Feedback Fun Game

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-SephiroQA, Nov 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Gromiff Guest

Message Edited by Gromiff on 11-22-2005 01:59 AM
    Message Edited by Gromiff on 11-22-2005 02:18 AM
    Message Edited by Gromiff on 11-28-2005 03:49 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-thepriz Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Spindle Guest

First list Urgent/Important: these are things that you feel need immediate attention and are very important to you.
    -More distinction for guilds. Like a unique (guild-specific) tabard or cloak.
    -CSR Involvement. If I report something I would like to see something done about it. Reporting inappropriate names or botters or language and then seeing nothing happen show a lack of caring.
    -Lag. Some zones are swamped with lag, and the frame-rate is bad, I would like to see this redressed.
    -Armor textures and clothing. Some of the armors are very displeasing to the eye. (Trade-link and Emerald Scale) Also to have different clothes to walk around in should not just be only for the higher level guilds. Why should I be guilded to buy a tunic and pants? ;)
    -Where are Lucan and Antonia, if you are not a betrayer, you never see them? Firionia Vie and Al'Kabor at least made an appearance out there once in a while, and you knew they existed. Besides the lore, what proof do we have?
    -More items allowed in houses. (Greater item cap.)
    -More Freeport/Qeynos conflict! What good is being evil or good if you are all friends?
    Second Not Urgent/Important: these are things which you feel are important but not urgent and you can live with.
    -Sitting in CHAIRS.
    -The live events are improving, I would love to see more.
    -A look into your customer base. The majority of people are not playing WoW because they want a more mature game. Look into your demographics, and I think you will be surprised.
    -A better focus on lore and rp events.
    -More fun stuff 'just cause'.
    -Bots and Farmers.
    -More emotes
    -More house items.
    -PvP in the arena is a GREAT idea, but needs tweaking to make it perfect. Why should we go there if there is nothing for us there? More rewards. Make the ability to bet on matches Different arenas as per each city (Maj'dul arenas in Qeynos?) or have it so all arenas are connected and you do not have to scour Norrath for fights. More monsters. Quests in Antonica and Commonlands for Monsters. (Low-level monsters. Antonican Bears, Commonlands Elephants or Hyenas. That sort of thing.) You put a lot of effort into this, let's make sure it gets used.
    Third Not Urgent/Not Important: these are things that you feel are being worked on but don’t really matter to you.
    -UI Interface.
    -Games like the 'lottery' I know that these are money sinks, which are great, but make up something more interesting. Poker! King's court!
    -Graphics. I know that this is supposed to be a game that is the next step, but I think it was a little too far. Most people cannot play without high-end pcs at the best settings. This cuts your player base a lot.
    Finally list the things you like/love and think are perfect.
    -The soga models have really added to the game.
    -The Halloween events were a blast.
    -Housing and house items.
    -The higher dungeons are lost of fun, and the changes to Runnyeye have made it TONS of fun.
    Thank you for your input.
    Thanks for the asking!
    Message Edited by Spindle on 11-23-2005 10:11 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-SephiroQA Guest

Stay tuned for compiled list of what Ive heard from this post.
  5. ARCHIVED-EvilErudite Guest

6. ARCHIVED-otlg Guest

Ok, First some warning some of these are 'biggish' dev items I know, but you asked :p (no particular order, typing them as I think of them)
    Message Edited by otlg on 11-29-2005 08:04 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Kain Hammersmith Guest

1. Guardians and Templars need help, I play both and now they rarely get logged in other than to craft.

2. Bugs, there are alot of them in the old world zones that have been there a long time with no attention. Many bug reports and feedbacks sent by me and guild members.

3. Raid content, I dont raid very often but it seems there is not enough to please high level people once they reach their lvl cap.

4. Graphics, # of quests, lots of zones.
  8. ARCHIVED-Morigana Guest

First list Urgent/Important: these are things that you feel need immediate attention and are very important to you.

T6 crafting, Carpenter books and Provisioner fixes. It doesn't seem like it should be that big of a deal to make the recipes in line with the stats sony said each food would type would give and fix the durations. Crystal palace furniture just breaks my heart.

Finish the balancing to dps classes and priests. Assassins still are not tier 1 dps and get out damaged by classes meant to be tier 2. I can't speak for all priests but my Inquisitor still can't make it through Harclave even on easy since the changes.

Bulk subcombines would be a God send.

Curved counters, a stove ( for looks) fireplaces or building components and table top lights, plants, dishes, glasses

Second Not Urgent/Important: these are things which you feel are important but not urgent and you can live with.

A way to turn off water effects, getting near the ocean lags me like crazy

A way to bring up the crafting sounds with out bringing up all the sounds

Pet stay comands ( all that motion makes lag)

Fix the door in the five room house in Freeport. Got a whole room even a crouched ratonga can't get in to.

book cases and shelves that hold books

The ability to imbue armor or jewelry with specific resists would be great

Third Not Urgent/Not Important: these are things that you feel are being worked on but don’t really matter to you.

Please stop changing UI's and armor colors of mobs till player issues are resolved.

Mail ( would like to be able to send stuff to guild mates even if they are Qeynosians)
    Guild Bank
    Holiday Events ( loved the haunted house and trick or treat stuff) Can't wait for the yuletide stuffs!

thanks for asking!

