[Feedback] Please Return Spotted Baby Bovoch Shrink #2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chienne-Errante, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Mystic Moppet Billy is a great shrink item. Shrink is shrink!

I agree with Chienne-Guk and Jaeded that they can reintroduce 90% shrink but disable it in instanced zones (raids, missions).
    PurpleChicken likes this.
  2. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

These are great suggestions! Thank you.
  3. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

No one is arguing about other shrink items. I have them, yes they still work, yes I can still reach minimum size. This thread is getting completely off track for the purpose it was created.

We are giving feedback on a specific item. Again, this has nothing to do with other items or raids, etc.

I would be very grateful if we could stick to that topic. I'd be happy to discuss thoughts on other items and what is preferred in a different thread. Thanks!
    DreadRoberts and Benito like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

If one specific person is constantly side-tracking the thread, the best bet is to ignore them rather than respond. Responding just further derails the topic.
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

We need to be careful with off-topic suggestions like crafting and cash shop.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I am also glad people are generating some alternatives. I honestly did not know about Kerig'Dal, Xegony illusion, and other LoN options (stacking).

Yes, these options may be known to some veteran players but new or returning players (I came back during Chaos Descending) like myself need this information!

If people know about these options/tricks, I think there will be less angst about the bovoch change so it is very pertinent to this thread.

Edit: I can spin off a new thread if requested but I fear someone will report it for duplicate thread (same/similar topic as this thread).
  7. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

I would think a thread regarding shrink / grow / illusion items and not requesting a feedback to go to the devs would be different enough to not be flagged a duplicate.
    Benito likes this.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Chienne is correct, even if someone reported it as duplicate I would allow a thread about that separate from this one.
    Breanna, Chienne-Guk and Benito like this.
  9. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Thank you Dreamweaver. I will make a thread if the topic progresses (shrink). I am now looking for LoN shrink cloaks on Skyfire. I've already bumped the free EQ1 Heroic Character thread so I don't want to crowd out General with another of my own threads.
  10. PurpleChicken Active Member

11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm not disagreeing with you.
    Chienne-Guk likes this.
  12. Jrox Well-Known Member

Why does anyone care if another person can shrink or not? Other than to just be somewhat spiteful? How does it affect your game play by others shrinking?

Why did they remove the shrink ability from the item at all? Was it game breaking? Was it giving some type of advantage to the user?

Seriously? I can shrink using other items, sure. But this one I enjoyed and now it feels like once again were doing things to the player base just because we can or we love to **** on them because its funny in the break room to talk about... I mean really WTF?
  13. Jrox Well-Known Member

Crickets
    Ratala and Chienne-Guk like this.
  14. Menoric Member

What I don't understand is how a statement can be made that "this was never intended" when many/most of the devs may not have even been with DBG/Darkpaw when this quest went in. How many dev's are left from the Sony times? zero? one? I doubt it's more than that. Please just put the buff back and stop insulting the player base.
  15. Argonath Member

Kander, Gninja, Kaitheel, Ttobey and I believe Chrol are all from the SoE days and there are probably others but those are the main ones I remember seeing at the 2014 SoE Live event I went to the right before the changeover occurred. I believe this particular item of interest was released in 2017 if I read the initial posts on this subject correctly at which point EQ2 was under daybreak with the devs listed above still here.

Now for a possibility that I'm not sure was ever mentioned but I could have overlooked it. Their response of it not being intended could be true if both the effect and item description was completely wrong at the time of creation. Why did it take them 3 years to figure out? Well it could have been a minor issue that they didn't have time for due to powers above the devs wanting other things done. It took them 3 years to address the food/drink buffs being amplified by the Fount of Power/ Grace of Norrath buff. So it's not far fetched that things take time to address and adjust. I'm not trying to make excuses for them as a so called fan boy by any means. They've changed quite a few things over the years I'd rather not been changed, but what's a Gnome to do but continue to blast the minds of various villains.

I have no real horse in this race as I never knew this item existed, but I do hope that it gets fixed/ replaced by in-game means and not cash shop.
    Ratala and Chienne-Guk like this.
  16. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

Bumping so this doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
    Ratala likes this.
  17. FracasKrusher Active Member

I don't want to shrink...

I just want the world to be much larger

thus more to explore and

HAVE FUN IN

Dont deny the FUN

Tappit the unsmall :(
    Breanna and Ratala like this.
  18. Golum Active Member

Can this please be restored so that it shrinks. With all the other problems, how did this even make the priority list? Seriously...
    Chienne-Guk, Mermut and Ratala like this.
  19. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

just need to wait bristlebane day merchants and see again that they have not forgotten about us