and Jinksie like this.
  10. Suidakra Active Member

^^ Heh, yes. When doing this on my channeler, I never noticed how much damage it was doing to me when the Merc cured in the wrong circle. I would just blindly run through them until it was gone, letting the merc cure every time.

I found out the hard way I had to learn which circle and when on my ranger and couldn't dps through the script or heal through that incorrect cure.
  11. Bentenn Well-Known Member

lol the game has a volume for a reason..... defending it or not.. mine goes from 100 to 0 and from 0 to 100.. then i have my headphones that i can do the same too..

How about people that are color blind. They have had to figure out many things in this game over the years to adjust to the game to include health/power bars.. I mean really.

How about deaf people that play the game and have to have tells sent to them or be able to actually read well enough to send tells quickly themselves for cures, or adjustments on mobs...

How about particle effects needing to be turned up to see certain things on quests, because I hate doing that.. but you know what.. it has a slider for a reason, to turn up or down.

How about those that can't read, but can listen and play the game, there are triggers that can be created off ACT to help these individuals.

Kids can play this game, but this is hardly any worse than the majority of the console games out there that most kids play and actually is on a much less tamer side. If you don't see that, then you are disconnected from gaming and probably shouldn't be playing this game either.

If you don't want your kid to hear the screams then simply take your fingers to your speaker and rotate the dial counter-clockwise to turn it down, or click in game options like chrol said and slide the slider to the left, either way, just get over it.

Notice I didn't say to not let you kid play the game :)
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Bentenn Well-Known Member

The warnings you get from your curses are probably a UI download you have, ie i've never heard sound warnings for curses yet in this game /shrug. Maybe i just have sound effects turned down too much if there actually is something.
  13. Aethos Well-Known Member

They aren't actually curses in the solo version, so they wouldn't trigger any sound feedback anyway (DarqUI defaults to a gong sound on curses).
  14. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

The bookcases never change, and are in alphabetical order based on race starting from the South Wall and going clockwise. The only one that tripped me up in the beginning was the fae coming from Faydark (which is 100% right in EQ1 but I was thinking EQ2 and picked Kelethin, which is only Wood Elves in EQ1).
    Ayodi likes this.