Morgaine
  9. ARCHIVED-Cossa Guest

The difficulty of the game needs to be increased. The current dumbing down of the game in an attempt to draw the WOW crowd is going to eventually destroy the game. It would be like BMW building all their cars w/ wood side panels to increase sales station wagon demographic. The "niche" of EQ2 is that it's a more intelligent person's MMO. If the recent trends to simplifying the game don't reverse EQ2 will see a massive exodus when Vanguard goes live.
    Put in a severe death penalty.
    Put access quests back in. These were fun and rewarding.
    Make more zones like Nek Castle, but without the bugs.
    Put in more "thinking quests". One example is the Sphinx instance in DOF...now that's cool stuff. Another idea is to have puzzle like zones where manipulating objects is key (like some of the Splitpaw stuff). Like when you have to move some boxes to get over a wall to get to a torch to light a candle that opens a wall that gets you into a room....etc. etc....
    #1 Most Important - Completely revamp HO's. These are completely useless to the game now. They have no visible effect. They should be VERY challenging to pull off but then provide a VERY visible benefit. As it currently exists there is no place for them in normal groups. Even if done regularly HOs provide no dramatic benefit. They were much better day1 then they are now. Some of the best times we had early on were trying to make that Arcane Challice fire off. It wasn't easy because people would break the chain, but when it fired it was a noticeable boost to everyone's power. Enough that it was worth the risk of trying it and could turn the tide of a tight battle. That's THE point of heroic opportunities. I could write a short dissertation on this topic.
    Put a hiatus on development of new content and seriously address the top 80% of the games bugs. Broken quests, quirky UI, crashing, lag, performance, buggy zones, etc...all these things should be given immediate and proper attention to really solidify the game before the next major content update or adventure pack.
    Proper attention needs to be given to the EQ2Players features. They are in no better shape than a year ago. The item information is lacking or inaccurate, the guild website management is buggy and missing key features. The promise of an SOE hosted total guild management solution is wonderful, but the execution is severely lacking. There is a growing trend for guilds to move away from this to their own systems, creating new message boards, etc. Magelo is soon to be EQ2 enabled, and this will be a huge blow to the usefulness of the EQ2Players stuff.
    I personally don't do tradeskills...so anything in that realm doesn't matter to me. But I'm sure it means a heck of a lot to others.
    The EQ2 graphics are bar-none the coolest I've seen in an MMO. I love the artwork and the power of the graphics engine. I'm still amazed by the shadow, bloom, and lighting effects. Some of the mobs (demons, dragons, etc.) still blow me away a year after release. The quests are interesting and relevant. The voice overs are unique and fun.
    Message Edited by Cossa on 11-30-2005 01:08 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Treespark Guest

11. ARCHIVED-SephiroQA Guest

The results are in folks.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shortstraw Guest

Where are they? I thought you said you'd post them back here.
  13. ARCHIVED-Soccerfourlyfe Guest

Ok, so here are the rules I want feedback on the game; however here is the game part.

First off.... OH my sweet geebies, im gettin freakin excited reading about some of this stuff..... here's a short version of what i'd like
    Heroic Opportunities - CAN YOU IMAGINE a raid-wide heroic opportunity that results in ALL of.. say the mages... combining to form a gargantuous collection of comets comeing from all angles(kinda like a person gettin stoned in the old days :eek:) dont neccessarily have the damage of 6 ice comets, but just the effect would be sweet.... team-work = fun, and even the perception of an amazing skill created by many people will strengthen the community feelin that keeps us here. Adding a **** graphic to HO's would be freakin sweet :)
    Armor artwork..... not really sure if i should call it armor since im a mage, but you get the idea. My suggestion : at each major guild level, allow the status point robes to be simply a graphic over-coat that lets you wear the robe you want for stats, (ie im wearing an imbued robe, but everyone sees my status robe) at increased guild levels allow shading of the adornments, trim, ect. Make us feel special :) (BTW, the most useful robe since lvl 30 has ALWAYS had the same purple graphic, mix this up, ALOT.
    Enchanters being useless on raids, Templars gettin a boot up the rear end.
    suggestion? -> all healers dont need to be able to heal the same, i mean cmon, if you cared about the game long term, you did research and chose the character you wanted to play, not just for the name "Templar", but for the ability to be and extremely powerful healer. Shamans and druids chose their classes for utility, ect. Templars are asking for more DPS, although what they really want is bigger heals. (ie best class to heal a monk would be a Cleric since spike damage needs spike heals)
    Spell lines - lvl 50+ spells were basically upgrades in stats on the same spell lines we've been using for 50 levels (ie give me something special about hitting lvl 60)..... my lvl 60 spells is one of the most useless for my class -Wizard - while i use my lvl 50 spells like no tommorrow. Simply put, give me a new spell line with something FUN and uber :) (small note, thx for surging tempest at lvl 58, this was one good addition)
    balancing? we want to have something unique about EACH class that makes us better in some area, but worse in another. hence the reason for choosing a class in the first place.

• A QA guy asking for feedback in a thread like this.
    • Guild interface.
    • Guild bank.
    • Mail system.
    • Live Events.
    • The fireworks from the veteran's rewards!!!
    • More frequent dev/CSR involvement on the boards.
    Thank you for your input.